Greatest philosopher of all time? I think so. Nietzsche never stood a chance against this man...

Greatest philosopher of all time? I think so. Nietzsche never stood a chance against this man, and I'm sure that if they had a debate, Schop would wipe the floor with him.

Great blog post.

>introduced causality into Kant's transcendental aesthetic
>greatest philosopher of all time

Literally nothing without Kant. Try again.

Schopenhauer was to smart to be happy.

top-tier reply

nice comment

What do you mean by this?

>Nietzsche never stood a chance against this man
Nietzsche was actually a devout follower of Schopenhauer before he got older and realized he's a hack

beautiful double-trips

Nietzsche spent his last 15 years of his life costantly proving that Schopenhauer was wrong pretty much about everything.

damn isnt philisophy just ppl shittin on each other for an eternity?

I know nietzsche was essentially trying to be the anti-schop with much of his work. But I'd like some real proof that he refuted anything schopenhaur said, or anything even close. Muh amor fati seems pathetic yeah love it all man cuz uh the strength of the will??

Schopenhauer was a /r9k/ edgelord who got rejected by every woman he ever showed interest in.

Oh shi.... FUCK! GOLLLY GEE DUDE!! HOLY SHIT!
*calls person over*
L-look at this shit.. LOOK! That fucking burn!! He's so right too!

Well if you weren't retarded, you would realize that in Schopenhauer, Kant's noumena became "will."

>TFW will to power has nothing to do with volition and everything to do with the becoming_manifest of things-in-themselves.

No, but Schoppy did have the good sense to admire the actual greatest philosopher.

>the cause of Christianities horrible life-denying beliefs
>greatest anything
he was a monster

>life-denying
You have no spiritual depth. You are just another hedonist looking for excuses

He was obsessed and possessed by his God, Wille, fighting his Devil, The Pathetic. He was so consumed by will (his mind) that he became what he despised i.e. pathetic.

The evidence is in the man himself. If Kant was the Grand Virgin, Schopenhauer was the Arch-Virgin

meant for

4 greatest novels according to Schopp
>Don Quixote by Cervantes
The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman by Laurence Sterne
Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship from Goethe
Julie, or the New Heloise by Rousseau

Pretty interesting list for the 19th century

Schoppy was a known womanizer with a 10'' inch schlong (source: his wonderful biography by John Ellis; read it)

Arch-Virgin in the sense that he defended virginity, not that he was actually a virgin. That's how he is different from Kant.

I mean, he was buttfumed after rejection by a fucking 17 year old.

Yup, and it's the only thing that links philosophy to reality.

So you would rather be depressed and miserable and hate life because of muh meaninglessness? I don't get that shit

>Greatest philosopher of all time?

Whoever wrote the Vedas and the Upanishads.

>Schopenhauer was a /r9k/ edgelord
Luckily for the world shit like this site or socialmedia weren't around back then so he had to use his energy to actually go out and achieve something.