Favorite work by an author

favorite work by an author

Fight me

haven't read it yet, looking forward to it

does anyone have that nabokov chart

o ya

pretty bad chart though, start with Lolita than read Invitation to a Beheading. After that it doesn't matter, except Ada is the final boss.

that comes as a relief to me ada was an easy read...or at least easy compared to joyce or faulkner or pychon

This is just embarrassing. How can you be such a vanilla. You're not interesting.

Nabokov does not have a difficult prose style, I didn't mean final boss in terms of difficulty, I meant it is the culmination of his formal experimentation and pursuit of "aesthetic bliss".

Is Lolita essential? I have been putting it off since I am under the impression it is 300 pages of 'yeah lets fugg'. I was thinking of getting pale fire but maybe it is best to read lolita first.

Here's a different chart

>I am under the impression it is 300 pages of 'yeah lets fugg"
user, you're retarded. The memes on this board are a joke, this isn't even a slightly erotic novel. It's one of the most brilliant observation on obsession and love in all of literature. If you've put it off, you don't know Nabokov, plain and simple.

>this isn't even a slightly erotic novel.
I guess I fell for the meme, thanks though. I guess I will pick it up in the near future then.

Same as you OP. Nice taste

there was a site that said Lolita was the best book ever written

Anyone have one of these for John Hawkes

thank u i'm told i taste delicious

I don't like this chart either. How is Laughter in the Dark not part of "Best of Early Work"

IMO this should be the how to into Nabokov order:

>Laughter in the Dark
>Lolita
>Pnin
>Pale Fire
>Ada
>Speak Memory
>If you made it this far you obviously like him, read whatever interests you that's left in his ouvre

author: God

>best
Hindu Literature

>second best
Gnosticism

>worst
the Old Testament

>Overrated
the New Testament

>Underrated
The Quran

King Lear

I haven't read yours yet either but I've heard great things friend.

And so castles made of sand...

Ada has a lot more yeah let's fugg than Lolita does.

Shit tier taste. Ot is patrician

Making the chart for you, user.

How are Mary and the Luzhin Defense?
I hardly ever see them mentioned here, and am interested.

tru. i would argue it's the sexiest novel ever written

Would you?