Why is this thing so disappointing...

Why is this thing so disappointing? I just picked one up today because it was "weird and exotic" so I was like why the fuck not it'll probably taste interesting too, but all it tasted like was a depressed kiwi. This shit tasted like a fruit that shouldn't be, like it never tried. Why was this the only exotic fruit they provided and who in their right mind would actually buy this besides as a product of impulse and curiosity

I soaked it in sugar, salt, and lime after one bite of it and it did taste much better like that so there's I guess some hope for it but I would rather just buy a kiwi

What the fuck did you expect from a cactus?

Dragon Fruit is the only fruit I'm allergic too. It's delicious but it fucks my shit up so I can't consume it. How I got allergic to a rare fruit I have no fucking idea.

They're refreshing if they're cold and it's hot outside, I don't mind them in that situation. But the purple ones are sweeter and have more flavor in my experience.

stupid anglo
cactuses' fruits are great

Maybe your immune system thinks things that look like cactus pollen are deadly invaders?

>stupid anglo
>implying only anglos dont like shitty cactus fruit

Cactus fruits suck ass, get some real fruit you coked up timber nigger.

Honey/Ataulfo mangoes are better, try to get these if you can. They have less fibers.

That teardrop shape is so pleasing. I might have to plant those myself.

my ninja!! I love some honey mangoes!

I want to touch those bulbs

Haha those fruits are pretty common in my country and i feel the same as you
Never tried eating it with anything else like you do, though

Funny, it's the same shape as my shits

Persimmons were a disappointment for me.

I like them, they've got a great texture, but for the price they're definitely a bit disappointing.

wait a sec

is that what Steenee/Tsareena are based on?

Closer to a crisp, but not sweet apple or pear. Someone should have told you to temper expectations.

They're delicious. You just have to wait until they're a bit past ripe.

Yep! They also make a fucking delicious herbal tea.

>mangosteens
Patrician taste

Get the yellow ones, they're delicious and very sweet. I've had the red ones and found them pretty bland.

The Chinese told me that white people prefer the pink ones because they're sweeter.

I don't like the short crispy ones. Try a tall persimmon. Wait until it's super soft. It won't blow you away, but it's enjoyable.

More recent pocket monsters aren't monster enough. They should be more pocket kaiju and less pocket waifu.

>Why is this thing so disappointing?
Because your expectations did not match the reality.

>White people preferring things with more flavor

I had some golden ones in Hawaii that were miles better than any of the white dragonfruit I have tried.

>White people think sweet is a flavour

Lel.

Your mistake was buying the white-fleshed ones. Bland as anything. If you can find the red-fleshed dragonfruit, they're worth the buy, sweet and a little tart and delicious.