360 KB

360 KB

Why is my chicken sometimes dry, especially when I reheat in the oven?

>get chicken out of pouch
>put it in my baking pan
>season bottom side
>flip over
>season top side
>chop up some broccoli
>cover it in foil
>throw it in for 45 minutes @ 400F

Should I be marinating it or throwing some extra chicken broth in the pan with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XAZGQql9Dh4?t=192
google.com/search?q=brine chicken
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

45 minutes @400f
you are cooking ot for 20 minutes too long.

too elaborate, this is how I make my breasts.

pan sear each side 1 to 2 minutes on the stove; flip again (2nd flip) throw pan into 400 F oven for 7 minutes; perfect every time.

so 45 minutes is a fuck load way too long.

When I take them out at 30 minutes, internal temperature isn't 165F or higher, despite preheating

ur oven is broken.

or your thermometer is

I thought so too. I bought a secondary thermometer off Amazon and it gets to and holds at the right temp

I'll try pan searing them instead. Are you marinating them ahead of time? I have this cajun seasoning power a friend from New Orleans gave me which is really good, but I basically cake it on top

I use butter or oil to sear, whatever i'm feeling; season each side after flip w/ whatever i'm seasoning it with. Marination is for scrubs w/ no taste.

>CTRL-F 'brine'
>0 results

Veeky Forums is slipping in my absence I see

youtu.be/XAZGQql9Dh4?t=192

google.com/search?q=brine chicken

this has nothing to do w/ ops question. also that video is terrible, get out

Brining helps but OP has a problem with his oven or chicken being frozen or something. Even the thickest chicken breasts shouldn't take 45 minutes to cook. Unless OP is using bone-in breasts but didn't say so?

>lack of brining chicken has nothing to do with dry chicken

What are you even doing on this board?

Might want to read ops question, dingus. Brining has literally nothing to do w/ chicken being dry in this context. And if you think Brining is required for moist chicken you are off your rocker and have surpassed senility

You shouldn't be cooking them in the oven. At least not all the way.
Pan sear first if not cooking them entirely in the pan.

Eat thighs instead of breast. More fat less dryness. Marinade them in some japanese bbq sauce (soy and apple juice) and char them up on the skillet

Daily reminder that if you are defiling your taste buds with Suzy Home Maker Basic Bitch garbage cut of chicken breast, you are a shitty cook.

All me

thanks for the (You)s

>you aren't a real cook if you don't slaughter your own chickens

I suggest cooking at 120-140c wrapped in foil untill the internal temp is 70c.

I only cook chicken breasts one way:

>marinate in Italian dressing for a day
>preheat oven to 350 and pan on medium
>oil in pan, wait a few seconds, chicken in pan
>sear on one side, throw in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on if my chicken is roided out
>remove chicken from pan and deglaze with white wine for a sauce on top

makes juicy and flavorful chicken every time