Redpill me on lard. When and how should it be used...

Redpill me on lard. When and how should it be used? I've heard that using it in place of other oils or fats will make things better. Does it matter what kind you use? Is pic related OK? Also is it really so unhealthy? Surely using a tablespoon of lard in a recipe can't be that much worse than using a tablespoon of vegetable oil.

Lard is actually healthier, or at least it used to be when the pigs had a more natural diet.

Vegetable oils, like fructose, are a trick by the powers that be to get the populace to poison themselves so they'll believe even the most preposterous things. Like Russian hacked the election, or that the Holocaust happened.

Also lard makes amazing pie crusts. Just the best.

Greatest refried beans are made with lard

mexican food

flour tortillas

Leaf lard ftw

>Fructose
I can't believe I'm biting but come onnnnn

It's not bait you fuckwit.

What do you call something only the liver can process? Fucking poison.

Sugar The Bitter Truth has been on YT how long? The book pure white and deadly came out in the fucking 70s. This shit isn't some secret.

Lard is great but the thing you want to actually pay attention to when you are using a cooking fat is if you want it to impart flavors into the final dish and the smoke point. Lard is great for adding flavor but it might not be a flavor you want to add to every single dish. Like personally I prefer using beef fat when I make hashbrowns. If you want a neutral oil that won't impart any extra flavor into the meal then something like vegetable oil is a better choice and if you are deep frying you want to go with peanut oil or something else that has a super high smoke point. Pick the right oil for the right task don't just blindly use one and try and force it to do everything.

Haven't you heard eating fruits turns you into a fruit that's why they are called fruits dumb ass.

nothing wrong with a bit of lard every now and then. some great pastries made with it.

fried lards the best

You shouldn't ever need to buy lard, for one. Cooking just 1 pack of bacon gives me enough to last 3 months or more cooking for 2 people. Strain the grease while it's still hot into a jar and keep it in the fridge.

The fat from bacon has the taste of the smoke. Some people don't like it, whenever I tried to cook with rendered bacon fat it just made everything taste like bacon in a bad way.

Ur mom was too busy gobbling my protein shake and forgot to teach you the difference between sugar and fat. Sorry bout dat

And on top of that she forgot poisons and toxins too

I think I read that lard is generally healthier than butter actually, and just as healthy as a lot of oils. Regardless, it's very useful for frying or for making pastries/pie shells and shouldn't be very expensive.

yeah how do i find the lards from healthy animals? i'm down with lard, but not shit like in the OP pic.

I don't know what lard you are cooking with, but the lard I use has practically no flavor.

I heard it can depend on where the fat was taken from the pig. Kidney fat is the god-tier lard fat.

It has lots of monounsaturated fats, which is the good kind found in olive oil and avocado.

Came here to post this

*tips tinfoil hat*

Bacon and pure lard are distinctly different in flavor

You mean like sugar raises your chloresterol and is bad for you and fat is the exact opposite?

Bacon drippings and rendered pork lard aren't bidirectionally interchangeable.

*tips biochemistry research*

Live in rural area and have farmers for neighbors. Or fork up the cash for "Fatworks Leaf Lard"

I would use lard in place of anything i would use vegitable oil in. Vegetable oil tastes like shit.

>not having this much manteca at any given time to make delicious food
Shame on u whitey

A guy who lives about 40 minutes down the road raises his own pigs and gives me some of his extra pork fat and meat because I help him with tech stuff.

Dude fructose isn't a veggie oil you ain't a biochemist

Amen to that

I never said fructose was vegetable oil you fuckwit. All I said is the myth that vegetable oils is healthier for you than lard is a dirty Jewish trick to get idiots to poison themselves so they remain stupid and controllable. Like low fat diets and HFCS.

I see it worked on you really well.

And you ain't a grammarian.

>Vegetable oils, like fructose, are a trick ____

Note the commas.

>tfw they just don't sell lard in none of your local grocerystores, or seemingly anywhere for that matter.

Lard and Dripping are good.
Lard is pig. Dripping is usually cow but can be either. Both are p. much interchangable, the only difference being taste and your preference.

Use this shit for:
>shortcrust pastry
>puff pastry
>flaky pastry
>get a good amount of it in a frying pan and do your eggs in it
>hash browns
>roast potatoes
>yorkshire puddings
>fill a pan with it, melt it, and make the best chips you've ever had (doesn't matter about regional wording - fries, crisps, still works)
>lardy cake

The good thing about using lard/dripping for frying things in is that you can leave it to cool in the pan and it reverts to a solid and is way easier to store than a pan full of icky fluid.
If you strain it after use it can last months. Otherwise if you're lazy, weeks.

>FRY ALL THE THINGS

It's on the baking aisle

That's sucrose not fructose you fucking moron

Lard is the healthiest cooking fat.

This

What Muslim nation do you live in to not be able to buy lard?

Guys, how do you call the pic related? I always thought it was lard, but now in the OP post I see that you call lard a thing that in my language we call rendered fat?

As a southern redneck, it looks like fatback to me.

You know he doesn't actually believe any of that stuff, right? He's just trying to get a rise out of people gullible enough to believe he's actually that dumb.

Are you familiar with the word "salo"? I always thought that English word for fatback is lard.