Just ordered pic related

just ordered pic related
Did I fuck up?

If you aren't going to read it, don't. But don't look for us to justify your premade decision.

I said because of the edition, I'm not sure which are the ones with typos

Yes, Penguin Classics sucks

shaking my head

I like the part when that guy is eating poopoo.

I really don't get it.

I got about 50 pages in, and was completely bored, and kind of insulted at the books sense of humor. It's sort of what a 9 year old with no friends and obsessively eats crayons would think is funny.

The plot doesn't seem to be going anywhere, i just got sick of the shit and put it down. I think it's basically one of those books that people pretend to like, because they think saying they like it will make them look more intelligent.

>reading for the plot

>It's sort of what a 9 year old with no friends and obsessively eats crayons would think is funny.
That makes me want to read it more

LIBRARY
I
B
R
A
R
Y

I have similar complaints about Mason Dixon or "some pioneers and their talking dog LOL"

I just realized I ordered the english version, I assumed it was a translation, I double fucked up

Your task, in these dreams, is often to pens.

>the plot didn't seem to be going anywhere' do it wasn't funny
>I mean all he did was establish characters
>I read a whole 50 pages
>why would I read more if it's just establishing characters the whole time?

Buying books of dead authors is always messing up.

>>why would I read more if it's just establishing characters the whole time?

>takes 50 pages to establish characters (which he doesn't even do fully at that point), which most books can do within 10-20 pages, and also makes a rambling, unfunny, unfocused mess out of it.

Gee, I sure want to read more.

maybe you are just too low energy for the book famalalamalamalamalamalamalamalamalam

maybe it's a shitty book

4u

>it's like he's throwing me in the middle of a confusing situation with a lot of moving parts

>I think it's basically one of those books that people pretend to like
I've noticed it's usually vain individuals who project this

There is a group of po-mo readers on this board that bully every individual who calls them out on shit like Pynchon, Vollman and Gass. Obscurantism and hokery-pokery in prose is not for everyone, and I would much prefer the beauty of Hardy or Stendahl to the games Pynchon is playing in Gravity's Rainbow, which, like McCarthy, is much more about Pynchon's ego than the enjoyment of the reader.

If you have a literary preference that you feel trumps Pychon's writing style then that's fine; the appreciation of every expressive medium is highly subjective. But stop being so toxic and just enjoy what you do instead of bringing other's down just because they like something you don't.

I am usually loathe to accuse someone of being from reddit, but you fit the bill you fucking faggot, or perhaps rotting cunt.

>There is a group of po-mo readers on this board that bully every individual who calls them out on shit like Pynchon, Vollman and Gass
No there's not, you're just a pretentious shit. From my POV, there's a group of assholes on Veeky Forums who think just bc they don't enjoy Pynchon et al., no one else can. I enjoy both Pynchon and Stendhal tbqqh

I also don't care if people don't like Pynchon, I also don't care if they act like assholes about it, I just feel it my duty to bother the latter by telling them they're dumbasses.

>I said because of the edition
No, you didn't, but it's okay if you meant to say it.

What do you look for in a book? What do/are you hope/hoping to get?

>I actually came from reddit and am embarrassed about it so now I'm going to use it as an insult cause everyone else does!
>I have to be edgy and bare hateful opinions in order to be a 4channer lol
*sniff sniff*
Neeeewwfag :3

Pop pop

Where are you from? /r9k/?

takes one to know one XDDDDD lmaoo
*fux betches getz $$$$$*

You seem like a real nice person to be around...

Why do you even come here if all you do is act like your opinion is fact?

I don't usually say this, because I feel like someone you probably feel like when I say it, but: you're too dumb to appreciate what this board appreciates.

Also
>lumping Pynchon and McCarthy together

Do you even read their work?

Sometimes when people have issues, they take it out by writing posts like this on Veeky Forums.