Fried eel is the best tasting sushi

Fried eel is the best tasting sushi.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/henrymiller/2013/08/28/regulatory-overkill-lets-bureaucrats-literally-get-away-with-murder/#55286c395fd3
junkscience.com/2011/07/epas-air-quality-overkill/
youtu.be/dn88LiPOKMc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I tried it and found that its taste was too strong, but I don't like the strong smell of fish in general, I can't eat boiled shrimp or fish soups because of the strong smell.

Why do people like their fish to stink like raw industrial sewage, btw?

I too have patrician taste.

Thst eel isnt fried

It's grilled, not fried.
And yes, it's delicious. My favorite.

Eel is my favorite "medium" strength tasting sushi. I can eat a good amount of it, but not endlessly.
Mackerel is my favorite tasting fish overall, but I only ever get one or two pieces of nigiri because its so fatty and rich

what is it?

Are eel fish?

if fish didn't have mercury and other bullshit in it, would it be the healthiest food?

I'd eat this shit every day if I could.

Are feet shoes?

isn't it really only tuna you have to worry about mercury though?

No, probably only for the cheap varieties
Its better on hot rice

I think it's a bit too heavy for sushi to be quite honest

Ootoro is the best sushi

>I'd eat this shit every day if I could.
What do you think the majority of all of asia eats every day?

all fish have mercury, in considerable higher amounts than chicken, beef and pork

mercury is extremely damaging to your health in even small amounts

japanese people can deal with it because of their genetics and the fact they eat a lot of food that upregulates the glutathione system like wasabi and shiso

>What do you think the majority of all of asia eats every day?
not fish and not sushi.

you think china eats fish?
they mostly eat pork, chicken, beef and cute puppy dogs

>Ootoro
sounds fucking delicious

how much better than normal tuna is it?

Nope, Hamachi Kamal (grilled yellowtail collar) is the best of the cooked fish at a sushi restaurant, followed by Saba Shoyaki (grilled salted mackerel).

It's like regular tuna but more buttery

Otoro is excellent, because it melts in your mouth like delicious fish butter due to all the fat. However, lean tuna has more flavor. Next time you go to your favorite sushi place, ask them for a tuna tasting plate so you can compare the differences between lean, medium, and fatty tuna.

All fish have mercury, but it gets concentrated further down the food chain. Big fish eats lots of small fish so big fish has all that mercury built up. For that reason, they say farmed fish is better, but... Just don't get garbage-sourced fish.

if you so much as googled the blog youd know it was roasted

f a r m

>eel is the best
Anyone who says shit like this is a guaranteed flyover

The reason grilled eel is the patrician choice in flyover land is that it comes pre-cooked in plastic cryovacs, so it naturally survives the trip better than any raw fish would

Enjoy your grocery store sushi prepared by the only chinese guy in town they could find, dressed up in a banzai costume

Not all fish is high in mercury. You can eat from the lower part of the food chain every day and be fine.

id also like to add unagi is freshwater eel which will be way lower in mercury

Smoked eel is best eel, otherwise it's slimy shit

And higher in dioxins and PCBs

But remember kids, environmentalism is for extremists who care more about animals than people. We must destroy the EPA!

t. Trumpies

>that one friend who gets weirdly political in discussions about food

OBSESSED

>caring about your health makes you a foreigner

I visit pol sparingly for its uncensored political opinions but none of those 'rightwing bigots' are this incessant nor do they spillover this often

There's a Michelin star restaurant in Japan that basically just does unagidon

You may like anago, salt-water eel. It's a bit saltier, but the sweet flavor isn't as intense. That sweet flavor is mostly sauce tho, just btw

>We must destroy the EPA!
I'm a strong environmentalist and I hate the EPA with a passion. I want free market environmentalism which is superior and protects consumers more.

You're a massive idiot kys

What if I told you the EPA and their business destroying poliices are the exact reason your wages aren't 5 dollars an hour more.

I'd laugh because I'm not a coal miner so your math is a bit off. I'm making $107k a year and even if you weren't full of shit, I'm really not interested in poisoning myself for a few extra bucks. Take that kind of argument to the rust belt, you might get some people to fall for it.

>I want free market environmentalism which is superior and protects consumers more.
You're delusional.

Man, the concern trolls have really gotten meta

n..no?

>free market environmentalism

LMAO, wat? Let's have big agri/chemical/petroleum/coal control the EPA. Oops, that's happening even as we speak. The pesticide, Chlorpyrifos, shown clearly to cause developmental issues in children in multiple studies and previously banned is back on the shelves under Trump's EPA. Climate change research? Banned. Welcome to free market environmentalism.

>I'm really not interested in poisoning myself for a few extra bucks.
bull fucking shit
The EPA is massive overkill. I'd say about 20% of the regulations they have actually go towards stopping pollution and the rest are just to give bureaucrats and gov officials jobs.

>You're delusional.
Then why was my system more or less in place in the early history of america and worked extremely well.

If ANY company even dared to put a single molecule of pollution on you or your property, you could sue them. Class action lawsuits were very common.

This obviously doesn't happen today.

>LMAO, wat? Let's have big agri/chemical/petroleum/coal control the EPA
No.
Why can you leftist retards do nothing but strawman.
holy fucking shit

>Chlorpyrifos
Under an actual free market, any company that used this harmful chemical would get sued to shit and the CEO would be taken down and possibly arrested.

>Welcome to free market environmentalism.
This clearly isn't a free market and you know it.
You people can do nothing but lie.
see:

>I'd say
Great point. I change my mind gieb monies plox. Here are my lungs you can put the poison there.

okay
forbes.com/sites/henrymiller/2013/08/28/regulatory-overkill-lets-bureaucrats-literally-get-away-with-murder/#55286c395fd3
junkscience.com/2011/07/epas-air-quality-overkill/

Face it.
I'm from Canada and we have less eco regulations here and we're doing just fine.
In fact today is our 150th birthday of being a country.

I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is a go-to for myself, along with spicy tuna rolls.

I usually get the eel in caterpillar rolls.

fuck now I want sushi

Me? I prefer Shrimp Po Boy roll

that's because all of your population is along our borders, so you can safely poison the frozen north and no white people will suffer any consequences

>Food thread goes pol.
Stop this guys. Even if destroy EPA user was not joking, you should not be responding seriously to it, nor to any other idiot who does.

On topic: Eel is delicious. I don't know if I'd say it's the best, but definitely a top tier donburi and sushi.

>so you can safely poison the frozen north and no white people will suffer any consequences
yes, that's exactly what's happening
idiot

>It's grilled, not fried.
Same thing really.

>Eel is delicious.
Why is it that animals which eat junk and carcasses are often such good eating themselves?

Retard

Fermentation.

This one?

youtu.be/dn88LiPOKMc

Not even close.

picky eater detected

Oh, and of you are gonna eat unagi, this is the place to go. It's about a half mile down main street from the station, heading toward Naritasan.

I used to date this Chinese girl (I am Japanese) and her parents/grandparents hated all Japanese food except for unagi and pickled ginger. So to me, me unagi is the most Chinese thing on the menu at a Japanese restaurant.

It's certainly the most rich, but if I were at an upscale place it would be the most boring choice. Other cuts of tuna have more unique qualities.

>not sushi

My choice for best sushi is medium tuna. It's truly the test of a restaurant's quality.

Do you mean broiled?

According to some Australian bloke who is an expert on fish, there is no such thing as a fish.