This is what I had today for lunch: fried acacia-blossoms!

This is what I had today for lunch: fried acacia-blossoms!

Just when you think you've seen the strangest food people eat, and then bam! Deep-fried flowers.

I'm intrigued

I made deep fried pumpkin flowers once. It was ok.

It's an amazing dish and it doesn't require a long preparation

I really want to try it now, what does it taste like?

What are you, some kind of Giraffe ?

Fried squash blossoms are common. Usually stuffed with ricotta cheese. Bit of herb and lemon mixed in. They're good.

In my country people fry elderbarry flowers. Its normal and pretty good

Uhm... like flowers, haha, but with that delicious taste of crunchy batter

Deep fried acacia blossoms is a typical Italian recipe (prevalent in the region between Florence and Bologna) but we also make fried pumpkin flowers (more common) and fried elderberry flowers

>being so shortsighted that you literally fry flowers instead of letting them develop into actual food
Italians really are niggers

>fried anything
pallet of a child.

This might be the coolest thing I've ever seen

>he doesn't refined pallit

Gonna have to ask you to redirect that to the blog.

It sounds kind of good but I'll be honest, I had no idea you could even eat flowers at all. If it's common, it's in a part of the world I didn't grow up in.

>fried elderberry flowers
That sounds really good

It's common in Italy and in the parts of the US where immigrants from Italy settled. It's a seasonal delicacy, though, not something you'd find on a restaurant's regular menu. Always a special.

>It's a seasonal delicacy, though, not something you'd find on a restaurant's regular menu. Always a special.
I can confirm. There are little festivals up in the hills dedicated to this type of dish, mostly during springtime.

Another example of a recipe with flowers is risotto with rose petals. Usually its main ingredient is strawberries, but there are different versions. The kicker is the rose petals, which are completely edible!

I kek'd

My nigga. Where are you from? I just made fried zucchini blossoms last week, I live in the Midwest and my grandma used to make them every year

Your grandma is the best! I'm from Emilia-Romagna