I strongly feel that society, and life itself, is devolving into caricatures of themselves. Living, from day to day...

I strongly feel that society, and life itself, is devolving into caricatures of themselves. Living, from day to day, feels like being involved in a satirical stage play.

Though it doesn't sadden me, I feel like it should not be this way. What books or philosophies deal with this feeling? Also, do some of you feel the same way?

Eh, caricatures exist for a reason. A lot of people roughly conform to some sort of prescriptive trope. You might be blowing it out of proportion a bit.

T.S Eliot's "The Hollow Men"

>t. Holden Cauliflower

>I strongly feel
problem solved

>Look at me, I'm so sensitive and perceptive and special!

Cück

Fuck off Thomas L.

Yeah, I can relate to this. Not sure how to handle it though.

>reads Baudrillard once

It seems as though this has been a normal part of life, but now it has accelerated into a feedback loop, and I don't know what's at the end of the spiral.

The very fact that I opened up this debate and someone pretends to call me pretentious seems to validate it. It just feels so ridiculously orchestrated.

>inb4 tinfoil hat etc.

Add.: I'm fairly certain that this feeling/state has been already theorized, maybe someone could help me out with some books/films etc. to begin with.

>I don't know what's at the end of the spiral.
Nobody does dumbass, it's called "the future" and it hasn't happened yet. Everyone else in America thinks the election and shit is ridiculous so you're not special. You're literally being meme'd by real life.

Just embrace it, faggot
Nothing is "supposed" to be in a certain way, only someone as idiotic like to belive in some kind of agenda would belive such thing

The Recognitions.

Yep. It's to the point that a sizable portion of local news articles strike me as satiric. I think it's a consequence of spending too much time here, wallowing in post-post-meta-hyper-whatever-irony.

I've been through many 'phases' where I thought I knew how everything worked now, and that the rest of my life would be a footnote to that understanding.
Then I realized that feelings are biochemical, thoughts are an extension of a mixing between biochemical information and intellectual understanding.
There is nothing new under the sun, especially your feeling that you've entered a new understanding of the world.
It's literally the reagan years repeating themselves, if you go back and look the parallels are uncanny. Just how Obama was basically Carter.

Read Thomas Ligotti

Plus "Feedback loop" If you're certain that someone is fucking with you everything is a mirage, so a lie, s of the b.

Just stop thinking about it.

This is the oddest thing about it. At work, colleagues approach me with new ideas of our management and they just sound like sarcastic ideas to drive the work lives of everyone there into dust. But then we go on and do it.

I can't even think of it as work. I go there as a stage actor.

this is the point of view i cultivated when i was smoking a lot of weed and experimenting with hallucinogens. it has definitely waned since i largely stopped with all of that, but still creeps up, and now whenever i smoke a bit it comes back in full-force.

do you use drugs like these op?

Actually no.

You edgy faggot. When you go outside you see people working hard, falling in love, worshiping, enjoying themselves, engaging in conflict.

GET OFF THE INTERNET

"I would maintain, on the contrary, that every epoch is immediate to God, and that its value in no way depends on what may have eventuated from it, but rather in its existence alone, its own unique particularity"

- von Ranke

society of the spectacle

didn't you know life is just a simulation? Some one or something is spectating us. It's the divine comedy.

"Revolt Against the Modern World" by Julius Evola

"Ride The Tiger" by Julius Evola

I haven't read these yet - I only just bought ride the tiger, but they might be appropriate

Derealization is a thing.

La Planète des singes.
It is not very good, though.