Religion is the only way to overcome the inherent suffering that comes with existence

Religion is the only way to overcome the inherent suffering that comes with existence.

Prove me wrong.

He who has Science and has Art,
Religion, too, has he;
Who has not Science, has not Art,
Let him religious be!

The 'inherent suffering' actually comes from specific forms of society and is in no way existential.

>tfw the Leibniz Cosmological Argument is too stronk
If you aren't at least a theist you're a certified brainlet

Religious people still suffer, not more or less than atheists or agnostics.
Now go back to praying for some wisdom.

No, nigga. If you make a claim, it falls on you to give us the proof.

Rest assured, you'll still suffer

>Religion is the only way to overcome the inherent suffering that comes with existence.
WRONG

For maybe the world it is, but Europe is slowly but steadily entering a post-religious phase and into the age of ideology

I am aware that some religions are very persistant even in Europe however

To win the struggle or to lose. That is what op is talking about. If not, he should be.

Religion helps to cope with it however

So do drugs, TV, eating, and any other hedonistic activities. But all of them are temporary, fake, and superficial. No solid solutions.

I don't think I agree, but would need to look something up first

Don't reduce religion to a petty fix for your hedonistic existential angst.Religion(i am speaking about the abrahamic ones) don't exactly seal the deal either ,as there lies doubt.

Not all religion gives that much importance to "muh inherent suffering" . However it's a great way to get rid off your autistic materialistic hedonism .

>as there lies doubt
Christ teaches us that without doubt, our words become reality. Egregore.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts

You guys are both wrong. Religion is not meant for coping and it's wrong to use it as such. Religion is a tool to orient one's self in the universe and give a sense of direction when steering one's destiny. Religion should be harsh and it should demand you to be a better person. God does love us, but he isn't here to make us feel better about ourselves.

You seem to have a theological view of it. I don't think you would like it but I have a more scientific view.
I said I need to look up things, but am reading something, so don't think I will.

The book "Big gods" claims that religion helps to create trust and cooperation, but what I was looking for was religion as a coping mechanism for the poor and for that I would have to look for some kind of source.

And not all the religions act the same

>implying God exists

That's why I build structures for Zeus to make sure he still makes light appear in the sky each day so I can see!
And cus I live on the coast I slit a goat's throat on a shoreline rock and pray while the blood seeps into the sea to ensure Neptune keeps the ocean where it is!

It's working so far :)

>Religion blah blah blah
Read a book m8

Define religion

As if religious people don't suffer existential weight. It is all in the end a form of coping. Of those there are many.