Would Plato have voted for Trump?

Would Plato have voted for Trump?

Drumpf is as removed from the concept of Philosopher King as it gets.

>Platon
>voting

That's were you're wrong kiddo.

Sorry, this thread is about Plato, not 'Platon'. You need too learn basic english

Trump is an anti-intellectual populist. He's also quite boring.

>not sure if retarded or pretending .jpg

What about Bannon?

KING OF BAITS tier or just really stupid

>mfw anglos call Platon "Plato"
>mfw anglos call Aristoteles "Aristotle"
>mfw anglos call Homeros "Homer"
>mfw anglos call Ovidius "Ovid"
>mfw anglos call Horatius "Horace"

Why does English bastardize everything?

Bannon is too shady. He's a Theban.

These are declined forms of their names that stuck

>calling Plátōn, Platon

*tips fedora*

plato was greek so he couldn't have voted for an american president lol

well obama was kenyan and somehow became president lol

>calling Πλάτων Plátōn
Ντροπή σου.

damn...
really makes you consider and ponder over things. it really activates the neurons and neutrons.

I wanted you to reply with this.

>mfw plebs call Aristocles "Platon"

I think he may go down a path similar to Pheidon of Argos

Both Trump and Hillary would be so far left of him that he wouldn't have voted at all.

Plato wouldn't live in this shithole country, atleast we would never produce someone like Plato. Our premier Philosophers are Joe Rogan and Black Man Science.

Btw all you faggots meming about his "name", Platon is a nickname if you didn't know.
See

>believing the hellenistic nickname meme

Platon was a common name in Greece at the time with 31 instances in Athens.

yes

This assumes that Plato is saying that the ideal ruler is actually a philosophy king. Does Plato even want couches in his city though?

yes.

Wrong.

>disputing Diogenes Laertius

Show me your credentials you fucking nigger

Laurence Professor of Ancient Philosophy

>He hasn't studied thousands of years of source material at the Great Library of Alexandria

Come back later you tool.

Diogenes hadn't either.

wrong

>Person I don't like does X which is bad. I'm going to compare X to Y which I support. This comparison will implies I realize that Y is bad. While I started my argument by attacking my opponent for doing a bad thing, the conclusion of my argument is not that we should do fewer bad things but more or different bad things.
This is the shittiest normie meme.
Progressives try to tell me that America has no unifying culture, but how do they explain every single one of their countrymen using or falling for this argument at least 5 times a day?

If you don't want to speak English, you don't have to.

another normie baited by the master troll

>"The morality of torturing terrorists is not comparable to the morality of killing terrorists"

Are you retarded?

Torturing terrorists and the a country killing its own citizens with drone strikes are both wrong. One is less wrong than the other (although in the case of al-Awlaki that's up for debate), but both are sufficiently wrong that a country should avoid them. It's precisely pragmatic that got al-Awlaki killed, and while his death is undeniably a good thing, the means through which it was achieved legitimized a dangerous precedent. Torturing terrorists would do exactly the same thing.

Depends. If the torture is limited, and comparatively mild, it will of course be a far better option than the drone strikes, but there is a line that can be crossed.

He isn't questioning the morality of killing citizens he is making an argument for the use of torture.

It is much more illegal (and thus immoral) to kill US citizens without trial than it is to torture non citizen enemy combatants. Thus anyone who dissents must also condemn the Obama administration, debasing any liberal critics.

saging this thread before it goes off topic

this.