Who was right?

Who was right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spurlock, he had production values at least

Man am I starving! Thanks for the burger man, could you pass the ketchup please?

Fathead obviously. The other guy is a con artist and vegan apologist who lied about his calorie intake. It also took that fat fuck a year or something to lose the weight he gained.

supersize me was retarded in retrospect. other anti food movies that are worth noting include food inc. vin diesel caught me off guard

This. There is a reason why Morgan Spurlock still, to this day, will not release his food logs for the project.

Tom Naughton has all of his food logs available from his Fat Head documentary available online, and is very transparent about them.

Man fat head really opened my eyes
Everyone is always lying 24/7 I shouldn't trust them without irrefutable proof
At least nowdays we have the internet to make a real big deal out of liars so everyone knows, shame people haven't caught up and politicians all over the world are trying to control it

What's the message of fat head? That fats are bad?

Everybody knows that fast food is bad you shouldn't need to watch some stupid documentary for that.

try reading a synopsis you retard.

>What's the message of fat head? That fats are bad?
The opposite.

The message is that most people are stupid like you

>lied about personal experiences for a "documentary"
>called out countless times
>refuses to provide any evidence to the contrary
>people still go apeshit and cite the film when arguing against fast food
>this is the reason people simply aren't allowed to order larger sized meals

I'm still mad.

I'm not looking up a shit documentary just to post in this thread.

If the message is that carbohydrates are bad it's a retarded message. Processed carbs in fast food sure but vegetables/fruits/legumes etc. are really healthy and should be in everyone's diet. There are inherent problems with high fat meals while there are none with high carb meals.

why are you in this thread

Was it autism?

>I haven't seen the movie, but I'm going to critique it anyway

OP asked about 2 documentaries and I'm answering. I guess you are just too stupid. Nice insults though.

So the final answer for OP is left is right about fast food being bad even though the data is useless from a scientific point and right is probably correct about processed carbs being bad (if it says all carbs are it's utterly wrong.

>OP asked about 2 documentaries and I'm answering
you didn't answer anything. you asked a question

Fuck you

How have a blog and invite everyone how disagree to post your point and evidences?
Pro tip: is not the crazy vegan

Go to bed, Boris.

And then answered accordingly. I can't answer about something I have no information on, can I? Are you literally retarded.

Anons getting defensive is always funny as hell.

>Are you literally retarded.
you seem to be

Forgetting to punctuate/capitalise now are we? Do you identify with fats and fast food are why are you so offended here.

supersize me led to mcdonalds Australia becoming pretty good shortly afterwards.

>Do you identify with fats and fast food are why are you
yep, you're retarded

Why are you answering without having seen the documentaries? Why do I have to explicitly ask this question when "why are you in this thread?" should have sufficed? Are you autistic?

What? I asked what the message was, got an answer and then told the user if it's correct or wrong. Like do you not understand this basic concept of communication?

I know Veeky Forums is retarded but I never knew Veeky Forums was this bad. It's even worse than I remember /b/ being back then.

Nice ad hominem.

"yes" would have worked too

>Nice ad hominem.
you tried to correct my grammar, and then fucked up your own. you called me retarded and then got mad at me for calling you retarded. you're retarded.

Super Size Me synopsis

>Documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock makes himself a test subject of this documentary about the commercial food industry. Rigorously eating a diet of McDonald's fast food, three times a day for a month straight. Spurlock is out to prove the physical and mental effects of consuming fast food. While doing this, Spurlock also provides a look at the food culture in America through it's schools, corporations, and politics as seen through the eyes of regular people and health advocates. "Super Size Me" is a movie that sheds a new light on what has become one of our nation's biggest health problems: obesity.

Fat Head synopsis

>A comedian replies to the "Super Size Me" crowd by losing weight on a fast-food diet (including plenty of double-cheeseburgers and fried chicken) while demonstrating that almost everything you think you know about the obesity "epidemic" and healthy eating is wrong.

You are by far the dumbest poster in the thread.

Cuck.

Nice ad hominem.

An ad hominem is saying "You're wrong because you're a cuck". I'm merely just calling you a,cuck. Also I'm glad you fixed your grammar after I called you out on it.

cuck.

So you have nothing concstructive to say, got it.

Well duh you can lose weight on a caloric deficit no matter what you eat. That's just thermodynamics. The Supersize Me guy ate a shit ton of food so of course he gained weight. That synopsis seems very stupid though, the hell are they putting epidemic into quotes like it's wrong. Look at the fucking data, like 30% are obese, it's a huge epidemic by basic definition.

Awh, now you're going back to no capitalization because I saw you fixed it.

You're adorable, hun!

this post is so stupid I bet you didn't even watch the movie

you seem triggered

You do realise that's not even me right? Ahahah this thread is fun.

Am I getting this much attention, this many insults and even an imposter because I said fast food is bad, is that what got you people rolling? I know there are always like 2 dozen fast food threads on Veeky Forums but I didn't know some of you actually believed it isn't unhealthy. Even Veeky Forums knows that and they take roids.

I can't even fathom how stupid you are. You're rambling on about a movie you clearly know nothing about.

Enlighten me oh wise user of Veeky Forums. What is the gist of Fat Head and is it right or wrong? Please answer OPs question because you clearly can.

No I can't. That's why I didn't come into the thread screaming my dumbass uninformed opinions without even reading the wiki article for two minutes.

>Tom Naughton

are you telling me that's not Bob Odenkirk

So you were just screaming your dumbass at me without even addressing any actual point I made? Figures.

>demonstrating that almost everything you think you know about the obesity "epidemic" and healthy eating is wrong.
Seems it's very pro fast food. I agreed with Supersize Me's message of fast food being shit (even if the movie is shit). And I bet I'm hella more informed about this entire topic than you. A "documentary" about one guy doing something doesn't even count as science.

I bet your irish stew sucks

cuck

You're missing the point so badly. Nobody is being pro fast food you mouth breathing retard. Please stop posting.

You're the kind of moron that walks in on a conversation and hears one sentence. Then decides to autistically screech your useless opinions that is barely even related to the conversation as a whole.

Yo this nigga CID. I know it.

super size me has been discredited in pretty much every fucking way possible

This is the worst Veeky Forums thread in a long time
Mods, please put it out of its misery

Never tried it but it looks pretty good.

>Rigorously eating a diet of McDonald's fast food. Spurlock is out to prove the physical and mental effects of consuming fast food.

>A comedian replies to the "Super Size Me" crowd by losing weight on a fast-food diet. [...] almost everything you think you know about the obesity "epidemic" and healthy eating is wrong

One documentary says fast food, specifically McDonalds, makes you fat and unhealthy, the other is a direct reply saying that's wrong.

Have you seen neither and are too retarded to read? I'm extremely impressed you managed to actually reply for so long with such idiocy. Well, you mainly called me names so I shouldn't be too impressed. Gonna stop replying to you, it's actually just getting sad now.

you haven't seen it so stop talking about it

So if I show you a huge and complicated math equation that says 1=4 at the end you are not allowed to say it's bullshit? I mean your basic logic is plain retarded here.

nice ad hominem, cuck.

>super size me has been discredited in pretty much every fucking way possible

Do all the dumb 'Merican millenials get their news & information from 'TV' or something? Don't they read and critically think at all?

Holy shit just kill yourself. Proving a documentary wrong is not pro fast food. Showing you can lose weight on fast food with a calorie deficit is not pro fast food.

There's like 5 guys trying to explain to you why the documentary is wrong...

don't be an ignorant Nigger and keep believing you're right when everybody knows you're wrong.

You're literally just nitpicking semantics at this point.

Both were extremely stupid attempts at understanding nutrition. Diet is 95% of weight management. And fastfood companies are to blame for obesity. But it's not because of the food itself. Our bodies are very robust and can handle almost any kind of food. High-carb, low-carb, high-fat, low fiber etc etc. Of course healthier food is better but in terms of weight loss it's not a big factor directly.

The real problem is insulin response. If you eat 3 times a day without snacking at all you're going to find it very hard to put on weight. Why? Because in those periods between the meals your insulin levels will drop and your glycogen reserves will be utilized. Both great things for insulin sensitivity. Both will keep your insulin levels normal. Insulin levels are the largest predictors of weight gain. If you don't believe me and want to adhere 100% to calories in calories out start injecting yourself with insulin and monitor your weight.

So where do the fast food companies come in? Firstly, their food is high in carbs and proteins with little fiber. Carbs and protein both produce an insulin response especially when they don't come with the antidote, fiber. Fat in fastfood was a problem but not in terms of weight-gain but arterial clogging (which is a big concern but not in terms of weight-gain). Second, they normalized grazing hand in hand with "health experts" who promoted the idea that 6 small meals a day are better than 3 filling meals. Essentially the idea that you're never supposed to feel hungry completely ruined our insulin levels. Now we have health companies promoting snacking on protein (using men's insecurity with their muscle mass) ensuring that your insulin levels never drop during the day.

The solution for obesity is simple but not easy. Eat only 3 meals a day. Eat foods that are high in satiety, i.e. fiber and some fat. No fake sugars until we know their effect on insulin. Enjoy the feeling of hunger instead of fighting it.

So, where do I watch Fat Head?

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs

>So, where do I watch Fat Head?
Try a mirror.

MOTHERFUCKING BURRRRRRRRRRRRN
wew

just rewatched super size me last night.
goddamn, he was really cucked back on the day, his wife always dominated him and force feed him with vegetarian bullshit by the end of the video

Bullshit

Why is it bullshit? Did I advise anything that goes against your current lifestyle?

>No fake sugars
Good fucking luck when all processed food in the US is drenched in high glucose corn syrup.
But hey, gotta keep all these farms going, right?

By fake sugars I meant the stuff in diet cokes etc. They have 0 calories but have also shown to trigger an insulin response. And a lot of people will have a diet coke or coffee with splenda as a snack.
The HFCS in stuff is obviously not good for you but the problem is with processed foods at large.

>Look at the fucking data, like 30% are obese, it's a huge epidemic by basic definition
An epidemic of people overeating, it has nothing to do with fast food.
You're painfully fucking retarded.

>it has nothing to do with fast food.
Yeah, cheap, convenient and FAST food has nothing to do with people overeating. Just like the opioid epidemic has nothing to do with pharmaceutical companies.

some good points but mostly penn and teller tier garbage
>muh freedumbs is an argument

>Food Inc.
Is that the one with Greg Kinnear and Bobby Canavale? Where they show the different perspectives from the different levels of the fast food industry?

Dear Xiang,

"How" and "who" are not the same words.

Sincerely,

Concerned user

Morgan Spurlock is a con artist who capitalized on the blaming fast food for everything meme. I tried to watch some of it objectively, but the first thing I saw was him overeating and then vomiting, but blaming it on McDonald's. If people were vomiting every time they ate McDonald's they would not stay in business. You can have the healthiest foods in front of you but if you eat too much, you'll vomit from that too.

If that's the synopsis of each, then they're both right because of CALORIE DENSITY.
youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg
Most fast food traffics in meat & dairy-heavy items with a refined/white flour carbohydrate pairing (hamburgers, hot-dogs, cold cuts, breaded items, pizza, refined pasta, tacos), often fried. So they selling extremely calorie dense food bereft of almost any fiber and with the water content driven off during extended cooking and frying in more fat (the most calorie-dense macro vs. protein or carbs). I didn't even mention the comb-pricing schemes they use which push the price of large sodas down to the level of water. It's extremely easy then, to overdraw your TDEE budget on even a single order at these places due to their menus and fast service/ubiquity.

This is a good post.

>And fastfood companies are to blame for obesity.

annnnndd stopped reading

rekery

Fat Head was correct. He wasn't after fame or money like the McDonald's faggot.

shut the fuck up

The message is just that at the end of the day, weight is a matter of calories in vs. calories out. Also Spurcuck is a faggot who most likely exaggerated all kinds of shit in his movie.

Fuck you user, you stupid fuck

i just had 3 up and goes and 17 trancettos, how does that fit in?

Jesus fucking christ not you again. Wasn't getting laughed out of Veeky Forums enough?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on these guys?

I know supersize me but who the fuck is the other guy

And here we see the zionist mind virus in its final stages

You get some stuff right, but there's some wrong that should be cleared up.

>Fat in fastfood was a problem but not in terms of weight-gain but arterial clogging
Higher unsaturated fat and saturated fat percentage intake for a given intake have no correlation with heart disease. In fact, eating more fat results in better HDL. And the relatively more dangerous LDL come from carbs, not fat. Transfats are bad though.

>Carbs and protein both produce an insulin response especially when they don't come with the antidote, fiber.
While protein does stimulate an insulin response, due to the relative lack of carbs, there will also be a glucagon response that cancels out insulin's effect of hindering glucose production in the liver.

You dumbass

>Lack of meat makes you lose muscle.
>Cuting carbs make you lose weight.
People still believe this?

>ask question
>get no answer
>give your opinion based on what you think the answer is
>get called a retard
>someone answers your question
>tell them they have nothing " concstructive"" to say

You lost me at this man. The guy answered your question, why are you still bitching?

I've never been on Veeky Forums, I could post a selfie to prove that Ive never lifted a day in my life. Different people can have similar opinions without it being a conspiracy to disabuse your notions specifically.

Well heart disease is shown to be related to animal products, which is why I suppose the notion of saturated fats being the culprit appears. I may be wrong though and it may be something else in animal products what causes cvd. High carb countries like China or the high carb and fat Mediterranean region had almost no cvd till their meat consumption went up.

As for protein and insulin as long as your insulin keeps spiking throughout the day you're going to gain weight. Insulin resistance of muscles, liver and brain are three different mechanisms. But then again most protein based snacks are refined protein + carbs anyway since protein alone doesn't sate anyone the point is moot. Just have some meat with a salad with olive oil and whole grain bread and you'll be fine though. Just know that gnawing on beef jerky instead of snickers isn't much better.

Im watching Fat Head right now and its starting to sound just as bullshit as Supersize Me.

>Ive never lifted a day in my life
I can tell.

So you're saying I could eat 50 calories of tic-tacs a day and still gain weight?
Brb getting job at natick labs and making gorillions with your idea.

It has been something around a decade since I last saw Supersize Me, but didn't he actually lose weight during the last weigh in?

You can gain weight easily on three meals a day insulin response is not the reason for our obesity epidemic. This is embarrassing to read and I hope for your sake that you copy pasted this rather than typed it.

ROCK AND ROLL MCDONALDS