Going from electrical engineering to civil engineering. What can I expect? And why is civil hated so much?

Going from electrical engineering to civil engineering. What can I expect? And why is civil hated so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_field_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=-Qlj5T-ItdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Brainlets who fail Physics switch to EE.
Brainlets who fail EE switch to MechE
Brainlets who fail MechE switch to CivilE.
Brainlets who fail CivilE switch to Computer Science.
Brainlets who fail Computer Science switch to Business.
Brainlets who fail Business switch to Humanities.

I didn't fail EE, I just didn't like it. It's very boring and repetitive.

Are you me?

Because its seen as too easy

Really? It's considered one of the most difficult studies at my uni. I also go to a renowned university; TU Delft

a friend of mine failed AC circuit analysis and switched to physics

t. BA in Physics

You are going to hate Civ E even more.

My dad is a civil engineer. In the course of my life I have seen him have a stroke, lose his business, lose his sanity, become an abusive person and then become a christian cultist (as in now he spends more time in the church than in the house or his job, I assume to cope).

One time we were talking and I told him that he is the reason I ended up in academia because after watching him the last thing I wanted to do was get a real job and go through the shit he did. If I wasn't "smart" then I would probably be a political activist, a communist terrorist or some other brand of "job" for people that do not want to actually work.

Mechanical Engineering is pretty cool. I like guns and cars so I guess I'm kinda biased.

EE and ME are significantly more difficult than physics

>fail AC circuit theory
>take electromagnetic theory

Welp.

(you)r friend will be crushed in Quantum Physics.
Really? Do (you) even lift Quantum Field Theory Bro?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_field_theory

Anything but theoretical mathematics, is plebeian.

CivEngis get steady work with governments. You can also repave parking lots to flood physics buildings at universities.

put in some fucking effort man

i changed from MechE to EE cuz it was boring as fuck

so i guess you are right

>tfw Chem E is never memed on

>fail AC circuit theory
>take electromagnetic theory
Do EE not need to study electromagnetism?

I am currently in my 3rd year of EE and am taking my second course in EM atm. It really depends on which field of EE you want to go in

>brainlet who's only taken circuits classes

At my school, there's a required EMag course for EEs. And we're not even a hard engineering school. It's weird that you could get a degree without really knowing anything about EM waves likes that.

Also, get your weebshit avatarfagging out

>why is civil hated so much?
jealousy because they are employed, happy, and middle class.

yes you do rofl

>Civil E
>Middle Class
Lower Middle Class at best.
Unless you accept bribes from a corrupt politician.
Honest Civil E are poor fags. Corrupt Civil E are rich but risk to go into prison.

>Brainlets who fail Mathematics switch to Physics.
ftfy

>renowned
>continental europe (outside swiss)

Credit load wise this is very true in the US. Concept wise physics beats the others out

Be Edward Witten.
From BSc in History with Honors.
Princeton PhD in Theoretical Physics.
Fields Medal in Math.
Try to Beat this physicist Brain bull.

Engineer in general

I don't think you understand what lower middle class is. The starting salary for entry level CivEs is middle middle class

It's the 4th best uni for CE and EE

no dude, you dont understand that 6 courses per semester is the average for engineering programs

I can see them 4th best in Europe but not near 4th best in the world

I too enjoy being useless.

One time the civil guys started shit in the physics room so we got into a fight that escalated to using chain lightning and a blow torch

Civil isn't hated, it's just shitted on for being easier than the other real engineerings. Still it's a real engineering, and you can get good money with it.

Kids can't meme the adults.

Is this shopped or does his intellect bend spacetime?

This is true in general. Though if I'm being honest in terms of undergrad they're both probably comparable.

i.e. weak shit.

lel

Its legit goy

youtube.com/watch?v=-Qlj5T-ItdY

oh shit wait what

Muh Electrical Engineering is also pretty high on ranking.