What the fuck.. How on earth am I supposed to understand such abstract English with so many big words?

What the fuck.. How on earth am I supposed to understand such abstract English with so many big words?

Please tell me there is a way to build up to understand this book and that I'm not mentally retarded.

English isn't my first language.

Read a dictionary.

Read it in your native language. Duh.

Alternatively, you can try the Gregory Hays translation. It's very straightforward desu.

Should I memorize all of it when I'm already at it?

There isn't a translation in my native language. Might check out Gregory's version though, thanks.

>There isn't a translation in my native language.
Of course there is.

Start with the Greeks, then resume with the Romans.

Try another translation. Both Hays and Hicks are simple, straightforward and a pleasure to read. If it doesn't help try necking yourself.

A child could read this and understand it you retard

Hays is the go to translation

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Hays oversimplifies things to the point where passages radically change meaning from their Latin originals. Original subjects might be preserved, but the observations are shifted in another direction, and sometimes it results in vague phrasings that offer a lesser grasp on things than the original.

I've currently been editing a google doc of this thing arranged in an easy flowing manner according to theme. If there's enough interest, I'd be glad to load it up when I'm done

>Latin originals
It was written in Koine Greek.

>I'd be glad to load it up when I'm done
post it please

Kill yourself brainlet.

It's hard? Post an excerpt

It's about as legible as the Bible, which pretty much anyone can read. OP's just a pseud retard.

I'm in the process of reading it right now as well OP. I am finding it really concise and straight forward so far... I have no idea what you're on about.

You reading the Hays translation? Because you should be reading Hays

Start with the Phenomenology of Spirit and everything else will be a walk in the park.

I read on kindle, there you can underline words and translate it, define it, or search it on wikipedia. It's pretty helpful, and useful too since English isn't my first language neither desu.

>there isn't
What shitty "language" do you speak?

>There isn't a translation in my native language.

How the fuck is that possible, Meditations has been translated to every language.