I am going to try becoming a vegetarian (NOT vegan) since I am going to start eating vegetables in order to detox and I...

I am going to try becoming a vegetarian (NOT vegan) since I am going to start eating vegetables in order to detox and I was thinking about it anyway. For years my dinners have been just chicken breasts or steak, usually with no/fatty vegetables and booze and it's just gross and I don't want heart problems. So I'm quitting meat and booze or at least cutting back on them significantly. I'm sick of feeling like garbage. I'll still eat meat from time to time if I have to in order to get protein for the day, but I'm gonna start planning my meals around salads, stir fries and stuff like that. If anyone has experience and knows some delicious recipes to share, I'd greatly appreciate it. Pic related is my favorite dish already and happens to be vegetarian.

>vegetarian
>detox
>gross
>stuff like that
The curry pic really sets of this bait OP, good job. 8/10

>start eating vegetables in order to detox

You know that the whole idea of "detox" is completely and utterly fictitious outside of Alcohol and opiate withdrawal treatment, right?

Don't get me wrong--I think it's awesome you're getting your diet sorted out. But don't think that you must eat a certain diet in order to "detox".--that whole concept is silly.

Do improve your diet.
Don't get hung up on some fictitious "detox" bullshit.

obv I don't think it's gross if I've been eating it for years, the consequences of eating it daily are gross. why does any thread mentioning eating more vegetables get the little macho dicklets so riled up, I'll never understand

I'm doing whatever I can to pass a drug test in 2 weeks, eating lots of fiber is one of the things that is supposed to help. I had also been considering this but the job is setting the fire under my ass that I need.

Eat Oatmeal for your "protein for the day".
Don't know about recipes but you can do a lot with it. Tried it with chocolate a couple of times, it was alright.

I make mine with just some salt and add some honey, peanut butter and cinnamon on top of it when it's on the plate, that's the good stuff.

in during carnist rage

these faggots think if you go an hour without shoveling a mcchicken down your throat it's extremism

huh.

kek, yes I have eaten enough meat for a lifetime, I want to actually enjoy it when I eat it. I'm definitely not the type to just eat shitty boring salads and beans either, there's a lot of interesting ways to prepare vegetables so it's not masochism to eat them.

Mmm weil

You won't really 'detox' your body with oily Indian food mate, might as well eat meat

>maddox

If you want to cut back on meat but you still want some of the flavour, you could always utilize broths or stock in your vegetarian dishes. Obviously if you were trying to cut out anything related to meat it wouldn't be an option, though. No matter what you make though, if it's properly spiced you'll enjoy it.

Try marinating some vegetables and then grilling them, provided you've got a grill of some sort. The weather is hot now but soups are always nice, cold or not, and they can be really flavourful, especially if you use meat-based broths instead of water or even vegetable broth.

Beans and other legumes are great for protein substitutes, but if you're not worried too badly about cholesterol you could eat more eggs from time to time, and if you're looking for something that can taste meaty or have a meaty texture without actually BEING meat you could always eat mushrooms. Especially portabello, but those can be expensive.

Detox is fairy-tale imagination game horseshit for mental midgets.

t. vegan

Been vegetarian for 8 months now, before that I was weaning off meats one by one until the cravings went away. I feel like its harder to just stop all at once, either way good luck to you user.

What the fuck is a "carnist"?

People that are way too into meat to the point of fetishization and will sperg out at people that don't eat meat bc it gives them cognitive dissonance

Never met those. You sure you aren't over reacting to different opinions and creating a strawman to discredit divergent points of view?

t. Carnist

???

I know you said not vegan but this is a fun cookbook

Not really the healthiest or most balanced food, but it tastes really good, and you can balance it out with some whey protein or whatever

Throwing in a few really simple but tasty things.
Seeds added to salads, well spiced decorticated lentils (takes much less time to cook than the average legume), peas cooked w/ slightly fried onion and garlic, grilled eggplant slices w/ hot pepper, garlic and oil.