Plant based diet

Im considering a plant based diet after learning about the horrible side effects of eating meat and shit even though I love meat,...anyway...having a hard time finding shit to eat that isn't animal related...and tips or recipes would be great also...im not very rich so affordable is also helpful

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/10/26/hot-dogs-are-now-considered-carcinogens-here-are-roughly-480-other-things-the-who-says-might-cause-cancer/?utm_term=.214d643acab2
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/cutting-red-meat-for-a-longer-life
jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/johns-hopkins-center-for-a-livable-future/research/clf_publications/pub_rep_desc/meat_intake.html
mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/meatless-meals/art-20048193
pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/diet-cancer/facts/meat-consumption-and-cancer-risk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483430/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21307610
youtu.be/ALWgIcIQ7Rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and tips or recipes would be great also

here's a tip. fucking kill yourself. if you really believe that eating meat is bad for you i guess you'll probably believe me and kill yourself too.

What horrible side effects are you talking about?

causes cancer bro... 1 hotdog is like 5 cigarettes, and I stopped smoking soooo why would I eat meat if the same effect

causes plaque build up in vessels, carcinogenic, we don't need it

that's the most retarded shit i've ever fucking heard. kill yourself. do you really believe everything you hear?

pure fucking bullshit.

those fried ribs look fuckin good

not bullshit it's proven....there have been many study's on the matter

"""studies""" aren't worth a pile of dogshit.

it's not proven. because it's not true. are you retarded?

>hot dogs cause cancer
What do you gain from making up shit like this?

Kek

washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/10/26/hot-dogs-are-now-considered-carcinogens-here-are-roughly-480-other-things-the-who-says-might-cause-cancer/?utm_term=.214d643acab2

read up boys, processed meat is a group 1 same as cigarettes

>all meat is of the same quality as hotdogs

neck yourself

the washington post is less realistic than stephen king.

/thread

and meat cooked at high temps... or processed meat yeah

Is Barbecue carcinogenic?

A. There's no evidence that grilling causes cancer. But cooking meat at the high temperatures you use to grill—as well as broil and fry—creates heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), compounds linked with some cancers.
Is charred meat a carcinogen

It can produce cancer-causing chemicals, too. If you're firing up the grill, keep your cookout risk-free with these safe-cooking tips. When meat—be it beef, pork, fish, or poultry—is cooked at high temperatures, it forms heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs
Do smoked meats cause cancer?

Smoked food and cancer. Smoking is a well-known source of food contaminated caused by carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Epidemiological studies indicates a statistical correlation between the increased occurrence of cancer of the intestinal tract and the frequent intake of smoked foods

source: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine

Just cut animal products to 5-10% of your daily intake you fat stupid fuck.

fuck you motherfucker don't shit on someone who is trying to get healthy, I love meat as much as the next person but I don't want it to cause me fucking health problems down the road

plants cause health problems. vegetables are poisonous.

NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO EAT???????????

fucking RETARD. your IQ must be 90 or below.

who the fuck said that plants and vegetables are poisonous? I don't give a fuck if you eat an entire cow a day you ignorant mother fucker.. wont be long till school starts back and you can get your daily government allotted school lunch full of all the safe nutrients a growing faggot needs

Yeah and if you only eat one serving of animal products a day you'll be fine. Unless of course all your eating is processed trash.

i said it, you nigger.

>ignorant

what is this, fucking the oprah winfrey show? are you actually fucking wearing womens panties right now?

shut the fuck up. you're retarded as fuck and believe everything you hear. you don't need a computer. get rid of it.

go suck your moms dick while she frys your bologna and gtfo here

Jesus who knew home cooks were so aggressive.

>waahhhhhh, stop telling me what i like is bad
>top universities, medical research groups, and government reports are wrong because im a special snowflake and youre compromising my safe space
>shut up youre, uh, GAY hahaha, and, and DUMB lol

carnicucks on fucking suicide watch, kek

>health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/cutting-red-meat-for-a-longer-life

>jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/johns-hopkins-center-for-a-livable-future/research/clf_publications/pub_rep_desc/meat_intake.html

>mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/meatless-meals/art-20048193

>pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/diet-cancer/facts/meat-consumption-and-cancer-risk

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483430/

>here-are-roughly-480-other-things-the-who-says-might-cause-cancer
no offense, but why would i get my medical advice from a 60s rock band? aren't half of them dead now anyway?

i eat meat with every single meal (mostly chicken and pork)
however all my meals are mostly vegetables with a god side of carbs and a fatty sauce and some animal protein
if all i had was burgers then sure that would lead to some issues down the line
as it is my diet > your diet

>Im considering a plant based diet after learning about the horrible side effects of eating meat

Howbout a salad of Deadly Nightshade and Deathcap mushrooms

there's literally no reason to give and credence to any of those places.

you're gullible as fuck. use your fucking brain. meat isn't bad for you.

>People who don't eat 30 cheeseburgers a day tend to live active, healthier lifestyles
>People who don't eat meat at all tend to live active, healthier lifestyles
>Therefore it stands to reason meat kills you
You're right, you are retarded.

Eat lots of beans and lentils, ratatouille is good, lentil bake is great, chili sin Carne is always a good option too.

>5 cigarettes
You could literally smoke 5 cigarettes a day and live into your 90s. 5 cigs is nothing.

>this thread

What is the point in all this bullshit contention? How insecure are you people do you have to mindlessly insult someone for wanting to make dietary changes and to explore new things? I understand a lot of vegetarians and vegans do it for egotistical reasons, but a lot of you get way too defensive.

I would like to see more objective studies in general regarding nutrition, but we can't have that because of all you insecure cunts on either side.

OP, find local farms. Most places are not nearly expensive as they are made out to be, and you will find farms that partake in ethical, sustainable practices in both vegetable products and animal products.

Vegetable products does not necessary mean healthy. There are some shifty vegetable operations all over the globe just as there are meat operations. That being said, it's never a bad idea to experiment with your diet and find out first hand what best works for you.

so i should take advice from some buttdevistated user instead of research from universities, medical groups, and government organizations? where are you getting your information from?

nice straw man. the subject of the articles pertains to meat being unhealthy, you are not able to refute that. they did not reach that conclusion by using moderation as evidence, its just supporting

are you guys still in highschool? theres nothing wrong with that, but you should just relax. your counter argument is just basically throwing a tantrum, calling people faggots, and ignoring or purposely misinterpreting overwhelming volumes of peer reviewed professional research spanning many different types of organizations

Any evidence that vegan diet is better than simply reducing meat consumption? Currently I only eat meat every other day. Would going full vegan actually make me any healthier in the long term?

no one is 'buttdevastated' because of faggot propaganda. why would we be?

if you haven't learned to filter out the vast amount of absolutely meaningless noise that you're subjected to, including bullshit about this kind of thing, it's only you that will come to harm, not people wise enough to ignore the ruckus.

you got memed. period.

What proof do you have that this is a ruckus, though? I'm not here to support either side, I'm just genuinely interested in why you refuse to believe in the institutions listed above.

It begs the question, what sort of studies from what sort of institution would make you change your mind?

>muh proof

proof is a fucking meme. magicians 'prove' impossible shit for a living. billions of bullshit ideas have been 'proven'. you're not some special snowflake with some magical method to find the truth. you just have to fucking pay attention and stop being a fucking retard.

>studies
>institutions

not worth shit. get a fucking brain.

Yes you would be invincible and never die.

>all these triggered meatcucks

Truly the smokers of our times.

The only post here that actually provides information. And besides those, there's also nitrosamines from smoked meals, also known to cause cancer.

Everyone else is almost literally just throwing shit in each others mouths. What a joke of a thread. It says alot about meat defendants.

longest lived healthiest people in the world eat whole food plant based with a little piece of meat maybe once a week, but often not at all.

every other day is still a lot.

And I eat meat also, but you guys are just bad.

So what do you believe then? Where did your source of knowledge come from?

I come in peace, man. You can drop the malice. I want to learn about your perspective if you are willing to communicate it.

I eat meat and I find this post to be a joke. No one should take this user seriously. You shouldn't even read past the first sentence to figure this out.

That being said, this entire thread is shit.

>get a brain
>just believe what i believe or else

that sounds pretty hypocritical huh? and what exactly would be the motivation for this "faggot propaganda" that would have to span the globe and infiltrate every major country, university, and private researcher from the medical field? You know dietary preference has nothing to do with sexuality, right? Oh yeah, and you still havent provided a single source of information other than yourself.

>longest lived healthiest people in the world
Who are they?

Who cares. Life is finite. Enjoy it while it's here. The only reason why I don't smoke is because the constant cravings and then slow asphyxiation death sound awful. Cancer isn't even that bad and if you live long enough you'll get a cancer anyways. Just do what you enjoy and don't worry about death.

Okinawans? Could be wrong. Most animal products would be seafood, I guess

And Sardinians. Who eat meat, and Lesbians (,from Lesbos) who eat meat.

>horrible side effects of meat

such as...?

just fucking LOOK. jesus christ. "source of knowledge". what the fuck is wrong with you? there's no such fucking thing as a 'source of knowledge'. that's all in your head.

you're shit.

>muh hipocrisy

there's no such fucking thing as hipocrisy.

the motivation for faggot propoganda is simply that faggots do such things. it's what they are and what they do. people used to believe in good and evil, but we know know that 'good and faggotry' is a lot more accurate.

Anyway OP, "finding shit to eat that isn't animal related" is really easy.

Here, I'll list plenty, and you'll like maybe a few, maybe all, but you'll have enough to choose from: lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower, olives, celery, mushrooms, brown rice, onions, soy etc.

And don't forget seeds and nuts are also very healthy: ceral grains, sunflower seeds and walnuts are very good.

Lastly, you don't have to totally eliminate animal related products. Fish especially have the healthiest fat, and milk & dairy products show improvements in weight loss, offer you calcium etc., plus you do need vitamin B12 one way or another.

But screw the rest of processed/smoked meat, which is indeed significantly unhealthy in some regards. Occasionally it's okay, but only that.

Lmao, "there's no such fucking thing as a source of knowledge. Just look".
So I understand you're a flatearther? Your whole knowledge about the earth being round comes from sources you trust, AKA well-researched books, your parents, teachers etc.

>not even considering the idea of epistemology & what knowledge is factual and which is not

Must be fun in elementary school.

Basically you are saying you can't be wrong?

you are so retarded i don't know how you breath.

i don't give a fuck what shape the earth is. there's a limited number of things you can give a fuck about and if you waste them on stupid shit that doesn't matter at all, then that's both why you are stupid and a symptom of your stupidity.

i'm not even talking to a human. i'm just listening to someone repeat memes they found on the internet. oh look, he tossed an epistemology in there. oh shit, what knowledge is factual? what facts are actual? what acts are knowledgeable? what knowledge is factual?

lmfao fucking brainlet.

Really though, I don't want to be mean. Just please know that at any time, we may be wrong about something. Which is why we should learn how to know which information is correct, with proper analysis.

>there's no such fucking thing as a 'source of knowledge'
which would explain the contents of your posts. I know youre trolling, so this is getting kind of boring.

OP, I would start with what some of your favorite food is and just google vegetarian / vegan versions of them. Another thing that can make it interesting is to approach an ethnic cuisine like Japanese, Mexican, etc that you dont know anything about but would like to git gud at. Try traditional recipes and adapt them to exclude animal products. This way you wont have anything to compare it to, and it wont taste wrong, or like its missing something, since it will be entirely new. Also tacos.

> he says as he just re-interprets actual words with specific definitions to maintain his comfort zone

nigger.

oh yeah. proper analysis. like google, right?

>which would explain the contents of your posts

what explains the lack of content in YOURS?

>just google

oh right

>what explains the lack of content in YOURS?
check out these faggot propagan- I mean check out these links

I think some who writes like this: "lmfao fucking brainlet. i don't give a fuck what shape the earth is."

shouldn't really be allowed to use the word brainlet. You sound like you would barely make it through high school. Much less like someone who actually adds any meaning to the conversation (or the world, for that matter.)

And, unlike you, I don't spend my days on Veeky Forums, arguing like a teenager going through his edgy metal phase.

So I'll be the smarter one and leave, or at least ignore you, until I talk with the other poster.

What makes you think I said that?

like i said, lack of content.

you have no personality. you have no character. you have no thoughts or will of your own. you are nothing more than something chained to a computer, whose job is to process and route information to there people either chained to a computer or at risk of becoming chained to a computer through the activity of faggots such as yourself.

linking me to some faggot websites constitutes exactly zero percent content.

you are continually posting, and yet you have not said one fucking word to me.

you are a cypher.

this isn't a conversation. this is a monologue. i'm the only one speaking here. the rest of you are just reacting, like chemicals. it's difficult to consider you alive.

you're here expressing discomfort and disapproval at the concept that maybe you should be thinking about things rather than just forwarding people spam-email-tier bullshit that you've heard like the good little social media diode that you are.

realize this. you are literally a human who heard someone say they don't give a fuck what shape the earth is, and then you proceeded to repeat a lot of things you heard because it shocked you, even while you had no idea what was being said to you or what you said.

fucking kill yourself.

Schizophrenia, everyone.

Top kek, I liked this post, but only the first part. Really though, if you'd make them less salty they would actually be enjoyable, while still triggering people and being artistic and expressive enough to be high quality troll posts.

its really fun if you read

>this isn't a conversation. this is a monologue. i'm the only one speaking here. the rest of you are just reacting, like chemicals. it's difficult to consider you alive.

while looking at pic related

>vegetarians literally imagine people that eat animals as katana wielding maniacs

vegetarianism needs to be listed in the DSM-IV

>muh everyone's opinion is valid beta hand wringing post
Thanks for stopping in reddit. Now fuck off

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone

Eastern countries do not have the same health issues that western countries have. This is due to them consuming less meat in general over all. They also consume significantly less red meat and mainly eat fish and chicken. Their main causes of heart disease and cancer are from excessive cigarette smoking.

Tl:dr westerners eat to much fucking meat.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21307610

The epitome of "feels over reals" right here.

Daily cigarettes dramatically increases health risks across the board. Even one a day.

It's a real fucking shame that everyone on ck is a fucking savage

A. Eat meat and get cancer and die
B. Don't Eat meat, get cancer later and die

A erryday

Meat eaters are scared of the idea and realization that meat really isn't good for you to eat every single day. I don't know why. It's not hard to eat vegetables instead for a few days out of the week. Meat is a luxury.

Vegans are just losers without kids or family so they latch on to something shitty to care about to fill that biological need. Same as rapefugee welcome crowd

>eating meat a few times a week
>vegan
Never change, Veeky Forums

>Humans biologically shaped to include meat in their diet
>DUUUUUUHHHH MEAT BAD 4 U

No, processed shit is bad for you. Get quality meat from a quality butcher and balance it out with veg and you'll be fine you dumb cunt.

WAIT! So youre saying, if meat causes cancer, and you are made of meat, you are causing my cancer?

KYS.

You realise that you don't have to get cancer, right?

OP you are getting trolled hard, stop responding to bait and focus on the posts relevant to your question.

>Humans biologically shaped to include meat in their diet

Difference between inclusion and daily staple. Hunter-gatherers were not eating meat even half as often as the average American. Please take just one second to think before agreeing to shit just because it sounds super clever.

try this:
youtu.be/ALWgIcIQ7Rc

so does living in hong kong...

the lungs regenerate, you have to do more damage per day for it to have a lasting health effect, as in 2-3 packs a day for 20+ years with a mostly sedentary lifestyle.

for ex MLB players that smoked 2-3 packs a day will live beyond 80-90, fat fucks that sit around and do nothing and smoke 2 packs are the ones that actually get heart/lung problems at 50