Can we have a watermelon appreciation thread?

Is there a better fruit/vegetable than watermelon?
I don't think so.

Kiwi and plums are my favorite fruit. Watermelon is very good too though.

Green apples. but they hurt my teeth now so maybe watermelon.

King of summertime fruits imo. Peaches get an honorable mention.

It's by far the best summer fruit, but middling in other seasons

Ugh. I hate watermelons. They remind me of the man my wife cheated on me with. Thankfully it's over though.

Personally I gotta go cantaloupe.

Haters can hate.

Is it possible to grow them in moderate climate? I remember when I was a kid we grew them from normal seeds, and they were melon sized and not really tasty. But is it possible to grow them to be good? Maybe using a greenhouse (but then again they probalby wouldn't get enough sun)?

I have a blender that goes to 11 (couldn't be any more powerful on 120v 15a) so I can make whole watermelon "juice" if I don't want to mess around with eating it. Also a good way to drink my daily chia.

>Not making watermelon gazpacho

Do you even chef?

I can't stand them, personally, especially their smell.

>not watermelon aqua fresca
Is like you don't even Chef John.

>strain
no thx
My blender obliterates that shit so I don't need to. Even cherries + water leaves no pulp.

Some fruits do spike blood sugar more when blundered instead of swallowed with intact fiber.

I like a watermelon, I really do. I've got to go honeydew as top melon though.

Can you eat too much watermelon? Like to the point where you become hyperkalemic? I'm asking this because I can eat a whole half of a watermelon.

Watermelon is my favorite fruit and definitely in my top 10 foods of all time. I love watermelon.

Anybody tried watermelon infused vodka? Is it gross as it sounds?

I'm a black male and I don't understand the hype behind watermelon. It tastes of juicy nothingness.My dad suggested I put salt on it.

Can you guys recommend me some good things to do with watermelon besides adding vodka?

A little too sweet for my taste, but good in small amounts. It's best when left to chill in a cool mountain stream or other body of cold water for a few hours before you cut it open.

Ironically, I'm the whitest person I know, and I freaking love watermelon, fried chicken and grape juice.
Anyway, you can make smoothies/slushies, "lemonade", ice cream, sorbet, ice pops and some people make gazpacho from it. It's great because it has so much water, so it's great for frozen deserts.

>I'm asking this because I can eat a whole half of a watermelon.

That's not surprising I mean the thing is basically all water. I'm sure if you were fucking starving you could finish a whole one.

doesn't really sound gross though does it? I mean vodka always pairs well with fruit juice.

honestly the watermelon and fried chicken thing is the dumbest stereotype. who in the fuck doesn't like watermelon, chicken, waffles and soul food?

black people really do fucking love kool-aid though. I went to a school that was probably 90% black and 9% bosnian, saw so many black kids bring just the grape kool-aid mix in a zip-loc bag, lick their fingers and use it as a fun dip sorta thing.

perforate the melon, add lemon juice. holy fuggggg

Its refreshing but the texture is very one note and its not versatile

chicken and waffles is weird as fuck and will never not be weird as fuck. I am still not convinced that this whole thing isn't an overly elaborate april fools joke

>90% black and 9% bosnian
Where the fuck did you grow up?

Liberty City

Were Bosnian kids weird? What did they eat?

IT'S TIME TO NIGGER IT UP, BOYS!

Don't kid yourself, white people don't murder each other for fried chicken

>Don't kid yourself, white people don't murder each other for fried chicken

Fried chicken? Niggers in chicago are shooting niggers for looking at them wrong.

We litteraly have nike sneaker roberies in fucking Chicago, like every day.

If you think niggers need a reason to shoot each other, then you're a fucking sheltered snowflake white fuck and need to get out once in a while...

>Fried chicken? Niggers in chicago are shooting niggers for looking at them wrong.
>We litteraly have nike sneaker roberies in fucking Chicago, like every day.

Chicago is quickly becoming Detroit 2.0... niggers are openly shooting each other in Ashburn & Burnside... like a 1980's gang movie.

All the white people are fleeing the city and the State of Illinois is bankrupt. Get out while you still can, senpai.

Kek what bout kfc?

The city's ours, white boi.

I-is th-that real?

mangosteen

watching this thread slowly change from an innocent fruit thread to a /pol/ gathering area

:(

I don't understand the hype either. The only sweetness I like on chicken is from BQ sauce.
Here in New Orleans there's actually a restaurant called Chicken and Watermelon. I hate melon too, but the restaurant picks the "sweeter" watermelon from local places. I still hate watermelon but it does have a taste.

>Fried chicken? Niggers in chicago are shooting niggers for looking at them wrong.
It definitely isn't a 'honor culture' which developed in the face of decades of racism and hatred towards niggers.

Crisp cherries.