Is blindness a cheatcode to get infinite literary talent?

Is blindness a cheatcode to get infinite literary talent?

What other blind authors are there besides Milton and Borges and Homer?

Granted, those three are big fucking deals, but it's still only three.

nope
t. guy who put battery acid in his eyes to write better horror

Can someone explain to me why Borges is considered pomo

Borges is arguably the great bridge between modernism and post-modernism in world literature. He is modernist in that his fiction shows a first-rate human mind stripped of all foundations in religious or ideological certainty -- a mind turned thus wholly in on itself.*** His stories are inbent and hermetic, with the oblique terror of a game whose rules are unknown and its stakes everything.

***Labyrinths, mirrors, dreams, doubles -- so many of the elements that appear over and over in Borges's fiction are symbols of the psyche turned inward.

Then why isn't he considered just modern?

I think the point is that he is a modernist, but his writing paved the way for postmodernism.

You can't deny that magical realism, which draws from Borges' inspiration, is heavily postmodern.

Borges is both pre-modern and post-modern, but not modern.

Ah, I get it now, thanks

this man
in my country, he is everything

>literally writes hundreds of short stories that are basically fake essays about imaginary books, nations and historical characters

>why is borges considered pomo????

You don't get more META than that.

Aesop

he was so damn photogenic for a blind man

I wish I had this one in higher resolution.

he is ugly as fuck, but he swag

you take that back

nigga looks like an old potato get out o'here

delete this

Fun Borges Fact: he lost his anal virginity but never did anything else, sexually.

i'll never understand the "friendship" between borges and sabato

>[citation needed]

You will never meet him.

What is so hard to understand?

>c+f Joyce
>find nothing

Granted, he was going only going blind, but I'd still count it.

after reading two pages of Ficciones in its native language

more like BORE-ges

absolutely

totally

yes

stick forks in your eyes and you will be gebnius too

lmao

Who makes those drawings?

anons

Pierre Menard, Author of the Quixote is a superficial answer, but it is one among other things that makes him hover above that denomination. A lot of self analysis and doubting, a certain degree of helplessness, cyclical narratives. and fucking magic bro.

Lots of free time, I guess.

>Pierre Menard, Author of the Quixote
I was too dumb to understand that one

I don't know, it worked for Beethoven, you should try

He wasn't even fucking blind.

A dude re-writes the Quixote word for fucking word and calls it his own and claims it as his original work because it was written in a different world than Cervantes's and the entire story was presented as a real review of the work, as matter of fact,a trait that a lot of his stories have. Interpretation is a big theme. So even as you read it and try to interpret you're participating in the narrative.

>tfw too dumb too even understand user's explination
Thanks for trying anyways

I was going to say that I was going to roast you for using the same reasoning as DFW but that as I myself had done that before being aware of his (DFW's) having come up with same, I would give you a free pass... Good thing the familiarity hit home before I made a fool of myself.

This reads like a reference to pierre menard.