Taco Bell AMA

Hello. I am a manager at a franchised Taco Bell. I will be here to answer any questions you have about Taco Bell, the food, the work experience, etc. If you would like to know how to order that weird nacho you've always wanted, or would like suggestions, I am here for that too!

Yes, this is what some of our training videos look like still.

Why do you only sell one brand of beer?

Least favorite food to make?

A 5 dollar cravings deal with mnt dew and no tomatoes please.

My store does not sell liquor. I have heard rumors that the Las Vegas one does, however.

Our employees sometimes put vodka in the freezes and get drunk but I don't think that's what you meant.

Double Stacked Tacos. Each tortilla needed steaming and it got to be relatively labor intensive when people would order 36 of them. People behind Mr. Double Stack will bitch they only had one item ought to have gotten their food faster.

Tomatoes are good for you. I find that people who don't like tomatoes or lettuce are the people that need it the most. I feel pity for your pleb taste.

So what's the consistency of the ground beef you use?

That's because tomatoes come prediced in white plastic boxes, and what we get from McLane is a gamble. I apologise. I really wish that the tomatoes were hand sliced like Wendy's, but alas.

Imagine something that's mostly ground beef but softer than pure ground beef, due to the fillers. It's also really salty. Its decent in spaghetti.

What's Taco Bell's secret to making those dank chicken quesadillas, and why are they 10/10 every time?

Its the sauce my dood

UK Taco Bell sells Sol but it's the only beer they stock.

My father's coworker once worked at Taco Bell.

He told a story that one time when he worked there, he was going to throw out some chicken that had gone bad (something was growing on it), and the manager told him to wash it with bleach and then water, and they ended up serving it.

How many corners do /you/ cut?

See I honestly do think it's the sauce. It's called creamy jalapeno sauce, and it's good on everything. Also we have a device called a "steamer" that you put things covered in cheese into. You press the button and it sprays steam on the food item to quickly melt the cheese.

Huh, I didn't know that. The USA has relatively strict alcohol laws. You can't serve liquor past a certain time in my state, and you must have a liquor license. Also I don't think you can serve it on Sundays. It would be a huge pain: wed have to fire all of our workers under 18, and get a liquor license.

Why are the Mexican pizzas so fucking good? The crunch of the shell is just really good. Like, better than other crunchies you serve.

Why?

I'm taking fucking notes here, thanks anons.

Texascuck detected.

Thanks for your thoughtful insight into the thread.

You're welcome, I sacrafice for you, big guy.

>implying there is anything wrong with the best state.

Man, that's a question!

I have never seen my store serve rotten food. Thank goodness. I think stories like that are rare. Also if you heard a rumor about a guy masturbating into our sour cream, it's bullshit and it's not possible to do.

I don't cut any big corners. I think the only major one I cut is frying cinnabons in the small basket instead of the large basket. Taco Bells usually have only one fryer, so real estate to fry things is limited. If we need potato bites and cinnabons I'll drop both in small pans instead of using the big ones, which we're not *supposed* to do. I cannot notice any difference in taste or texture between small and large basket cinnabons.

I once also have seen my store manager bag up empanadas with his bare hands. I scolded him for this.

I have seen people on other manager's shifts change their gloves without washing their hands first, or take money and not taking off their gloves, but I am really strict about that. Sometimes they also let the chalupas sit for a while until they get hard and serve them anyway but I'm careful to make sure that the food is fresh all night. If I see expired food I throw it away. I want to be proud of the food my shift serves.

This is probably because the pizza shells are fried in-store every morning. They use the same type of tortilla as the nacho chips. I like them too with extra beans. The tacos, tostata shells, and dorito tacos are fried off-site.

Nope, Ohio. You're probably in some gay flyover state. hehe this guy is a ja/ck/off :)

relevant, sorta. I was looking for the one about misspelling but I couldn't find it.

Well beside being filled with Taco Bell managers, having shitty liquor laws, and having people who don't know shit about the law, it's pretty good.

>Ohio calling others flyover
>Taco Bell employee feigning dignity

Is dealing with customers or lazy teenagers the worst part of your job?

>implying I should not care about the quality of my work because I'm in fast food

Please tell me when I should start caring. Trust me, fast food workers who don't care are dangerous. They're the ones who serve you rotten food with a sarcastic smirk.

Hell yes. There's lazy adults too. Lazy people in general are the worst, especially when they're higher on the totem pole than you. They stand around and chat and you have to run the store. My favorite is when they stare at you while you're sweeping or making food. I want to choke them but alas! nope. Maybe I'll save them a rotten tomato, heh.

>My favorite is when they stare at you while you're sweeping or making food
i bark orders at my coworker when she does this shit. everyone in the office thinks she has autism.

I didn't denegrate fast food workers, just Taco Bell. Need to fix that drive through speaker Shaniquao.

what's your favorite thing on the menu? what discontinued item do you like/miss the most? are you fat?

He said beer, not liquor.

Yeah lemme get 2 cheesy Gordita Crunches, a double chalupa, a Chicken Quesarito, and that chicken wrap things you guys got

How did it take this long for a reply like this

Because no one wants to make fake orders to Taco Bell on Veeky Forums.

Why are your jalapeƱos so shit? They completely ruin the "spicy" variant of everything. And i know you guys can make proper spicy stuff because the habanero variants are always great, but those never come around.

Why does your food taste so good byt make my asshold birth the antichrist?

why is the double chalupa such a fucking disappointment

???
I had it the other day, shit was bangin son

>inb4 phonefag

My niggah.

Oh okay, sorry. How did you know? Our speaker stops working after it gets rained on, I wish they would replace it. Nothing worse than having to tell a customer you can't understand them.

My favorite thing is a tie between mexican pizza and the shredded chicken mini quesadilla. What's yours? I miss the crunchwrap sliders but I don't miss serving them ;_;

Is 150 lb at 5'11" fat?

Ok great! Would you like a refill for your insulin prescription to go with that?

I'll tell you why: because they sit underneath the sauce bottles usually. When we put the sauce bottles back in the rack they tend to squirt out a small dribble of sauce, and sometimes those dribbles land in the jalapenos. We reuse ingredients at the end of the night for the next day: this is called carryover. And since we use jalapenos perhaps once every few days, they tend to get full of old sauce and cheese. It's gross.

Perhaps you didn't drink any mango iced tea? Perhaps you ate too much? I found the habanero sauce is what causes me severe indigestion, maybe you're using too much sauce?

Probably because its just a chalupa with nacho cheese and 2 servings of meat. I don't know what everyone was expecting. It is no crunchwrap slider. The dollar menu is a much better deal.

nah mayne. in Texas you can serve alcohol at all times with a restaurant license, so long as the beverages do not leave the premiss. You can serve margaritas at literally 8:00 am. Also you cannot sell unopened bottles of whatever.

Stop putting onions in your fucking bean burritos!

How much money do you make?

>mexican chicken pizza
How do i order that

>Ohio
>Not Flyover

Will you ever bring back Verde sauce. I NEED it.