youtube.com/watch?v=M_GNznvIN1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the only good meat pie is not a meat pie

Perfect meat pie

Pic related

Damnit

oh shit this might be right

Your moms meat pie is perfect for me.

My perfect meat pie memory was wandering around Circular Quay around 10AM, jet lagged. Hungry, and I find random pie shop. Better than Gregg's. Ate it on a bench. Meat pies are all about setting.

Homemade cheeseburger pie is goat.

So as we know meat pies are not a thing on this side of the atlantic/pacific. Last year I went to New Zealand and Australia and holy shit batman, meat pies can actually be good. The ones I've had here are always so dry and the fillings don't have much flavor. In New Zealand I had some amazing pies though and I don't think I will ever be able to get ones as good here.

I'd have to say my fave were steak and cheese or steak and mushroom but curry pies are also really good. I just like any that doesn't have ground meat in it, ground meat pies fall apart too fast.

Untrue, cheeseburger pie is a traditional dish in my American family.

>curry pies are also really good.
This I also learned in Australia. Curry pies are the shit.

>not cream sauce
Nope.

If you're talking about that bullshit made with dough that comes in an exploding cardboard foil lined tube you're talking crap.

Lebanon

Tourtière

Mmm.... Roast beef...

do these get served with sauces?

youtube.com/watch?v=M_GNznvIN1E

I suppose its common asian thing.
Picrelated is Uzbek samsa. Chopped lamb, onion, cumin and pepper inside. There is meat jus inside after cooking, so you have to firstly do a small bite and drink it.

Let me post the recipe.

Fuck no, this is a better version of the recipe handed down from my grandmother to my mother, and finally to me.

Cheeseburger Pie

Ingredients
>A 9-inch pie shell, either store bought or homemade depending on how tryhard/good at baking you are. This is a pastry dough crust, not a graham cracker crust or any of that sweet stuff
>1lb of ground beef
>1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
>1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
>Olive oil
>1 teaspoon black pepper
>1 teaspoon salt
>1 clove of garlic, chopped
>2 eggs
>3/4 cup of ketchup
>2 tablespoons of spicy brown or Dijon mustard
>2 tablespoons of pickle relish, whatever kind you want
>1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
>I and 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, of whatever kind you want. Just don't get fake shit. Cheddar, Swiss, and pepper jack work great.

Preheat your oven to 375 F. Heat up a large saucepan and cook the onions in a little olive oil until they're clear. Take them out of the pan and put aside. Brown the beef in the pan, then drain excess grease, add the onions back in, and season with the salt, black pepper, and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes more on low. Take off the heat and set aside to cool. In a bowl, whisk the eggs together with the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, and pickle relish. Stir in the cooled beef and onions, and 1/2 a cup of the cheese. Pour this mixture into the pie shell, layer tomato slices on top of that, and layer the remaining cheese over that, and close up the pie shell. Flute the edges, and cut whatever fancy pattern of slits into the crust you want. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and and filling is starting to bubble out of the slits.

You can also experiment with additions to the filling that also make good burger toppings, like:

>Mushrooms
>Chopped bacon
>Spinach
>Jalapeno slices
>Roasted red peppers

It's dank as fuck.

I mean if you want, most restaurants that would serve them would also serve you hummus or yogurt or other things you could dip it in if you wish, but they are quite flavorful without because of the seasonings and whatnot. Sometimes my mom brings home a package of them and I will just scoop up hummus with them as if they were giant meat filled nachos

>so you have to firstly do a small bite and drink it.
Lmao huh?

Sounds delicious desu, is it similar to Indian Samosas? but more soupy?

Made with venison. is the perfect meat pie

Sounds pretty good, thanks lad