Turn in paper via email

>turn in paper via email
>professor replies: "Too short."
>check with other students
>12pt, huge line spacing, blank spaces wherever possible
>change to same values as others
>accepted and graded

Do professors even read the stuff one turns in?
Why do they fall for the oldest tricks?

Maybe study something that isn't shit?

My papers include hyper-detailed descriptions including how many characters are allowed, whether blanks and dots count towards characters, etc. and our papers cannot be too short, only too long because no one would try to get away with less than the maximum.

>submit paper two pages under requirement
>still get an A

Quality over quantity my friends

>uni doesn't have a required set format for all papers

Word size 12
1.5 spacing
Times New Roman
Oxford referencing

What fucking clown school do you go to that uses page # requirement rather than word count?

>Do professors even read the stuff one turns in?

shitty profs don't usually.

>Why do they fall for the oldest tricks?

because they're shitty at their job

My profs usually state outright that they want 12pt TNR with double spacing

Isn't it MLA standard or something?

If you handed in an assignment that was too short at my uni you wouldn't get an e-mail, you'd just fail.

>paying hundreds of thousands of dollars and going into debt so some guy can tell you are special
Burgers not even once.

It works if your professor/department has a set page format that can't be abused.

>expects me to write an thousand word essay on a fucking painting
what did he mean by this

>he can't write 1000 words on a painting

what painting user, I want to know how much of a fucking pleb you are

>crying to Veeky Forums instead of telling your professor that he is a faggot

It's like you're actively modelling your life on Prufrock's.

>maybe study something that isn't shit
How do you know what he's studying is shit evidently his professor is a lazy cunt

For the reasons outlined in the very post you're quoting.

A huge fucking pleb, as it turns out. I can think of at least twenty-thousand words' worth of topics I could write on in that.

Be sure to quote 'I lift my lamp beside the golden door' and Baudrillard's misattributed 'the towers were brought down by their own weight'. Discuss worship and centrality and the voidal impact of the bottles' blackness.

Good question - why, though bleak, does the image not appear nihilistic? Perhaps not a lament, but a masochistic paean. Etc etc this is easy, you retard.

>he doesn't use size 13 periods and commas

>tfw you will never be this smart
one day i will

As someone who's graded college papers, there's no workarounds.

usually, the word count is really only a suggestion. If someone turns in a great fucking paper that's 200 words short, most profs won't give a shit.

If you have to resort to tricks, like playing with fonts and stuff, your paper is probably going to be shit no matter what tricks you use, seeing how you have a lazy attitude in the first place. The word count is probably going to be the least important factor in why your paper got a D-.

And a minimum amount of words, maximum amount of pages. (and footnotes).

Because the same isn't done in every other place? Please leave, my fellow non-american friend.

I'm so tired of you underage faggots with your pathetic uni problems. Fuck off.

>uni
>underage
questioninghentaicrop.jpg

And you're not?

It's accredited so who gives a shit

>I never went to college, but it's totally cool because college is a scam and I'm too smart for it

>submit essay a week late
>wrote it over a period of 3 days
>400 words under the proscribed wordcount, which was 3500 words

And I still got an A

what did you write about?

Unless it's STEM or some practical degree, college is useless. You think your gender studies, art lib, or philosophy degree is worth shit?

my dick

Your mom's cunt

On my dad's wife who had a heart attack after a coke too much take, and how my dad's wife's death affected me on a personal level beyond other things, like beyond seeing my dog die after it was killed by a runaway vehicle speeding down the very same road I lived on.

>a coke too much take

i'm referring to all od's as this now

>formatting requirements
lol

As someone who after second year fell into a void and went to slightly better than the norm to just wanting to pass I totally agree.
Before my life went to relative shit I wrote short papers in comparison to my then best friend and got similar results to him. Now I can write extra pages about nothing at all and without handling the central concept about the paper just to pass with the minimum required.

isn't page total a better metric than word count anyways

Probably too late to reply but whatever

I wrote on the Graeco-Roman concept of 'barbarian' and argued that it was rooted in cultural differences and prejudices rather than ethnic/racial differences and prejudices, which is what much of the course material asserted.

The ability to talk shit about nothing is worth less.