Lard on toast

Is this actually good or just a slavic meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lardo_di_Colonnata
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lardo_di_Colonnata
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No it's actually very good

I've only tried avocado on toast, but that looks disgusting.

Avocado on toast is disgusting, not lard, HOLY SHIT.

Grow up you 21th century faggot.

is this a serious thread? do you not have the mental capacity to conclude that it would taste like bacon fat and toasted bread. obviously it would taste good if you like that combinaition

like how fucking retarded are you? do you wear velcro shoes? jesus fuck what is your problem?

It's fuggen delicious of the lard has some meaty bits, not just white goo like Even better with sour cucumbers.

I fucking love this shit. If I make bacon in the morning, I always saute some onions in the fat remaining in the pan afterwards and pour it all into a container, letting is solidify in the fridge to smear on bread later.

Fucking godly.

You're talking trash about lardo di Colonnata, are you aware?

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lardo_di_Colonnata
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lardo_di_Colonnata

Animal fat on toast is disgusting, not fruit. This isn't the 18th century, where people harvested and used animal fat to survive, this is the current year of the 21st fucking century. No wonder you people are so fat and retarded, you included

Fuck off pathetic libtard. Avocado on bread is pure shit. I would accept other types of fruit, but avocado is an incredible nasty meme.

I'm a centrist, but nice try. I'm just accepting of logic, reason, and science, such as avocado being a better food than animal fat because it's greener and has no cholesterol.

Enjoy the triglycerides, troglodyte.

Wew lads! If you have never tried some slavic lard or some lardo di Colonnata you're just missing out a great experience. I'm not here to tell you that you should eat that every day, but at least give it a try.
>tfw he'll reply with another rush of meme arguments about triglycerides because he feels inwardly bad and inferior for not having tried a globally recognised delight

>le cholesterol meme
Time for bed grandma

I bet you don't eat beef or pork pate either, you lib cuck.

Fresh guacamole made with a cold avocado is awesome on a piece of toast and you only hate it because you live in some fantasy world where all food is a political statement and only certain people like certain things. Every anti-avocado post in this thread has some ridiculous sounding political slur in it. Anyone using phrases like "libtard" or "cuckservative" needs to be gassed or at least banned.

>21th

They're both good. It's not a contest.

Shut your mouth gay faggot ass

Didn't everyone put lard on toasts in the past, especially rural populations?

I think Slavs are just more traditional because commies froze time for half a century.

calm down

Can we not turn this thread into yet another pointless sociopolitical argument? This is a COOKING board.

can confirm, germans do that, too. so do polish people. as do at least some of the finns I've met

Is it still good if you just use pure white lard from a tub?

guac =/= avocado
guac on toast is great but 'fresh avocado' on toast is nasty as shit

this
guac i can understand, but avocado on its own on toast is just gross
it works in a salad but not alone on toast. bleh

Why is there that big a difference?

guac has stuff added to it

You cunts always have the worst historical knowledge, fuck off please you're triggering my assburgers

>what's the difference between tomatoes and ketchup

>pig
It's haram. So either way its bad

It was quite common among the rural populations of the US in the 18th through the first half of the 20th century. Often biscuits, which were made with lard, were the bread.

I'm from NZ and I eat 'dripping on toast'

not sure it's common though. my grandfather taught me it, said he grew up extremely poor ad got a choice of jam or dripping sadwiches for breakfast and lunch, ad he would pick dripping because he loved the idea of fucking his own mother using molten lamb fat as lube for his cock in her mushy pea hole

It is actually good, as long as you eat it in moderation. add plenty of garlic and drink a shot of vodka with it.

>Is this actually good or just a slavic meme?

Normally "lard" refers to refined pig's fat. It's mostly flavorless, that sounds pretty disgusting.

OTOH if you have the reserved drippings from a roast (of any kind--pork, beef, poultry, etc.) then that stuff is very flavorful and is goddamn delicious on toast.

Vodka must be freezing cold

>lard
>rustic bread
>gherkins

If you eat this, you can drink as much vodka/slivovica as you want and the next day you're gonna be allright.

What the fuck new zealand

Dad's neighbours when he was a kid were these old German people, and they saved up their bacon fat and spread that on their toast instead of butter. Sounds tasty as fuck.

How to do it right:
Buy the right piece of Salo. Like the one on the picture, with the line of pink meat. Bring it home and throw it to the freezer.
Take some of your best potatoes, wash it, and throw it to the owen. Number of potatoes = how many of them you want to eat +1.
Go to the living room and watch your telly.
In about 2 hours you will hear the explosion in kitchen. One of potatoes blew up. Turn off the owen, take out potatoes, put them in large bowl. Collect the bits of the last one. Put them also on plate. Dinner is ready.
Take the deep frozen Salo out of fridge. Slice it to thin curly frozen slices. Peel garlic. Peel onion. Slice black bread. Wash tomato. Open pickles. Put the small pile of salt on the side of your dish. Break hot potatoe in halfs with bare hands. Let whe hot steam go out. Dip it in the salt. Put pieces of hot potatoe in mouth. Bite deeply frozen Salo with the black bread. (never ever ever try Salo without bread). Bite piece of garlic. Bite tomatoe. Bite anything you want. Drink shot of honeypepper horilka. Repeat.
This is how you do not to become an Islamic terrorist.

Should use bone marrow, its heavenly

I can't really get behind lard since it's just fat (I'd rather have butter), but bone marrow is the shit.

hottt
Not a big fan of vodka, but it seems like it'd be a good pairing with pig fat.
This sounds like a delicacy.

can confirm

i work at a brunch restaurant and they let me keep all the bacon fat whenever i'm in (and we go through A LOT of bacon)

however don't overdo it. it's not as appetizing as you'd think and just tastes gross. less is more -- at least in this case

go back to le rebbit you fucking faggot

calm down

what even triggered that

You are using rebbit language. You've been spotted. You must leave now.

i guarantee i've been here longer than you

Go ahead

'06 famalam
and also old enough to realize a website doesn't own a particular typing style :^)

not typing style you fucking faggot. it's the words and phrases you are using.

Why are you choosing to be so upset over nothing? That's some next-level tryhardery; your age is showing.

"reddit" and "kys" posters think they're making Veeky Forums better but they can't see they're just low effort funposters. i'm not sure what to do about them.

I don't really know what to do either tbqhwy fampai. The best thing to do is just ignore them, I think, or point out that they're too young to be here. They're like the gb2gaia posters of auld but in much higher numbers and seemingly much angrier.

>I've been here since 2015 and am taking it upon myself to fix the culture

been browsing since Veeky Forums was less than a year old, friend

A real patrician would be eating a peanut butter and butter sandwich.

why tho