Tfw no qt Veeky Forums gf

>tfw no qt Veeky Forums gf
Books for this feel?

>tfw gf only reads fanfiction
Kill me now

Do you think Nietsche would have liked Virginia Woolf? Like, like liked her?

Plato's Symposium

>tfw no qt Veeky Forums rich gf who pays for your bills and food, giving you enough time to become a great writer

Damn.

personally I always shipped him with emily dickinson

Serious question, what's some good entry-level Veeky Forums I can use to de-pleb my gf

You will never become a great writer living such a comfortable life.

patrishunness isn't taught. You're born with it. Like fetal alcohol syndrome or homosexuality

Very much so. He loved the psychological realism of Stendhal, and I think N. would see modernist literature as a dreamy, ecstatic, Dionysian application of form.

>tfw that I have realized that almost every single post on Veeky Forums is indistinguishable from bots that have been force-fed memes, no one ever says anything remotely personal about their experience of literature, and that I have wasted precious time of my youth in a place where the best of content is when the users regurgitate recommendations already in the wiki

Books for this feel?

Steinbeck. Start her out with Travels with Charley. Everyone loves Travels with Charley unless they have no soul. Then give her Cannery Row and Sweet Thursday. Then when she's enamored with Steinbeck, hit her up with Mice and Men, East of Eden and Grapes of Wrath in that order.

Nah, I'm kidding of course. Start with the greeks.

>dreamy, ecstatic, Dionysian application of form.
You mean the equivalent of psychological navel-gazing would be considered Dionysian? That's not at all what it means, not even close. You're way over your head. I suggest you take a look at what he meant with decadence. There is a big difference between Stendhal and Woolf, and in fact the rest of the Modernists, which is exactly what he criticized about Wagner - indulgence.

My diary desu.

She really likes Of Mice & Men so this might actually be a good idea

How come Nietzehe didnt like Plato, because he thought he distracted the Greeks from their Pure Natural Nature, (took them away from themselves and the world, with 'nothingness, empty, abstractions');

And Plato, thought that Poets should not be allowed in the ideal Republic (who knows what Plato thought, thats what a character said in his text?), because they distract from real life.

And yet you say Nietszche would love a 'nonsenseful poet'.

Glad you wrote this so I don't have to.

But what do you think of those half-aristocratic half-populist genres like impressionism and minimalism. They seemed to be attempts to revive degenerated artforms. My opinion is that he wouldn't care for them much and just move onto ascending popular art like jazz, photography and film.

And just to have the last word on this,
>N. would see modernist literature as a dreamy, ecstatic, Dionysian application of form.
>dreamy, ecstatic
>Dionysian
Isn't that rather THE definition of Apollonian?

I mean you're right to question that user's opinion of what Nietzsche would like, but I think N. agreed to a great extent with Plato about the honesty (the lack of) of artists, he got that conclusion from studying Wagner, the greatest artist and counterfeiter of his time.

>impressionism and minimalism
Art without form, unbound, desperate -- even Romanticist in its temperament, hysterical, subjectivity descending so much into vanity it is almost without worth and value i.e. nearly the whole Modernist spectrum of art.
Are you the same guy who had that convo with rapture? Interesting thread.

Also,
>Wagner, the greatest artist and counterfeiter of his time.
Exactly right - the countefeiter.

Bro it's never gonna happen. Embrace it

Read On Women by Schopie

You're right, I did make that post too hastily, and to call 'modernism' Dionysian isn't really accurate. To be honest I've never really been too clue on Nietzsche's views on literature.

>Isn't that rather THE definition of Apollonian?

Not at all.

>[...] Inevitably, Nietzsche's philosophical orientation compelled him to reject Bach's music. With their continual representations of form, rational structures, and "unsentimental sentiments" (to use Weaver's phrase), each fugue of the Well-Tempered Clavier would have been a powerful expression of the Apollonian "pathology" that had made German culture "sick."

What does this have to do with my post?

>tfw no Veeky Forums bf to read and share books with
Reading alone is fine too.