Knife thread

Rate my knife collection

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Olye1M0AwV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

doesnt make the cut

Nice reddit comment

No wusthof/10

Why so much overlap, user? It seems like most of those knives are functionally the same.

Redundancy/10

>doesn't just have one knife for everything

How do you like the Tadafusa? Those guys are really well priced.

Show us your edge maintenance gear?

Bin/10

Just realized these are basically the /gear/ threads of Veeky Forums
Equally shit and useless

But sure, nice collection
If the whole point of it is to show to guests and strangers in Veeky Forums, I'd work a bit more on presentation at least, better lighting, order them in some meaningful way that would make people think you actually use them

shouldn't you be autistically talking about movies you haven't seen

Are you that aspie who got a job at Edible Arrangements after creeping out other employers with your knife obsession?

Oh my goodness wait a second what is going on with the front end of that Tadafusa nakiri. Are those a bunch of micro chips? Yikes man.

It's not a Nakiri.

?

1000/6000 whetstone
ceramic rod
stopping paste
leather strop
flattening stone

So many destroyed edges.

Don't roll your wrist when you're sharpening or you end up with 3 edges.

Closer shot without yellow towel

no go cute daikon.

Can Veeky Forums recommend a good boning knife? It's the only thing really missing from my collection.

Boning knives aren't about the brand, they're about the user. Watch the japanese, or Ramsey to show you the right flection against the spine. They nail it every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Olye1M0AwV4

Depends what kind of boning you're doing... and your budget. for beef lamb and some chicken and a bit on the pricier side, go with the shun Honesuki. For chicken and fish and decent price point i'd recommend the wusthof pro 6 inch

I got a Sharper Image stainless steel 8" chef knife from Ross for $5. It's the only sharp knife at work and it's the only non-serrated blade there that can cut tomatoes so I'm pretty much the king in that kitchen

Last night I bought a Henckel from Target for $35 and I'm not taking that bad boy to work

Made quick work of some garlic and basil last night. I am pleased

I think my next purchase will be a 10"

Ya don't want anyone to fuck up your Henkel international 35$ piece of shit "bad boy"

nah, they can fuck up my $5 sharper image all they want

actually they bent the tip the day after I bought it

watched the manager cut straight on the stainless steel table with it

$35 is a lot of money when you work in hell

nice knifes Gabriel