no, it's me

William Faulkner IS DEAD.
James Joyce IS DEAD.
I'M DEAD.

yo when's Ulysses 2 coming out?

About as dead as Mozart

no, he's just celebrating his 134th birthday this year, ya knobhead wanka

this thread is bakas

OP meant is James Joyce the dead. As in is he perfectly personified by his short story "the dead", the last and best story in his famous "Dubliners".

>implying anybody actually reads here

the arthur is dead

He lives on in the likes of David Foster Wallace, Albert Camus, and Slavoj Zizek. I think we have quite a few iterations of his form left before we finally surpass him, rendering him truly "dead."

Agree on DFW, idk about the rest

Camus and Zizek??

baka desu senpaitachi gaijin

No. He lives on in the mind and soul of every man who fucks farts out of their gf. It doesn't matter if they're naughty little farties or a long gush from her hole, as long as any man has a dirty little fuckbird who farts as she fucks, then Joyce lives on.

>every man who fucks farts out of their gf.
>tfw

95% of normies don't know who he was, or any of his works. He's pretty "dead".

My university professor knows about him, and has even written academic posts about him.

Not to me he's not. I remember I was in therapy, and my therapist was like, "Who inspires you? Who challenges you?" and I was like, "Shakespeare, Pope, Locke, Nietzsche, Joyce..." and he was like, "Those people are all dead" and I said "Not to me they're not." And he was like "Well, you can't talk to them, you can't give back to them" and I made some crack about smelling salts and started laughing, but he was like "Take this seriously." Whatever.

My therapist's name was Sean, and before I started going to him, I went to some other guy, who wrote this book, and I read the book before I went to the first session, and showed up, and he was like "So, blah blah blah" and I said "Hey pal, do you find it hard to hide the fact that you're gay?" and he was all flustered and shit and I was like "Yeah, I'm a genius, and I can tell who's gay and who's not, my IQ's through the roof, you don't who know you're fuckin' with." And he was like, "Get out of here! Get out! I'm not gay!" and I was like, you know, whatever. Fag.

Went back to Sean, and he was cool for a while until one night he started trying to hug me and shit and telling me it's not my fault, and I hugged him, but in my head I was like, "Shit, Sean's gay too."

wise is kanye

No, but God is

Better than the movie

Nope, we are dead in his eyes.

nah he's g

Zizek is not dead . . .

>university professor
>normie
Every university professor should at least know of him, otherwise they do not deserve to be in academia.

Not to me he's not

this

This. Even Joyce believed his books would be analyzed for centuries.