Are we still in the postmodern era? What comes after postmodernism?

Are we still in the postmodern era? What comes after postmodernism?

Other urls found in this thread:

truemonism.com/wp/summary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pure reaction.

Marxist utopia

New Sincerity

Post particularism

>trying to define the movement you're in
>trying to define the movement that comes
these things cannot be done reliably.
My guess is that artful videogames will challenge to concept of a ludonarrative and nonlinearity and people will try to translate those ideas in other forms.
I know i am.

It'll be named after the leader of the movement.

Did anybody except David Foster Wallace care enough about perceived flaws in postmodernism to consciously reject it in favor of new sincerity?

Joyce predicted and mastered it and rejected it with FW

I really doubt mainstream video games are going to progress past "c quality cgi movie with shooty bits" anytime soon. The only games that actually take advantage of the medium in a meaningful way are too unapproachable/time consuming for the average person

Yes, surely CK3 will be the paradigm shift that will bring about the new age

>video games were still progressing in the early 2000s
>then horse armor happened

"Mimetic Hyper-Modernism."

Tao Lin

No. Everyone who has wrongly been associated with it (i.e. Zadie Smith and David Eggers) are more ironic and cynical and empty than the postmodernists were, except the postmodernists occasionally published books that weren't excerpts from their diaries.

The Second Stone Age

Disaster and techno-utopia.

In the dystopian parts, survival and myth.

In the intact parts, guilt, anxiety and romance.

In other words business as usual.

>artful videogames

Video games are about as commercial a medium as you can get, and the indie scene is going absolutely nowhere.

Current year.

>people don't buy art
Didn't Tolkien make a fortune?

You can't buy art if not is being produced

traditionalism

Postmodernists should never have opened Pandora's box.

We can't go back to value now.

No, his estate did. He became somewhat wealthy though.

God.

Is there a Veeky Forums version of this?

You mean by writing absolute nonsense for 1000 pages?

Burroughs and Warhol...add Pollack into that mix and you effectively have the most useless men in the history of society.

I think everything is going to be postmodern for a long time.

it's pronounced "meme-attic"

Absolutism.

>Civilizational progress is identical to suppression of the left.

Whatever today's "intellectuals" call themselves in reaction to postmodernism

this

Postmetaphysicalism. I'm working on it now. It's like Heidegger but without the German, written in American English.

True monism
truemonism.com/wp/summary/

>the things I don't understand must be nonsense
>I am clever still, I swear I am clever!

>except the postmodernists occasionally published books that weren't excerpts from their diaries.
ZS&DE BTFO

>"ZS", "DE"
kys

MM, K7, and Heavy Rain?

>no EYE
Divine Cybermancy is the only vidya that has approached the true meaning of art.

Silent Hill 2, not Heavy Rain

It is or will be a renewed sincerity, though. The only possible reaction to the extreme cynicsm of postmodernism is a complete rejection of it in favour of sincerity. We might not be there yet, but it's coming. I personally feel you can see the signs of it in the pop culture coming out of people in their late twenties, who grew up drenched in postmodernism and its by-products. It's hardly Veeky Forums, but contrast an early episode of The Simpsons against one of the new cartoons, like Adventure Time or Steven Universe. There's no denying that the former is cynical to its core, while the latter approach their content with a conscious, and almost forced, naïveté. Perhaps literature from people of the same age, the 20-25 year olds, is slower to change because they're aping the postmodernist greats, or because academia is slower to embrace change.

Does Veeky Forums as a whole actually suddenly care about Tao Lin or is it the same guy constantly shilling in every thread?

post-post modernism. its actually just modernism with the illusion of post-modernism which is like a double irony that is sinscere in message but at first acts as an illusory mask to make itself seem ironic in an attempt to reject vain and doubly-vain post-modernism.

+1

Personally I think we'll recreate our own new Romantics. But in a different way.

Bernieism?

I think I posted the most recent Taipei thread and I'm not the guy you're replying to so it's at least two.

What are some masters of New Sincerity? All I got is Lil B, Reviewbrah and Knausgaard.

why does new sincerity feel that in order to be sincere, you have to make watered down simplistic drivel?

"Modern Barbarism"

>It's hardly Veeky Forums, but contrast an early episode of The Simpsons against one of the new cartoons, like Adventure Time or Steven Universe. There's no denying that the former is cynical to its core, while the latter approach their content with a conscious, and almost forced, naïveté.
I mean it's probably relevant that one is for adults and the others are for children. Also early Simpsons did have some pretty genuine feelsy moments.

The Alt-Right

you should add several people there

i mean several artists should be added
as idiotic as this spectrum is its completely outdated
one of must additions would be people like bourriaud and steven wright aswell as many many visual artists

Can you explain what you ment with it please?

It's literally Tao Lin. He posts here.

in context of your pic
modernism - self praise
post-modernism - stealthy self praise
nu-modernism - self-praise done ironically but not really

applies across the board.