China Leaps Forward in Genetically Purer Babies (PGD w IVF)

Latest issue of nature has a great article on China's explosive growth in the eugenics field.
nature.com/news/china-s-embrace-of-embryo-selection-raises-thorny-questions-1.22468

The country’s central government and its current 5-year plan has made reproductive medicine, including PGD, a priority

estimates from leading PGD providers show that China’s use of the technique already outpaces that in the United States, and it is growing up to five times faster. Qiao’s clinic alone now performs more procedures with PGD each year than all of the United Kingdom. The ever-present spectre of eugenics lurks in the shadows. But in China, although these concerns are considered, most thoughts are focused on the benefits of the procedures.

And China’s uptake is growing fast. At CITIC-Xiangya, the number of preimplantation testing procedures rose by 277% over just 2 years,

In the West, PGD still raises fears about the creation of an elite genetic class, and critics talk of a slippery slope towards eugenics, a word that elicits thoughts of Nazi Germany and racial cleansing. In China, however, PGD lacks such baggage. The Chinese word for eugenics, yousheng, is used explicitly as a positive in almost all conversations about PGD.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Belyayev_(zoologist)#Belyayev.27s_fox_experiment
youtube.com/watch?v=yBACqpTEzT8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Autosomal_recessive_disorders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyferth_study
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>curing shitty diseases that were never curable before
>this somehow gets spun as something bad just because chinks do it

get ready for the west vs east issue to evolve into THE VIRGIN WESTERNER vs THE CHANG CHINAMAN

This belongs on sci because nature is a very respected scientific journal and the topic is important to biology

We /eugenics wars/ now.

No

We /eugenic china/ while the west debates if it's unfair.

What can you expect from americans
Everything is them vs us

Because the implications applicable to international competition are very clear

cant say i expected anything less
or anything more as in the case for americans

Is there a country that doesn't think in these terms or human who wouldn't? I think higher intelligence societies might transcend such notions as country but who knows. Right now our military powers are still organized by country in a potentially unstable configuration that makes it a very important topic.

Ok, let's say eugenics become a thing and those genetically modified do get snobby and go Hitler in our asses. So what? If all love children die out wouldn't that make mankind, as a whole, an objectively superior species?

yes and it's inevitable that it happens unless humanity ends.

So, why are we not pushing this then?

I really should sign up for some Chinese lessons.

Is it best learn Mandarin or Cantonese?

cantarin

mandonese

Literally my first thought.

It sounds bad for the electorate, China, on the other hand, isn't a democracy, so they do whatever they want.

There's no way the west won't go full eugenics, here is why:

China is a geopolitical foe of the US, they aren't really interested in world domination but they want Pacific domination, that may push other asian countries like Japan into the eugenics race. Russia does not need the public to like eugenics, if Putin wants it, it's done. You'll have all non-western powers going eugenic and this will 100% push the US(I believe this is already happening, but it's all closed doors). If the West don't go eugenics they'll be absolutely BTFO geopolitically, you'll have countries with 115 average IQ and super armies, Israel will be on board for sure. The public opinion will not even matter since it will become simply geopolitics like nuclear weapons. This eugenic race will be really good for our species in the long run. Do you really think Merkel will just let Russia become 2000 times more powerful than Germany? Hell no, she will be doing all behind closed doors and soon the EU super army will be as powerful as the Chinese.

Thanks based China.

The idea that the West will remain ultra-cucked is simply childish. You'll have democratic politicians making emotional speeches about how eugenics is evil and then turning 180º when in power the same way Obama did with the wars. Opinion or ethics will give place to cold geopolitical calculations and soon super-humans will be a reality. The countries that won't do it are the ones that have no geopolitical significance like Brazil and Mexico, meanwhile US, Israel, EU, Russia, Japan, China and North Korea will all go full eugenics.

The jews are scared of it. It would mean an end to their slave mongrel race and save white people forever.
Really, how shitty of an argument is it? I don't want other people to be immune to aids because I'm not! reeee!
really?
Get over it, by the time they are superior enough to completely outclass you you will already be dead, or living off welfare from what they produce.

People with bad genes won't like this, no one will want their shitty genes and they'll sonn be extinct. Everytime you see someone crying over how evil eugenics are you are looking to a genetic loser.

>Thanks based China.
Eh, you know they will breed asians for geniuses and blacks for athletes right? White people are going extinct.

Tribalism won't be erased with better genetics, remember that nazi Germany had top tier genetics and they were tribalist as fuck. Also remember that the ones doing the eugenics will be the governments, no government would want to select genes that would make their people less loyal to the nation. So no, nations will still be a thing(or at least some sort of tribe-like structure like a post-nation or something).

Nope, a bunch of the best genes are with white people. And if you weren't such a retard you would know that I was making the case that China will start a global eugenic race not that China will alone become a genetic super-power. If you look at actual war stats you would notice that whites are by far the best warrior race in this planet at the moment.

No, they are Stacies, who know they will be forced to give birth to the son of 150IQ incel.

>If you look at actual war stats
>Whites used bombs and guns in wars against people with spears

Wew lad I can't believe whites won when all the odds were against them. Spears are hella tough, no bullets can beat them kek.

WHITE SUPERIORITYYYY

>Here comes the retard who does not understand history.

Romans had a bunch of bombs when they conquered the entire mediterranean?

also, what about how the Anglos fucked China? Why did the brits absolutely BTFO China? They had bombs and gunpowder, what happened?

Rome was mixed race, mostly black.

WE

You had better technology, not better genes. Why are blacks today better at athletics? You know why.

Do you think that the spanish conquista can be explained only with "muh gunz and bombs"? The spanish had 508 men and only 14 guns, but somehow they BTFO 6 million aztecs. This is the power of the war mind of the europeans.

No. It can be explained with muh guns, bombs and diseases.

WUZ

Citizens of the Roman Empire

hahahahahaha

so, somehow the natives can be killed by the european diseases but the europeans can't be killed by native diseases? That sounds like genetic superiority to me.

Rome never conquered subsaharian Africa territory. North Africa is inhabited mostly by caucasoids. Most romans of the period had DNA genetically similar to those living in the mediterranean lands today: white caucasoids(not nordics). Your claim is totally baseless. The mention of blacks by roman literature is very very rare and most of the documents point to a clearly white civilization. Also, despite stupid baseless claims, the DNA of the ancient romans best match the DNA of italians today than any other country, despite the stupid common myth that italians are not related to romans in anyway the actual evidence shows a clear link between the modern and the ancient people living in the region with very low black or arab admixture.

Natives did not have big plagues like Europe. See CGPGrey. Hey, he is white so you have to listen to him.

Both stupid nordics(ice niggers) and niggers(actual niggers) try to rob the conquests of the mediterranean people by claiming that they somehow were the real romans. Such stupid claims could only come from such savage low cultures who, because of the lack of actual history, resort to stupid racial propaganda.

Plagues made us stronger, eugenics 101. Does not matter what events made us stronger than them, the fact is that whites were much stronger than them.

But today we all have the same resistances. I simply said that blacks would be bred for strength in the new eugenics states. And for intelligence asians would be bred. Whites are a weird middle ground, not as smart and not as strong. Also small penises. There is no reason at all to breed whites when you can breed the other races.

Heck put a bit of effort in mixing blacks and asians and you have the ubermensch.

Wait. Allow to fix my post.
For men we would breed an asian and black mix. But when it comes to women, black women are disgusting desu. The best women are white and asian, so for top tier sex cattle we would breed whites and asians.

I guess white woman can stay. We will take good care of them for you haha.

You have a bunch of genes in the human body. A bunch of the best genes are with whites, I can assure that. height genes, for example, will probably come from the dutch. Also, even tho when it comes to high IQ, the asians have an advantage, the genes will still probably come from Ashkenazi jews(smarter than asians). Here are a few things that we should probably get from whites:
>swimming ability
>raw strenght(Iceland)
>longevity(ashkenazi)
>height(netherlands)
>intelligence(ashkenazis again)

Whites dominate strongmen competitions, we have the strongest men. We also dominate height. But yes, when it come to athletics and raw IQ there are better genes around(not if you consider ashkenazis whites, then we dominate intelligence).

We really do need to stop being such twats and saying its nazi like and incorrect to do this kind of thing. We need to stop supporting downs syndrome children and acting like they are normal people and that it is ok for them to reproduce. It is not, we are letting that kind of shit ruin our population.

we already know where the chin genes will come from:

>After over 40 generations of breeding, in short, Belyayev produced "a group of friendly, domesticated foxes who 'displayed behavioral, physiological, and anatomical characteristics that were not found in the wild population, or were found in wild foxes but with much lower frequency….Many of the domesticated foxes had floppy ears, short or curly tails, extended reproductive seasons, changes in fur coloration, and changes in the shape of their skulls, jaws, and teeth. They also lost their 'musky fox smell'."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Belyayev_(zoologist)#Belyayev.27s_fox_experiment

Intelligence isn't a stat. Laugh all you want but different races dominate different games that are more about the mind. Shooters are with whites, fight games are with Asians and blacks, ping pong is dominated by the Chinese, etc
Also askhenazi brain needs a nice polishing, they have way higher chance of having many psychological diseases.

Make Dog Girls Real!
Awoooo!
youtube.com/watch?v=yBACqpTEzT8

Awoo!

Agreed, the ashkenazi genes are powerful but also carry some nasty diseases. We will need black genes for boxing and white genes for shooting.

>Israel will be on board for sure
>implying they haven't been doing it for decades
proper goy thinking

Italy and north Africa and Anatolia were large, fertile and highly populated. The middle east was small when you take away the useless lands. Spain was mountainous and had a low population. Lydia and Egypt were easy to conquer bit not maintain, it was somewhat independent inside the Roman Empire. France was just weak because of their lack of technology. The Punic wars saw many more roman's die than Carthaginians, Carthage could have won DESU.

>spectre of eugenics

Oh no, eugenics is bad! Fucking retards. As with every fucking thing ever, do it before China does it or you'll regret it later.

Because we are pushing against GMO to gain misinformed votes, we can't suddenly say human GMO is fine. Fortunately conservatards won't either with their biblic bullshit and playing god tralala.

Both will do it behind closed doors. It's inevitable. It's geopolitics, ethics won't be important in this issue, just during speeches.

Democrats and Republicans have no power over geopolitics, they'll just bend over to the generals as always.

>haven't been doing it for decades
Ashkenazi Jews have been doing Eugenics for centuries.
To select by breeding the Best & superior
PHENOTYPE.

Have they though? Its more because of a craving toward a certain phenotype than a selection based entirely on logic

This. A 1000 times this.

The Odin. Look her up.

Basically you were born right on time to die in the Eugenics Wars at the hands of a genetically enhanced central Asian warlord overman who will eventually lose and then be put on a space shift to drift in space for two centuries that eventually a star ship captain will discover who will then...

Make Animes Real!

I aree wholeheartedly. But please notice that your argument also apply to stop supporting niglets.

Not him but tribalism is something that will take a long ass time to be bred out of us by natural means.
Tribalism will still be important situationally, but what we don't need is the frothing at the mouth tribalism that we fall victim to today

You should already model humanity as a slave race to technology. Average human is now completely enslaved to such tech signals. Internet Memes have completely occupied every brain under the age of 25.

The entire system is becoming less human driven day by day. Soon AI systems will replace more and more of the functional system like driving, seeing (surveillance) etc. We will just be reactive functions now subservient to greater systemic forces. Completely hooked up to the gloabl hive mind.

If your point is that tribalism could be useful but it shouldn't control us, I have to agree 100%. But that can be said about most human traits, I think we need more self control.

yes, but /the eugenic wars/ may change this.

Yeah that's my point, more succinctly.

Commie Super Commandos soon

We're fucked aren't we?

If I can't enhance myself through genetics, why should I care about others doing it?
I only hope I can live long enough for synthetic upgrades.

No
At least not as of yet
China doesn't really give a fuck about having their hand in everything except to enrich their country
That I can tell anyway
China's probably happy to play second fiddle
>no expectation to be world police
>don't need to spend massive percent of budget for military in order to fulfill world police
>if you do something slightly wrong the world economy and governments aren't going to shit the bed over it

this.

We had other instances during history were one could say that the chinese empire was the greatest power in the world. During those periods China had bigger landmass and wealth than the western powers. The fact is that during none of those periods China decided to expand beyond the Pacific, they were more than satisfied being a local power, different from the westerns who were pretty quick to go for world domination. If history told us something is that the periods of chinese supremacy are nothing more than periods where the West is weak, China won't conquer shit, they'll stay quiet until some western power comes back as superpower.

Any bullcrap about some sort of Chinese global conquest should be looked upon with skepticism, since those events never happened in the past even during similar circunstances.

They have been doing it for at least a decade, why else would they be going all around the world trying to find surrogate mothers?

I actually had a prophetic dream about this, Chinese made whites extinct in a war, but later just genetically modified asians to be more intelligent and reasonable, and eventually they just ended up with white people again. So Chinese after they replace us, will just evolve into white people.

China is not the same as it was in the past, and neither is the world. History only has limited lessons.

Race mixing causes genetic defects and is unhealthy, don't think about splicing entire genomes, think more of splicing individual genes into a single race. Most likely the new master race will either be white or asian, but they will have a tiny amount of super genes embedded in them from every different race, but for the most part they will be pure, either 99% asian or 99% white.

Seriously, race mixing causes a 5 IQ point drop, stops you from getting organ transplants and makes you physically weaker.

>organ transplant
I don't think anyone wants to be in that situation. If a pure White person ended up in that situation naturally then they are clearly a genetic failure.
Also, it depends on what races were mixing when it comes to IQ. A low IQ White mixing with a high IQ Asian might result in an offspring that is lower IQ than the Asian and higher IQ than the White. Similar arguments can be made about height, strength, etc.

We'll see what you're saying in 25 years when these "superior" human beings all turn out infertile.

>Race mixing causes genetic defects.
Inbreeding causes hundreds of recessive genetic diseases. Such as Phenylketonuria and Sickle cell disease
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Autosomal_recessive_disorders
Inbreeding cause genetic diseases.
While I never heard about genetic diseases from race mixing.

Also remember that Inbreeding can cause
>recessive genetic deficiencies as
Color blindness.

No, the study proved different races on average when mixed causes a 5 point IQ drop. Can't be arsed to find the original study, but it was intended to disprove the racist notion that race mixing created superior genetic hybrids, when they were actually stupider on average.

So if a white with an IQ of 90 mixes with an asian of IQ 110, the result is 95, not 100. You can go ahead and spend a few hours on google searching for the study I didn't bookmark, I'm going bed.

Procreating with other whites isn't inbreeding, PETA wanted race mixed hybrid fishes illegal since they can't eat food properly and are likely in pain.

You've got to give me a little bit more go on than that. What races was the study based on?

If you are talking about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyferth_study
then it makes perfect sense. The race mixing was between Whites and Blacks.

That's not it, it wasn't /pol/ lying either, since again, the study was originally used to disprove a racist notion that hybrid races were superior, but accidentally ended up proving a separate racist notion, that pure races were in fact superior. If you know anything about biology, then you know most species choose to biologically isolate themselves even when interbreeding is possible, this is a strategy to keep their genes pure for their specific environment that they are adapted too, humans also are the same but for cultural reasons it's suppressed and hated when people want to racially (not culturally) isolate themselves.

I might try to find it tomorrow and post it here. I'm also partially race mixed (not pure white) and am posting this junk.

>I'm also partially race mixed (not pure white)
if it's white+jewish mix then it's ok.

Your post is stupid.

They never had similar circumstances. No one has had similar circumstances. The closest is USA at the end of WW2 with exclusive ability of the A-bomb.

The Chinese as any rational thinker would will come to the conclusion that global domination is of utmost need for any stability or defense.

If they get a large enough advantage over the rest of the world it would be a tremendous mistake not to destroy/conquer/etc to ensure that the lead is never lost.

It is only the most stupid and ignorant person who would squander a lead like the liberal world order did. China will clearly see the pattern. They used to not be the super power of the world. If they become the super power they will reasonably assume it might be challenged in the future. Hence they would take steps to make that challenge impossible via war or other measures.

They definitely won't export wealth and exchange technology with their rivals like libtard world order did, and we all know who controlled that world order.

China will not be a minority in control or undue influence. IT will all be Chinese. They will not have the same perspective as Lib world order did.

They will crush any resistance and never stop until they have no risk of losing control again. Keep in mind if for some reason this is before General AI they will have a million more reasons to conquer the world and destroy any competition than otherwise.

The next society that can "press the button" will press the button. They won't sit back and wait for their enemies to get atomic bombs. They will simply attack with the advantage and win.

Goddamn monkeyeaters.

>everyone would just kill everyone else!!
Try not to cut yourself on that edge you 15 year old

It doesn't have to be killing but that is within the realm of what would be rational.

can someone reassure me this wont happen in the next 70 years

70 years is incredibly pessimistic

If you believe computers have had a rapid development just understand this technology is growing at a far faster rate than moore's law.

so take the changes you see that computing have caused over the past 70 years and understand genetics will have a bigger impact over the same time scale.

>How dare they cure genetic diseases fucking nazis!!!
Goddamnit I am really starting to hate the US.
Wipe it off the face of the fucking planet already.

nobody cares about dna sequencing,, fag. kys.

Them damned Americans, why can't they be more like us?