Is he the biggest cuck in all of literature

is he the biggest cuck in all of literature

>dedicate you life to defending your oneitis's son who looks exactly like your chad bully
>die a virgin

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joséphine_de_Beauharnais#Marriage_to_Napol.C3.A9on
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>literature

go to bed harold

>tfw snape created a fetish for you
>tfw you can only get off to skinny goth teens fucking qtpi blondes in normie bedrooms.

/thread

look, if you've read the books, Rowling tried to give good reasons as to why Snape would try to protect harry, like, his boss killed the girl he loved and it was worth it to stick it to the boss by trying to hinder his only-aim-in-life of killing the little git.

But yeah, technically, he was a cuck, and quite a huge one against his entire 'student-of-the-dark-arts' persona was concerned.

I mean, if i was snape, and the cunt would've refused to love me back i wouldn't have cried over her dead body like a faggot.
If anything, I, who have been into the dark arts my entire teenage and after, would've just congratulated the boss for snuffing the ungrateful cunt and maybe complained that he didn't allow me to do the honors with my very own wand.

Look, man, there's no such thing as "LOVE", at least not like what we read in the stories, or see in the movies. It's just mutual affection and acceptance of each other's amusing, sometimes complimentary-to-us idiosyncrasies.
But these feelings go right outta window the moment she so non-chalantly refuses my sincere proposal.
I'm not saying she doesn't have the right to reject me, but I do not have to mop after her my entire life either.
Of course, a smarter man would just move on.

kek, yeah, fpbp

Never read the book or watched past the second movie but when people told me about the character I always thought it was pretty interesting

What if Harry was Harriet who looked exactly like Lily? Snapey boy would probably be in Azkaban by book 2.

Maybe he was obsessed with the idea of being loved rather than loving her as a person. By having her snuffed out like that the infatuation wasn't shattered but made even stronger as the reality of their lack of romantic relationship no longer got in the way of his fantasies of being loved. By dying he could build more elaborate fantasies and Harry was the perfect subject as he embodied both the one he desired and the one who taunted him and stole her away from him. So he could both live out his revenge fantasies of getting back at Harry's father and live out his fantasies of protecting Harry's mother. He never moved on because there was nowhere to move for him.

The short version: eternal friendzone.

was a reply to except you deleted your post

>The short version: eternal friendzone.
shorter version: biggest cuck

sorry, made a few grammar booboos, so being had to delete the post and correct the mistakes.

also,
>being loved
we all want to be loved, so not his fault at all. it is accepted.

>infatuation wasn't shattered but made even stronger
yeah, i can see how a neet, social-outcast fuck like snivellus snape would justify it to himself.

>harry
>looks like james - snape's 'mortal enemy'
>has lily's eyes - snape's one true love
>both fantasies into one
yeah, exactly. And that is why the last thing snape ever did was ask harry to look with his [and his mother's] green eyes into snape's.

>eternal friendzone.
true.
and as this pointed out, what is friendzone but a form of cuckery?

Maybe. King Arthur, too.

>Mfw when people use psychobabble to explain the character when it can all be reduced to the fact that J.K. Rowling has penis envy

It's only cuckery if she is in a relationship with someone else.

>cuckoldry
My bad.

What the fuck is this doing on my board go back to redit you goddamn man child reeeeeeeeee

is this a new meme
harry potter is literature, like it or not

literature about implausibly pathetic and devoted men

>J.K. Rowling has penis envy
and how many girls don't?

so, are you forgetting the James, the rich Chad?
James was always 1 step ahead of snape in pursuit of getting into lily's panties.
add to that the fact and james, the rich chad, and his cronies would often taunt and bully "snivellus" snape.
james could get lily so easily, and snape couldn't even get her to maintain the previous levels of their friendship - if that isn't friendzoned-cuckoldry, i don't know what is.

>my board
kek.

ctrl+w, my man.
but maybe you or a mac, then i have no idea how.

you *are on a mac
damn it.

Knowing more about that character other than that he is from Harry Potter makes you a cuck

>and how many girls don't?
Every woman is prone to penis envy, a few also have hysteria.
If the book was written by a man things would be much more interesting, if only easily explained by the Oedipus complex and castration anxiety.

No need for complex analysing, all can be explained by lust and lust alone

In what sense? That the entire project of Harry Potter as a series can be seen as a child, created in an attempt to gain phallus? Elaborate.

>inb4 you're just ignorant/purposefully misusing Freud in order to make misogynistic commentary about J.K. Rowling

Misogyny isn't real.

>Knowing more about that character other than that he is from Harry Potter makes you a cuck
it makes me someone in my 20s who read the books growing up grandpa

>Every woman is prone to penis envy, a few also have hysteria.
Penis envy is a normative development of the female Oedipus conflict (yes, Freud wrote that women also experience the Oedipal conflict!)
>No need for complex analysing, all can be explained by lust and lust alone
Penis envy is not a desire for a penis; it's a desire for a child, ya goof.

> what is friendzone but a form of cuckery?
I corrected your assumption that they are the same in general. Not just in this instance.

>a few also have hysteria.
Forgot to add that this is the result of neuroses, but it's not really necessary to mention because you don't draw a clear connection to hysteria in your discussion, either.

stop talking about Freud when you haven't readhim

>Penis envy is not a desire for a penis; it's a desire for a child, ya goof.
that doesn't make any sense

>all can be explained by lust and lust alone
in a sense, yes, sigmund.
but stories are often more than that.
this "penis envy" can also be seen in males - only then you might call it "bigger-penis envy"

maybe it's all about who has more testosterone (power, control, respect, fear)

they are all real.
mroe like a rule 36 for words - if the word means something, then that thing probbaly really exists.

>they are the same in general.
yes, apparently.

>it's a desire for a child, ya goof.
And how is such a child made? Hmmm....

I think people who go reeeee at Harry Potter are actually too young to have read them rather than too old. It used to be that one series everyone my age read back then, so you'd read it if only to see what the hype was all about. Nowadays it's more a sign of poor taste.

No it's insecurity of being a female

It would if you read Freud, that's exactly what he says

Women are impelled toward normal heterosexual relations in order to gain power (phallus) in the form of a child, where they lack it in the form of a penis.
Ya but the desire for cock and sex is wayyyy secondary to the desire for phallus, at least according to Freud

>if the word means something, then that thing probbaly really exists.

It may exist as a concept but that does not mean it is real; e.g., "ghost."

Patently wrong, read Freud

>Women are impelled toward normal heterosexual relations in order to gain power (phallus) in the form of a child, where they lack it in the form of a penis.
why not just call it power envy

or masculinity envy, penises are not a source of power

>Penis envy
literally the fact that growing girls sometimes panic at the thought that they will never amount to anything [or taken seriously by men] as they do not have a penis themselves.

yes
>wanting a penis cause apparently having a penis increases their worth in other mens' eyes
kek, but hey i already have one so what do i know about what a girl thinks about penises?

okay, i stand corrected.

patently, 911?
pic related

>implying Voldemort's possie didnt partake in days-long sorcery induced orgies

What did you think they were wearing under those cloaks?

>secondary to the desire for phallus
And why do we desire phallus? I think you know...

EXACTLY

Now that's Veeky Forums

>will never amount to anything [or taken seriously by men] as they do not have a penis themselves.
Hence the drive toward child rearing, not towards sex-in-itself

stop being a wikipedia warrior and read

Feminist Freudians do!
Power is an end-in-itself, so idk what you're implying

>What did you think they were wearing under those cloaks?
robes? actually what kind of underwear do they wear in the potterverse

someone go to pottermore and find out

>Both Snape and Voldemort died a virgin

Harry Potter is offensive to virgins

They don't wear underwear, because they use the spell genitallus leakem disappeara.

>penises are not a source of power
Forgot to mention: the people who hold the symbolic authority (phallus) in a family also happen to have penises, so, as per Freud, an association gets made by both boys and girls that the penis-haver is powerful as a result of the penis

I'm pretty sure Voldemort and Belatrix had a kid together

I don't think poor taste. It's a good series for ages 9-13

How do we know Voldie never fucked anyone? He must have gotten so much dick when he still had a nose.

>power envy
yes, much more precise.

>Hence the drive toward child rearing, not towards sex-in-itself
of course, not.
they just want to be the one wearing the jockstrap.
the desire if power comes from traditional gender roles - men had all the power, and women were envious.

>wikipedia warrior
nothing wrong there.

somebody need to fire their twitter at rowling and ask whether they actually died virgins or not.
but i'm sure dark arts followers also crave power, and what's most powerful but to have a girl at your penis' mercy? i bet there were all kinds of rapes and/or at least BDSM shit going on after a firewhiskey or 2.

yeah, this is some recent news, if i'm not mistaken. maybe the kid didn't survive or something, or maybe this was just some stupid fanfic? sauce?

for the age group?
yes.

that's actually true lmao
>the cursed child
written by a hack who wasn't rowling

We need someone to ask her why she hates virgins so much.

He probably did a lot. He was meant to be popular and manipulative. He very likely flirted/slept with people to get whatever he needed.

>hack who wasn't rowling
she approved it as canon though, so same thing.

yes, so who here has a twitter account?

I don't know, I am 25 and was at the right age to enjoy them, but they are just bad. Too many plot holes and predictable writing. I knew this even them, and I know people who felt the same. People who liked it most likely had never read anything else, and still haven't moved on. If you've only eaten one food your whole life, you have absolutely no right to say it's the best ever made.

I remember a time when Veeky Forums would not accept this kind of trash in the board.

Sage

you are absolutely right, double-7.

i'm 26 and up until the last book i had never read much of anything else.
now i realize i did good by downloading pirated pdfs and not wasting my parents' hard earned money on physical potter books.
i men they are good for pre-teens, but a more experienced reader will probably only want to read them just because they are a cult series now, and nothing more.

i'd rather read tolkien [of which rowling plagiarized potter]

Yea, I don't get why she would make him still love Lilly after she literally fell in love with the dude that viciously bullied him instead of reporting to the school that your supposed friend is getting bullied? Didn't make sense, she pretty much made Lilly into a superficial cunt, at least in my eyes.

Also, the fact that James was a bully was a-ok, he was a cool chad, but when the kid he bullied became an edgelord into the dark arts in a desperate attempt to get back at the bullies who he otherwise had no chance against (again where the fuck are the people from school in this shit?), he was the bad guy suddenly and that was too much for Lilly. James pretty much made Snape into a deatheater through bullying and suffered no consequences, he got the girl and a happy family. Imho he deserved to get fucking greenlit by voldemort.

share vids

>Plagiarized Potter
I'm curious.

>Yea, I don't get why she would make him still love Lilly after she literally fell in love with the dude that viciously bullied him instead of reporting to the school that your supposed friend is getting bullied?
he did call her the magic equivalent of the n-word tho

>He called me names
Kill them all! Lol bro bullied much? It's just bantz can't you handle the bantz?

pic related

she gave too many half-assed justifications for the marauders' story. really made it look like she had the lost grasp entirely. but that's what happens when you plagiarize the plotline and try to add your own bullshit to it.

I liked Harry Potter but this was the most unsatisfying conclusion. Just because he loved Lily, that is not sufficient motivation to protect Harry for years and years even if he hates him. It's quite a stretch and really took me out of the story, it was just not believable.

This is a problem with a lot of writers in general, the motivations for their characters often feel insufficient. I wish Snape's motive for helping Dumbledore was a lot meatier.

another one, now with star wars.

This makes Harry Potter look much better written in comparison. I don't think that was the intention though. Also, Voldemort's motivation had to do with keeping the wizard blood "pure" and a perverse interest in the dark arts.

Holy shit the schizotypism

>Kill them all! Lol bro bullied much? It's just bantz can't you handle the bantz?
shut up you cuck he literally used magic to beat him up
> Just because he loved Lily
there's love and then there's this insane devotion

even napoleon, who snape is based off, grew out of his oneitis and fucked bitches

>much better written in comparison
now that i've grown up and read a few more books, i believe HP wasn't as well written as my teenage self thought.
but it also gives me format of potential success as someone who want to be a writer.
i just wish someone would give me such a format for sci-fi.

> Voldemort's motivation had to do with keeping the wizard blood "pure"
yes, rowling made it a parallel motivation - the first was, of course, power. he wanted to rule the magical world and everyone else as well.
anyway, voldy boy conveniently forgot his half-blood side or maybe hated that side and wanted a pure magical world.

i don't know if you are referring to the pic or what i wrote in the post.

>napoleon, who snape is based off
sauce?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joséphine_de_Beauharnais#Marriage_to_Napol.C3.A9on

>i don't know if you are referring to the pic or what i wrote in the post.
The picture, like autism but different

>anyway, voldy boy conveniently forgot his half-blood side

That was intentional, was supposed to show how hypocritical a lot of "pure blood" people are and was an allusion to nazi germany, where a lot of the people against jews had jewish ancestors themselves

It's not plagiarism to use archetypes.

okay.
but i do agree with the comparison.
makes it clear that rowling's work was massive influenced by much popular previous works in the art of story telling.

agreed.

>archetypes
too many to be typical, really.
it's like she wanted to use as many as she could. the deliberate attempt seems obvious once you've read the series and spent a minute or 2 pondering over it.
in conclusion, i think rowling isn't bad, she just doesn't mind leaving glaring plot holes gaping wide for fucktards like us to penetrate and rape the shit out of.
she isn't a perfect storyteller but she sure as hell knows how to milk someone else's dead cow [ archetypes? kek! ] by repainting it white.

Did somebody steal your sweet roll? C'mon bro be a man and don't give a fuck about poor snapesys wounded pride. Fuck him he's weird then he fucked up and got weirder hanging with dark Lord's waaay to hard for him and lil bitch ways and that's all Voldemort did was use him as a bitch, him and wormtail. They were forever bitch boys first to old man Potter then to Voldemort they were static characters since childhood.

>but i do agree with the comparison
The second one with star wars stretches things a bit

DUDE WIZARDS LMAO

>Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
fuck off reddit
>C'mon bro be a man and don't give a fuck about poor snapesys wounded pride.
snape is our guy dumbass
more like DUDE STRETCH MY LEGS LMAO

>Fuck him
mostly because he was too much of an ass to 11 year olds.

maybe just a tad. but it's fun nonetheless.

/Our guy/
No he's /your guy/ user, op just explained why he's an all time cuck. I can assure you he is not my guy. Of the Marauders I'm the werewolf.

/thread

reddit tier infographic. The archetypes are a staple of fantasy.

>Of the Marauders I'm the werewolf.
yes, me too.
although, like lupin, i would also let my friends be an ass to snivellus, but later on pretend to be slightly mad at myself that i didn't do much to stop them.

i am OP

many great men have been cucks

>great men
>cucks
in what world?

>Napoleon
>A cuck
Gtfo dude just because he fell for a woman once doesn't make him a cuck. He unfucked himself and then fucked his way from Gibraltar to Moscow. He's nothing like Snape. Stop using his comparison to elevate your whiny bitch boy who never accomplished shit.

napoleon was a cuck

We don't know that he died a virgin. He probably did though, I mean come on.

and a loser.

>Gtfo dude just because he fell for a woman once doesn't make him a cuck.
he was a literal cuckold and he had the same hair as snape

he was also greasy and had a hook nose

a great loser

Superficial similarities dude. One was the leader of an empire and the other took turns swallowing Voldemort then Dumbledores cum.

that's because this series was written by a woman

snape should have overthrown voldemort and conquered the world

here's another reason you can tell this series was written by a nerdy woman

there are no hot and popular women

I mean maybe? I would say Napoleon is the exception not the rule on cuckoldry. Most cucks are like Snape, scheming on some elaborate Hamlet like plot to over throw their evil antagonist but in the end they fuck it all up because they never actually took a decisive action.

You are misunderstanding him, he was an actual cuckold. Josephine was a notorious adulterer, but nobody had the heart to tell Napoleon.
They only met because some wanker who was fucking her introduced them.

Also Julius Caesar was a cuck, but he divorced the woman and, like Napoleon, went on to fuck lots of women out of wedlock - but I bet that, also like Napoleon, he never let it go.

Yes there are. The Asian chick who got chadded up by diggity. And honestly Hermione is pretty, smart, and popular (friend of Harry most popular guy at school lands the hunky foreign quidditch player for the ball) Jenny Weasley heir to the very (by that time thanks to Fred and George especially and Ron too) popular and likeable reputation of the weasely clan and she got with the chosen one.