Have time of work and want to try Absinthe

Have time of work and want to try Absinthe,
Recommendations, instructions, brands?
>Lucid Absinthe Superieure
>Dillon Small Batch Absinthe
>Hill's Genuine Absinthe
I can get these...

Other urls found in this thread:

originalabsinthe.com/absinthe-liquor-absinth-king-spirits-gold-p-56.html?osCsid=hjfdrbcrdpbvuqs0prv75ssqt1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you like black licorice? Because if you don't, you won't like absinthe.

Absinthe is just nasty tasting high-proof alcohol with a weird ritual.
Dump some everclear into a punch bowl, you'll have more fun.

>Absinthe

Just asking,

It also contains thujole if you don't live in Freedomland

I don't have lot of experience with the stuff, but I neve bothered with the sugar ritual. Just took a shot of it straight, kicks like a mule but I kind of liked the taste. Can't remember the brand off the top of my head, maybe Absente?

I've never had licorice before, but I loved absinthe.

It's actually not. Sure, if you drink absinthe straight, it's not the best. Done properly, it is great, though.

That about does it. I normally drink bottom shelf whiskeys and beers, but I really enjoy a bottle of absinthe a few times a year. The flavor is great when you louch it. (aside: make sure your water is ICE cold out of the freezer for that process you posted. It gives the best results). In addition, I have actually found that absinthe gives you a different drunk. As a seasoned alcoholic, I found myself VERY clear-headed, focused, and in the zone when I spent a night killing a bottle of absinthe. And I remembered it all way past my normal blackout point. My next bottle of absinthe is going to be real Czech stuff with the MUCH higher thujone content.

As for brands - There's a common brand called Grand Absente, which is US legal, that I've found to be among the best balance of price, taste, and effect, of the legal stuff.

Shots of absinthe are garbage, and that explains why you had a bad experience. The sugar and ice-cold water ritual really is a must to get the most out of your absinthe. And don't think of it as "watering down". Think of it like you have a fifth of something that is just condensed, and should be enjoyed at a much higher volume mixed with water.

Bad experience? I said I liked it.

You would probably enjoy black licorice then, the flavors are very similar. It's one of my favorite candies.

You'd have to consume well over a lethal amount for thujoles effects to be noticeable.
The green fairy is literally a way for old-timey alcoholics to say "I was inspired!" and not "I was totally shitfaced for three months'

Which of the three I posted can get is the best to try ?

Sorry, I mis-read your post. At the end of my nightly whiskey binge. I'm both of those posts. Maybe I'll have to try licorice. I highly recommend picking up a bottle of absinthe, and going through the ice-water and sugar preparation. Make it your sole drink for the night, and really focus on it. Your drunk will be markedly different.

it doesn't matter if it contains "thujole" (thujone), thujone doesn't do anything. it isn't psychoactive.

the whole mystique surrounding absinthe? a bunch of 19th century heroin addicts pretending it was making them hallucinate. No, idiots, the fucking opium combined with being drunk off your ass was making you hallucinate.

it's disgusting liquor. Nothing more, nothing else.

Second from the right has done well by me. That said, the best option is to splurge and import the Czech stuff. I'm planning to do so this summer.

originalabsinthe.com/absinthe-liquor-absinth-king-spirits-gold-p-56.html?osCsid=hjfdrbcrdpbvuqs0prv75ssqt1

Thujone doesn't do anything look it up. it's been confirmed basically non-psychoactive by modern science.

you're a high schooler getting drunk off non alcoholic beer. buy yourself a bottle of 18 year scotch you fuckin dolt.

Thujone is, at the least, a confirmed GABA-a antagonist, meaning it acts as a solid stimulant.

>hurrr muh highschooler

23 year old drunkard/alcoholic, depending on your definition.

Don't get me wrong, I don't sit around drinking absinthe every week. It's a nice experience once or twice a year. I normally stick to Old Crow.

Thanks but I think I can only get the the i listed in FP

>meaning it acts as a solid stimulant.

that's not what a GABA-a antagonist means but it's nice that you checked the wikipedia article. Antagonism of inhibitory systems is not the same thing as a "stimulant".

Absinthe is literal fedora shit, a product that is taking advantage of you chasing a mystique that has been debunked. They were hallucinating off opium. It's nasty liquer. Buy yourself a bottle of Bullitt for 35 dollars instead. Or do you really even want good liquor?

You seem to be quite angry towards an apertif

I'm angry toward people buying trash products in pursuit of ignorance.

Buy yourself a bottle of something nice, stop chasing something that you consider an aspect of your personality ("I drink absinthe sometimes yes i'm quite sophisticated and weird and out there") it's garbage. The proudct takes advantage of ignorance to sell.

>BUY THE CZECH SHIT IT HAS ALL THIS THUJONE IN IT!!
awesome, if you drink 16 bottles maybe you'll go into convulsions, since that's what significant GABA-a receptor antagonism would do

You seem really fucking buttmad that I spend a WHOLE 60 dollars a couple times a year and thoroughly enjoy its flavor, and the effect that I at least perceive it having.

Tell mom to up your allowance so you don't get mad about peoples' spending habits on the internet. Faggot.

forget it dude, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink

even your dubs don't have that power

Um I can get my hands on only these three ,which would you suggest for a first timer???
>Lucid Absinthe Superieure
>Dillon Small Batch Absinthe
>Hill's Genuine Absinthe

>"I drink absinthe sometimes yes i'm quite sophisticated and weird and out there"
lmao literally most people in this thread

Absinthe is a meme
I guess there are people out there that actually enjoy it, I mean there are people out there that actually enjoy eating shit, but I dont get it.
I have very broad tastes and a home bar with. >50 bottles of liquor, only ever use absinthe as a rinse or dash in cocktails, shit is wack

Lucid seemed okay to me, but I'm not a connoisseur by any means.

Bunch of assblasted autists ITT
For me, I just like the taste of the stuff and the history behind it, regardless of the fact that all that hallucination shit is bunk, is interesting. But I mostly enjoy it for the taste. If it tasted like shit to me I wouldn't bother.
Some of you need to do pic related

Nobody asked how you feel, it is not all about you

yet he's the only one not acting autistic. See if you can learn from that.

Lucid is unfortunately quite shit. I don't know of the other two but pick the one that looks more serious.

From that pic you may trip a bit of balls from Libertine. It's quite high thujone if I recall.

Nasty, nasty stuff. Not because of the alcohol content (I will happily swig neat rum), but because of the taste.
I fucking HATE aniseed. Absinthe is like drinking Listerine.

Not true, I hate licorice but I love absinthe

>Nobody asked how you feel, it is not all about you
nobody asked you for your opinion on his post

Nobody asked for your opinion on his opinion on the post, either, pal

Pair of faggots right here.

No, I don't like black licorice.

opium doesn't make you hallucinate

I read somewhere it might have been lead posioning

probably just faggot hipsters making shit up

either way absinthe is disgusting

>I read somewhere it might have been lead posioning

...or....you know....the fact that they were drinking a lot of strong booze?

>a bunch of 19th century heroin addicts pretending it was making them hallucinate.

To be fair, a lot of them were suffering from various esoteric poisons and toxins thanks to illegal bathtub absinthe dyed with God knows what.

50/50 with bourbon is best way

I like it in cocktails, and not as the main feature. Otherwise I think it is as fucking disgusting as Jägermeister.

Nobody asked you, double-faggot

Is absinthe any good in cocktails?

Sazerac

That looks real fucking good desu

It actually doesnt, that looks like a warm cocktail with a stupid garnish that will fall on the floor when you have the first sip

Why is everyone so fucking homosuck

Um ok
Green Derby Cocktail

8 leaves fresh basil
2 pieces grapefruit peel
1 TBS turbinado sugar
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. Absinthe
2 oz. Bourbon
Ice
Tonic water

Anyone else make their own infusions? I've been infusing wormwood for a short while now. Gin is my favorite, it makes it taste extra dry and the clear drink feeling is nice. Got a bottle of tequila infusing that in gonna crack open in about a week.

Marilyn Manson's "Mansinthe" is unironically pretty great for $60. Found it at Total Wine. For that price you can also get Vieux Carre, which is distilled in Pennsylvania.

Absinthe is legal in the USA now you dumbass European shitposters. Yes, it contains thujone, too, unless it's a gay brand like Lucid. Not that it matters anyway since by the time you've drunken enough absinthe to hallucinate you're already dead from alcohol poisoning.

You don't hallucinate on absinthe, it's just a really clear headed sometimes giggly drunk. Same as tv and movies will tell you that weed makes you see so many colors man woah dude

>love liquorice/anise things my whole life
>get to be of drinking age
>can't wait to try absinthe
>realize price is artificially inflated by fedora tippers who jerk off to the Baz Luhrmann Great Gatsby and that buying it will associate me with them
>drink pic related instead
>life is good

just buy a bag of wormwood and infuse it yourself. It's like $10 for a 4 ounce bag.