So I just ate this at a "Japanese" restaurant

So I just ate this at a "Japanese" restaurant.

2 questions

What is the dark red/white thing on the left side and what is the thing with tentacles? After I ate, I asked for a single serving of squid and octopus and found out that tentacle thing aren't those.

Also why is every Japanese restaurant in Edmonton owned by Chinese people? Every single fucking person there was Chinese.

>red/white thing
Clam.

Nothing in that picture has tentacles.

Brown thing on the right side

Are you actually sitting at the table waiting for an answer from us or are you going to ask an employee

It's a large talon.

because japanese tend to stay in japan whereas every other asian tend to leave asia

Grilled eel you fucking retard. How much of a flyover are you?

>Also why is every Japanese restaurant in Edmonton owned by Chinese people?

Western Canada has an enormous Chinese immigrant population and the American Chinese restaurant scene is actually heavily networked and organized.

If you want Japanese owned Japanese restaurants you'll have to look further east.

Because Japan is rich.

>flyover
LMAO This fucking retarded didn't even read the OP

What country is Edmonton in, dumbass?

>network and organized
What do you mean?

>Edmonton
Ayy same

Man I live in a downtown apartment complex and like 3 F16s flew over my building today
Loudest shit I've ever heard in my life, I thought it was a terrorist attack or something.
It was just an airshow thing for the eskimos game.

Also I just looked outside and now there are fireworks

what the fuck you talking about, there are more Japanese in western Canada then in eastern Canada. OP's province has the 3rd largest population of Japanese in Canada.

CF18s.

I was asleep but when they flew over the city I was thinking, ah that's a military jet.

Many asian restauants were opened with the collective effort of asian people trying to use the loophole in the chinese exclusion act, which let you stay and be left alone if you owned a business.

Yeah that shit is spooky af. The best yeg sushi imo is ichi ban, and it's decently priced too.

I was downtown for that too

Op here
Wikipedia says there are only 2000 Japanese in the entire fucking city

Is it run by actual Japanese people?

Clearly some place less relevant than Flyover, USA

>Edmonton

Stick to your beef and leave the seafood to BC.

Also if you live in Edmonton and don't get some kielbasa from Stawnichy’s on a regular basis then I hate you.

Go fuck yourself, Widynowski's is far superior to Stawnichy's.

>slavs
>white

Edmonton Veeky Forumsmeetup sometime soon?

Slavs are the closest to white nowadays

now?
im drinking come hang out with me
whats your skype or something?

my skype is ethylenetetric.acid

add me pls

Im trying to fall asleep xD hut it's too hot

get a fan senpai

See the issue is that a wealthy Chinese person comes across as Japanese, and a poor Japanese person comes across as Chinese.

He's from Alberta so he can't help that he's cultureless and stupid.

Yeah but all of those Japanese are in the mountains not the ugly plains that are full of retarded hicks.

kys

I bet you're a brain damaged leftist

Surf clam.

Unagi (grilled eel)

Lol, thx for the laff, m8

>implying all flyover places are in the US
Dumbass.

Oilfield worker detected, I hope you're saving and not just spending it all on televisions and expensive liquor. It's not going to last.

Look i'm not trying to be rude here, i'm just stating the facts, Albertans are brainlets. Just look at your health cards their made of paper.

He's implying that no one cares about Edmonton which is true

> le big mall
> le oil

>Just look at your health cards their made of paper.
w-we're just e-environmentally friendly....

I think so. It doesn't strike me as Japanese at all.