Veeky Forums's thoughts on dried fruit

Favorite kinds? Favorite ways to use them? I like raisins and cranberries a lot in overnight oatmeal

enjoy your diabetes, fatty

answer the question twink

i love dried fruit.
dried mango is amazing. like a fruit jerky
dried apricots in particular are packed with vitamins and minerals.

I'll eat it as a breakfast food, either in oatmeal or as a side.

Dried
Fucking
PINEAPPLE

ITS BASICALLY COCAINE TO ME

Raisins go well in rice pudding.

Does dehydrated fruit retain it's nutritional value or is it mainly just a sweet snack that should be eaten rarely/sparingly?

I don't like them so much on their own, but in a fruit shake they're great

>willingly ingesting sulfur dioxid and acrymalide, chemicals routinely used to dry fruit
>eating fruit coated in confectioners sugar so it doesn't taste like bitter shite

Confirmed retard. Dried fruits aren't healthy at all.

>muh health
Dried fruit is delicious and anything of even average quality isn't coated in confectioner sugar, you fucking trailer trash human garbage. The sugar on the outside comes from drying extremely ripe fruits. The amount of sulfur dioxide is negligible and the acrymalide isn't "used" to dry fruit, it's a byproduct of the drying process and is irrelevant unless you're gorging yourself on the stuff every day

I know you spent your first 3 decades living like a slob and now your doctor said you're going to die if you don't start living like a himalayan monk, but reasonable people just use this stuff as a small side plate to go with coffee or something like that. We're talking like 30g of dried fruit, if that. Oh wait coffee will kill you too because you drank 6 starbucks shakes a day before the heart attack and so everyone else must be doing that too

It's called self control and moderation, oops! Your parents didn't teach you that, better go sue them for negligence.

Why is it that no matter what food item is posted, there's always THAT GUY right there to post all this shit talk about how unhealthy or dangerous it is because it contains x or y? Every single time. Is it just one person who quickly googles "The dangers of....." as soon as they see a thread pop up or something? I really don't understand it. My ass don't want to be living to no 97 years old bound to a wheelchair slobbering on myself anyways. I'd rather be happy now and eat a piece of fruit or some grilled chicken with black marks on it. (OHHH BUT THE CANCER)

10 personal insults, none of which refute the FACT dangerous and toxic chemicals are used to dry fruits. How embarrassing. Let's stick within the realm of reality here...shall we?

Do you really think Big Fruit is standing there with a big vat of acrylamide to poison you with?

Are you a big fan of eating sugar-free fruits?

i like dried papaya, and its firm and chewy texture.

Dried fruit is lovely but it's a shame that it has so much damn sugar. Might as well just eat fucking chocolate bars and drink soda instead.

I know what they spray on fruits to keep pests off, and what Monsanto creates...and cucked the FDA to allow said products to be widely used. So...yes. Eating anything other than farm fresh produce is full retard mode. Knowing the farmers personally and cultivating a relationship with them so they explain exactly what they use on their crops is pertinent information.

>tfw surrounded by farms only 70 miles north of NYC and don't ever have to worry about 3rd world Chilean grapes covered in poison and dead tropical bugs

Chocolate bars in my oatmeal though? I...wish that didn't sound so good

This. Buy from local farmers you know and dry your own fruit. We've been picking blueberries at a farm near me that I know for certain does not use pesticides, herbicides or GMO's. $10.00/gallon (@ 5lbs). Try to find that price at a grocery.

Stop supporting megacorporations who are poisoning you.

>I know what they spray on fruits to keep pests off
Really, Monsanto sells vats of acrylamide to keep the pests off. This is some truly fascinating information.

Do you enjoy your fresh local Hudson Valley missoin figs? Hudson Valley medjool dates? I bet they're totally Monsanto free... because they don't exist.

Moderation hasn't reached flyovers yet

Dried apricots. very tasty. used to have an apricot tree. never got to make dried apricots though :(

dried mango is god teir

dried ginger is god tier

It's pretty good, but without the water you can eat more and take in too many calories.

I always get unsulphured, because that kind of stuff has caused me headaches in the past. Acrylamide isn't something that's deliberately added. It forms on carbohydrates when they get hot. Even on stuff that shouldn't be getting hot enough for it to happen. spoopy.

Have you eaten your daily pound of greens yet? :^)

Diet usually affects quality of life much more than quantity. Dried fruit isn't going to be what makes your life worse. It's absolutely better per calorie than most of the shit eaten in industrialized countries. It will only make your spare tire a bit thicker.

Sugar doesn't behave the same when it comes with fiber and various phytonutrients that slow its absorption. So it's just some extra calories you may not need today.

You can make it "healthy" with fruit, cocoa, nuts. It's how I make a slurry with a quarter cup chia to put on my oatmeal. Need those omega-3s and minerals.