Does anybody else like drinking vinegar or dipping stuff such as chips or bread in it...

Does anybody else like drinking vinegar or dipping stuff such as chips or bread in it? I personally like balsamic vinegar the best

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posca
desiringgod.org/articles/the-wine-jesus-drank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

No, you're literally the only human that enjoys that.

Shrubs (drinking vinegars) are incredibly popular right now with the upscale cocktail crowd where I live.

I like balsamic vinegar as much as the next guy. Put it in a pasta sauce, or in a salad dressing, sure, it's delicious.

But drinking it? No. No thank you.

Its healthy though

Its kind of like alcohol. It burns in your throat but you get that special aftertaste. I also realllly like putting the apple cider vinegar left over from a salad on rice. You should try it

>Its kind of like alcohol
The two go really well together.

Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is the only one I've drank, but I gotta cut it with water because it's too much straight up.

I do occasionaly get an urge to have a sip of apple cider vinegar.

RIP enamels

Vinegar cleans your body and is generally really good for the body. My dad and grandma used to force me to drink a glass of vinegar a day cuz of how good it was. I guess it just stuck with me and i started to like vinegar

It's not something you drink in large quantities. But a good vinegar mixed with a little bourbon and some simple syrup is a pretty good start for a cocktail. I've had a few good examples at swankier places than I usually hit.

What is the deal with this horseshit? We sell fucktons of this at the grocery store I am employed at.

It's a hippie folk remedy taken for acid reflux among other things.

It has no preservatives(dumb thing to claim since vinegar is itself a preservative, but American consumers are dumb fucks so this works on them). Also it's not filtered, so it seems more natural, and the natural = good fallacy sells food like you wouldn't believe these days.

However, the bottle does have the mother of vinegar in there, so it's nice if you want to start making your own vinegar from homebrewed wine or cider.

It's one of the more popular vinegars. Up there with rice wine vinegar.

I made a strawberry shrub a few weeks ago with some white balsamic.
Really great with sparkling water or wine

Sometimes I see one of the dishwashers pouring straight white vinegar in his water but that's a different story entirely

>Using an acid to cure acid reflux
That's the exact opposite of a cure, that will make it worse.

And you're literally the only retard who thinks so

True

Balsamico of Modena is a marvel. We should consider ourselves privileged if we can taste it.

I love dipping pretty much any type of chicken or pasta in balsamic, shits addicting

You would think that. But digestion is a biofeedback system. Send down more acid before a meal and the stomach will release less during and after.

ayy, nice to see someone else makes shrubs too

I just tried drinking a tablespoon of balsamic mixed with 8 ounces or so of water over ice. It was actually pretty refreshing, I can see why Medieval peasants too poor to afford wine would drink this.

I love vinegar too

It fits with some trendy diets now (paleo, keto, gluten-free, etc.) A lot of recipe blogs include it in their content.

Next time try using sparkling water for a vinegar champagne!

It's not healthy unless you want to acidify your urine (which is an actual healthy thing) but most people would opt for a more palatable option like cranberry juice.

My Dad splashes balsamic vinegar on most things he eats

Beyond the hippie trendy diet bullshit, it has a pretty nice flavor for the price. I use it for sauces, dressing, and various ways of cooking pork, vegetables, and fish pretty often. It makes a nice reduction, especially if you add a few spices.

Has anybody in this thread tried genuine traditional balsamic vinegar?
An italian workmate gave me 3/4 of a bottle before he went back home, it is seriously god-tier stuff, but at £100 a bottle I am not sure I will ever buy it myself. it is delicious to drink, drizzle on salad, pasta, lasagna, even on ice cream it's fucking amazing.
the Modena stuff is nice, but it really isn't the same thing at all, i just use it for cooking or making marinades.

>drinking vinegar
Ancient Rome was A-OK with that, especially if you were a pleb or soldier who couldn't buy good wine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posca

It even appears in the Bible several times, most famously as the 'sour wine' offered to Jesus while he was dying on his cross. Thus, it proves that the act was not one of mockery, but of humanity by relieving the condemned's thirst.

desiringgod.org/articles/the-wine-jesus-drank

I'm ready to grab some shortly and eat it off my ladies pussy likely during the evening I bath her in 100usd worth of kalamata olive oil.

I love to use it when cooking vegetables. I will also add a splash of soy sauce and garlic. Tastes like heaven.

I fucking love having some kind of tomato salad with onions, some hard cheese, pepper, salt, olive oil and a lot of home-made wine vinegar. After it's finished I'll take some good bread and scoop up the leftover vinaigrette, fucking amazing stuff. Good wine vinegar with a slight hint of acetone is the best.

I like taking a shot of Bragg's vinegar "with the mother" every morning as an eye opener. Wakes me up and I feel like it energizes me for the day.

I was stuck in a Natural Grocer's for a book club once because the chain tends to have free meeting rooms. I have no idea why. It's just an empty room in the back with plastic folding tables and chairs. Wtf.

I bought a blueberry/vinegar drink out of curiosity. 8/10.

I have a cousin in Trst in italy. He visits me like 2 times a year. He owns a organic farm with his wife. Sometimes they bring me a bottle or two of home made top quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil