Really activates my almonds

Really activates my almonds.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_regulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Really though, how do we end tipping?

>ameritips

Am I supposed to tip at the farmer's market?

This has to be a joke
>restaurant owners aren't pieces of shit for screwing their own employees
>you're a piece of shit for not paying them the money that their employer should pay

>server doesn't have the balls to form a union and demand a working wage
>somehow I'm the coward for not giving him free gibs out of the kindness of my heart

Really kickstarts my cashews

On the same wavelength of autism as

How much do you tip your grindr dates?

How about gentrification + rent control? Isn't that the best of both worlds for everyone but slumlords?

Didn't we JUST have a thread where restaurant workers had the min wage pushed BACK after it went UP so they could go back to getting tax free tips because they're cheap stupid pieces of shit?

>Less than minimum wage argument
Employer must make up the difference if wages+tips < minimum wage. Failure to comply could result in fines and/or jail time.

>Servers in the US are paid $2 to $3 per hour because restaurants are permitted to bypass the federal minimum wage requirements.

I like how they put the made up bullshit in small text.

>Really though, how do we end tipping?

Create tipsharing communism.

>All tips for all servers are combined in one big jar.

>The money in the jar is evenly distributed to all cooks, servers, bartenders, and busboys at the end of the night.

>"""BUT I WORK HARDER SO I SHOULD GET PAID MORE REEEEEE"""

That's what we've been trying to tell you all along, faggot, now you get it.

>what is a culturally accepted method of paying service workers

I swear to god the only people complaining about tipping have brain problems. Just be a regular person for once in your lives

How much do you tip your server at McDonalds?

>just do whatever everyone else does without questioning it

How about we only tip people who have the capacity to fuck things up? Screwing up my order isn't fucking it up because it means I get to spend longer there without being a waste of space.

>pay narrow-shouldered problem glasses-wearing big bang theory-watching cuckold an extra 15 fucking clams for his incredible bipedal movement capabilities
OR
>walk 10 feet to the kitchen and get my food myself

I have no photo editing talent, but I want to edit OPs pic to say "I don't sip" and have some similar bullshit under it.

So my boss is paying for our meal (and by that I mean he's using the company business account). Who tips? I'm not paying and my boss is a cheapskate.

Wat do?

That's not bullshit, servers have an exception to the minimum wage because they are expected to meet or exceed it through tips.
What they neglect to tell you is the employer is still obligated to make up the difference if the server pulls in less than minimum wage in tips.

If it's culturally accepted for the whole city to draw lots and stone an unlucky citizen to death, do you pick up a rock just to be normal?

USA, you are a joke, we all make fun of you and your stupid ways, also we fucked your mom.

> they are expected to meet or exceed it through tips.
What happens when the employer includes the waitresses wages in the price of the food and pay them minimum wage while banning customers from tipping?
How fucking hard can it BE?

Some restaurants already do this and report that in general their staff are much happier for it, since their income is stable and predictable and they are no longer tearing their hair out trying to please strangers for random handouts.

Customers are happier to, since the waitstaff are doing their jobs properly and happily rather than with that edge of desperation that often ruins service.

Do I get excellent service when I visit Europe as an obvious American because they're hoping for a big tip out of it, or are Europeans just excellent by DeWalt?

>a POC

white people always getting away with saying nigger somehow

america was a mistake

No, more like niggers and SJWs getting away with bringing "coloreds" back into the lexicon, but calling it "people of color" as if that's any different.

What is excellent service?
They take your order, then bring it to the table.
I'd say thats excellent enough, what are they going to do to improve my experience? Give me a blowjob while waiting the kitchen to make the food?

Do you guys tip if it you get charged before getting food?

Sometimes they have the foreskin to bring and extra plate and fork when the bf and I order a single dessert because we're not fat enough to each have our own.

Most places like that I've been to recently have the payment app prompt for tip.

freudian slip there ya fuckin mo?

>foreskin
Foresight?

>Supporting single mothers why would you do this

Depends on where you're from.

In Europe: excellent means they have you seated and with a beverage within 30 seconds of entering, and disappear like ghosts if they're not currently taking or serving an order.

In America: excellent means that they basically pull up a chair next to you and talk your ear off all night, hardly letting you or your guests get a word in edgewise.
Even if they're busy serving another table entirely they should still stop by and ask if you're finished with your half-eaten food and snatch it away from you while you're still mid-chew.
Somehow this is considered friendly and welcoming.

>tfw i tipped a Canadian mountain ATV tour guide 20 cad

He let us slide down the mountain on our asses in the snow, though, so he pretty much earned it.

Its literally not hurting anybody and allows people from poor backgrounds to live without welfare. Dont "not tip" because of some asshole from some dumb fucking movie

talked to another student at uni who told me when he was over in canada studying abroad, he didn't know how to tip so when he went to tip a cab driver the driver knew instantly he wasn't used to tipping so just told him to not tip anyone. basically saying 'if you don't tip where you are from then don't tip here'.

Either you're going to pay in tips or the cost of food will go up and/or you'll just start getting an automatic service charge tacked on to the bill. I don't know why people are so assblasted about tipping given that they'll end up paying about the same price either way. I suppose you free-ride on the current system if you don't tip, but then you'll just get shit service every time.

I go to the bar sometimes with a guy who rarely if ever tips the bartenders--they remember him and ignore him consistently. He gets drinks eventually, but it takes foreeeveeer.

People specifically want the system to change.
If you keep tipping youre not helping that now are you?

See, I just don't know why they want it to change. I figure I'll end up paying about the same either way. Why do you care if you have a service charge or have to figure out 15% on your own? And at least with tipping you have done petty recourse if you get treated like shit/forgotten.

Why can't I just pay someone else to do the tipping for me?

the jokes on you because my mother is a whore!

also, tip you cheap fucks. $1/beer $2/cocktail at an airport bar, 20% at a restaurant unless the service is complete garbage, then you leave 25% to teach them to try harder.

>you're a piece of shit for not paying them the money that their employer should pay
With or without tips, you're paying their wage

>How about gentrification + rent control? Isn't that the best of both worlds for everyone but slumlords?

What's the property owners incentive for improving the property to attract white hipsters?

>I don't know why people are so assblasted about tipping given that they'll end up paying about the same price either way

The server performs the exact same amount of work whether you order a $20 bottle of wine with dinner or $200.
Why does he deserve $4 for opening the first bottle but $40 for opening the second?

>$1/beer

They're already charging me $7 for that bottle when I know for a fact it's only $2 at the liquor store, why do they deserve another $1 on top of the already ass-raping markup?

God damn that's not the point, the point is I shouldn't have to give extra money just so their employer can afford to buy a few more lamborghinis

Most people rent a place because of what it's near, not the quality of the box itself.

All I know is the fat detective in dark deco batman cartoon likes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_regulation

>I'm not getting tips
>This can't be because my service is shitty, people are just cheap

Tipping is unheard of in Japan
They have a much better culture than us.

I only tip polyglots who can help me with my homework.

I’ve never worked in the food industry (machinist here) but I went out with some friends tonight to a popular local family restaurant where I had the liver & onions, my buddy got veal scallopini, his wife got chicken parmesan and their kid had fried fish and along with a couple of beers, the bill was $52.11, which I picked up and my friends dropped a $10 bill for a tip, which is 20%.

Food was good as always and the service was quick but the waitress only had to spend at the most, 10mins total actually serving us (taking the order, bringing drinks, food, etc.) and she had a few other tables she was working and assuming they left similar tips, she was easily making $30+ per hour simply for walking back and forth a few times in a clean air-conditioned restaurant.

Meanwhile, I’m getting $18 an hour in a hot noisy dirty shop running a bridgeport all day.

Oh, they've heard about tipping alright.
Many a server has lost valuable working time having to chase down tourists in the streets or even to their hotels and give them their tips back.

I live right around the block from that place in centerline, I've never tried is it any good?

A condom bikini and a bowl of eggs.

New Japanese game show: Tip a native and escape the country before he catches you.

Tips are earned, not deserved. Any other viewpoint is objectively wrong.

Source: was a busboy and a server

thank god Trump won

I just treated it like a restaurant, 10% for good service and 20% for excellent service. I knew it was expected and he did a really nice job, let me do a lot of dumb shit.

>Be American business
>get the consumer to directly pay the wage of employees
>try and treat people bad for not sheeping out
Great system idiots

Here's a tip: go to college

Lots of servers i work with have degrees, lots of computer science degrees oddly enough. Going to (((college))) no longer gurantees a comfy office job that oays 60k+ a year the market is too saturated
Also
>encouraging debt
Kys

>I live right around the block from that place in centerline, I've never tried is it any good?

You've never been to Ferengis?

It's a good family restaurant that's been there forever and is packed on Fridays.

You arent a brave rebel, youre a piece of shit thats shorting a working class person out of money. You pay for the food and tip for the service. Would you rather see prices double because on top of servers getting a high hourly they also get medical, vacations etc?

>cheap piece of shit
>waaaah support my alcoholic middle class single mother lifestyle! pity me because I made bad choices but have a vagina!

Tip communism is way worse. Trust me. You don't make shit

Don't you get that you will pay the money either way?

>tfw I almost never tip
>tfw the few times I do tip, it's like 5% or less, often in foreign currency, just enough to let the server know they are human garbage

Cool here's my second tip: don't be a moron. I graduated comp sci in 2013 with a shit GPA from a state school and had no trouble finding a job. Good luck with your problems... over there ---->

>Notice restaurant adds a % extra on the bill bullshit
>Fuck you, take that off

>Ferengi's

lol thinks most office jobs aren't going to be offshored to poo in loos in the next 5-10 years

>WAAAAH YOURE NOT GIVING ME EVEN MORE MONEY WAAAAH
Servers who have the gaul to complain about bad tips on anything less than an 8 top are insufferable entitled cunts

I tip exactly one place, my local pizza delivery joint. They know I tip well if I get my shit fast and don't tip if they are slow. I always get my shit fast because of this.

Spending a bit extra to build a relationship like this is worth it. If I'm never coming back to a place then I get zero benefit from tipping so I don't.

Yes.
Tipping is for fools

Rule of Acquisition #3: Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.

>tipping the bartender

What happens when I tell them that?

Waiters and waitresses will look at you with the pent up rage from all the people who've stiffed them before

They wont wipe your ass for you everytime you need it

Everybody in the united states has to agree to stop tipping, and also waiters have to not whine about it.

A few anons mentioned tip pooling. From what I've seen most places do not distribute it evenly over the entire staff. Normally goes into tiers with the lower staff (bussers, barbacks, hosts, food runners) receiving the lowest percentage, followed by servers then bartenders. The pool also tends to factor in hours worked so say the volume server who is cut early does not make as much as one who works the entire length of service.

First bar I worked at used a pool where it was split evenly between the cocktail servers and bartenders based on hours worked. Barback (my position) got paid relatively decent and would only get a small cut from the pool on weekend shifts.

If the place works on individual tips instead of a pool and the host delegates tables properly the difference in earnings is normally negligible. There are always going to be exceptions to this though.

I've been in hospitality for a few years and nothing pisses me off more than this mentality. A good portion of shitty bartenders / servers never want to admit they provided poor service to anyone. It happens, for one reason or another. I know if I am inattentive to a guest I shouldn't be butthurt if the tip were to reflect that.

Tipping is basically "communism is bad unless it benefits the corporations".

>every server is a woman
>implying people don't serve their way thru university
i think tipping being treated as mandatory is stupid as fuck, hell i've refrained from tipping plenty of times when the service/food sucked. but you're clearly a frustrated /r9k/-ling

you realize employees in Japan get all that and the food still magically still cost like $5 for a meal?

>The only condition is that you must tell your server
>You must
>Must

Who the fuck do these people think they are? What happened to "The customer is always right"?

We gave the entitled and mentally ill a voice.

The wording of the OP image implies a stuck up bitch who needs the forced gratuity to maintain their lifestyle and throws a hissy fit when they don't get their way. Like, walking food from a kitchen to a table with a (even fake) smile entitles you to so much more than the rest of us down at the bottom making min wage. We don't tip cashiers/baggers, Uber drivers, sales clerks, any sort of plumber/handyman/blue collar workers. The fuck they think they are?

The only person I tip regularly is my barber.

I actually turned down tips when Americans tried to offer them to me when I was working in a pub.

This.

>Enter restaurant, ask for table, get seated, waiter hands menus, comes back in a few minutes to ask you what you would like to drink and a few more once you're ready to order.
>Only comes back to give you what you ordered and when you've finished, asking you if you want dessert.

Prompt, polite and clean. That's good service.

Not "HEY MY NAME IS SARAH AND I'M YOUR WAITRESS CAN I GET YOU ANYTHING, YOU FOLKS ENJOYING YOUR MEAL ARE YOU DONE, YOU WANT A REFILL YOU WANT ANOTHER DRINK, YOU WANT TO SUPERSIZE TO THE MEGAFUNTASTIC DUBBAWUBBA MEAL, HAVING A GOOD TIME, YOU WANT A DRINK, EVERYTHING ALRIGHT HERE, YOU FOLKS HAVING A GOODTIME, YOU'RE FINISHED, LEMME GET THAT FOR YOU YOU WANT A DRINK?;

If I want another drink, I will catch your eye and ask you for another drink. When I am finished, it is clear as my cutlery will be positioned and I will have stopped eating. The only thing I may want to know from you is what the specials are, if you offer any. I am not your friend and you do not earn favour by pretending to be my friend.

keep raising minimum wage until waiters are all replaced by conveyor belts

Autism, the post.

most people only tip because they think you're supposed to or are afraid of retaliation if they don't. I'd like to see an experiment where instead of leaving your tip on the table where the waitress can see how much you left, there would be a bunch of jars right by the door where they can't see from the floor. there could be one for the kitchen staff too. I bet the actually hard working ones would still get tips, but most of them wouldn't get shit.

I don't tip.

...because I live in Japan.

...and I don't tip in America either, because you American waitresses are a hundred times slower, less polite, more surly, and make more mistakes than Japanese waitresses. Learn to be good at your job, it literally takes no skill at all, you community college drop out.

The problem is people are such huge cucks. I have dined with all sorts of people who and received really shitty service and they still gave *only a 10 percent tip*

It's ridiculous that people still feel obligated to tip when the service is shitty at that points you may as well tack on a charge.

Tipping in the US is essentially mandatory without actually being stated as such. Businesses expect prices to be 10 to 20% higher than what they list, and pay their waitstaff less to compensate for tipping. If we eliminated tipping overnight, prices would just go up to compensate for the lost revenue. I'm assuming it sticks around because of social traction, and the lower prices might trick people into feeling like the meal is cheaper even if it's not.

It's a retarded system because it allows customers to just decide they want to pay less than the expected cost of the meal, but if you don't mind coming off as a cheap prick, go ahead and take advantage of it.