ITT name five random things about food or cooking

ITT name five random things about food or cooking

1. Pic related is the best mac and cheese for me
2. I still can't make the perfect fried eggs after like 10 years of trying, seems completely random if they cook fast or slow
3. I dip everything in ranch
4. I think spaghetti is the worst pasta
5. fried pickles are utterly delicious

Do you overcook stouffer's mac n cheese or lasagna a little bit to have some burnt cheese on the edges?

I think Taco Bell is healthier than BK or MCD
I think Potato Bread is healthier than any other bread
I like Kroger brand orange juice better than Wal-mart Orange juice (Generic)
I like Udon better than Ramen
I don't microwave my cup of noodles. I microwave the water then pour boiling water into the cup.

1. Once every couple of months I force myself to eat a banquet salisbury steak mega meal as a form of penance.
2. I put onions and garlic into nearly everything I cook, to the point that I can't even recognize it anymore.
3.I used to love putting a locally made seasoned salt (pleasoning, out of Lacross WI) on everything but I felt guilt and stopped using it entirely because I told myself no self respecting chef would use seasoned salts.
4. rockstar punched is 10/10 sips
5. I told myself that my fry cook job at a local bar would only be a jumping off point yet i'm still here and still to lazy to apply to a real kitchen

1. 60%-70% of my diet is pizza
2. Microwaves are vastly superior to stoves for cooking oatmeal
3. Green apple Gatorade is the best gas station drink ever
4. If you go to a fast food restaurant with all-black staff and you're white, it's best to immediately leave, they will fuck with your food
5. Smoked Gouda cheese is the best cheese, no contest

1. I make large batches of food and freeze
2. I'm keto
3. Diet Coke is better than Coke Zero
4. I desire fast food
5. I have to force myself to defrost and eat the frozen meals.

My favorite cheat is Fromager d'Affinois and bread. Maybe that's 6?

1. I was slightly picky as a kid, but I got over it as an adult and I like pretty much everything now. Except eggs. Keep trying them, just can't seem to like them.
2. People say cheap fake American cheese is only good for grilled cheese sandwiches. They're wrong in my opinion. It's not even good for that, even a slice of cheap "cheddar" is better.
3. Making a roux isn't hard, and you should learn to do it immediately if you don't know how. It should be one of the first things you learn when you get into more serious cooking.
4. Chipotle aioli actually isn't a meme. It's good on sandwiches, in quesadillas, in marinades, on tacos, and as a dipping sauce for practically anything fried.
5. There's absolutely no reason to ever buy instant or boil-in-a-bag rice. It's retardedly easy to make rice in a pot or rice cooker. Like, a brain-dead monkey could do it.

Yakisoba >>>>> udon or ramen

I like food.
Food tastes good.
Cooking is fun.
I like eating.
I couldn't think of a fifst thing.

1. I can cook eggs perfectly, anyway you want. if youre a weeb and enjoy the rolled egg, i can make that too. perfectly. its a great feeling to boast about this.
2. storebought packaged tendies are my favorite. they dont have to be warm.
3. mcdonalds makes me feel hollow after eating, and its not regret. its just not real food.
4. i despise the obsession with cheese
5. japanese ramen is easy to ruin, hard to make great. whereas korean packaged ramen you always get a consistent result that tastes pretty good for the effort.

>satisfying servings

>milk gives me the shits
>full sugar drinks give me the shits
>apple cider gives me the shits
>everything makes me shit
>I am sad

What if I want my eggs burnt on purpose?

you mean fried until its crunchy? yeah i like that too. great on toast.

What if I'm and I don't like eggs? I've tried the scrambled, over easy, and in omelettes. I can usually only get a few bites down before the taste gets to me and I feel a little sick. I haven't bothered trying hard-boiled or deviled eggs because the smell alone makes me gag. I want to like these things because everyone I know fucking loves eggs and look at me weird when I decline them when offered, but they just taste awful to me. Is there a way I can cook them that makes them taste better?

i know exactly what you mean. I'm the same user, and as a kid i hated eggs. they have that eggy smell you know, that isn't far from a dank ass fart.
I'm trying to think of dishes that use eggs as a prominent ingredient but still masks it.
Anyways, how do you feel about baked goods? Are you aware they completely rely on eggs?

I know about baked goods, and I use eggs in stuff like breads and cakes myself all the time. But the other ingredients completely mask both the taste and texture, so it's not a problem at all.

MY MAN

pan with lid
high heat
put butter let melt
crack egg on it
lower heat to medium low
put a tablespoon of water in pan and put on lid
let top steam

voila you have a not burnt fucking egg with a runny yolk

I'm sure this is a problem unique to me, but every time I cook eggs on the same temp it varies....some days the eggs cook at what seems like a normal pace, other times they seem to like instantly solidify, like instantly all the whites are cooked and i'm like OH FUCK

What is the difference between a fried egg and sunny side up?

I'm truly shocked that I am not fat or diabetic considering my diet is made up of 80% sweets

I could eat sweet potatoes for all meals permanently

Cooking becomes 3x more fun and relaxing if you let go of the notion that everything should come out perfectly within the first few times you make it. It's all about experimentation, adaptation and experience.

American processed cheese taste great in spicy instant ramen. Think of it like a condiment rather than an ingredient.

I've yet to taste a single energy drink that didn't taste like fermented garbage.

People who prefer an egg with a brown crunchy bottom and hard yolk have objectively shitty taste

>everything should come out perfectly within the first few times you make it.

First time? Absoloutely. But if it's not coming out perfect by the 3rd time then you're doing something very wrong.

I agree this is nothing to get stressed out about but damn, if you tried 3 times and it's still not right then something is wrong.