What to do with an idea

Alright, Veeky Forums, let's say that you had a great philosophical idea that NO ONE had ever heard of before, but unfortunately for you, you weren't in academia. How would you go about making that idea public and:

a) Making the most money from revealing it
b) Getting as many people in the world to learn of this idea?

Completely hypothetical scenario, I know, but assuming it ever happened. Who would you contact? How would you protect your idea?

Keep in mind, this idea would not only benefit yourself, but also society at large, so there's no downside to "publishing" it.

lol why didnt you make this thread about how dumb women are?

see you're pic, they think cologne (the perfume) is the same as colon (the organ) pmsl. Schopenhauer was right

>Alright, Veeky Forums, let's say that you had a great philosophical idea that NO ONE had ever heard of before, but unfortunately for you, you weren't in academia.

What's your idea, user?

Can't say ;)

But this is still a serious thread, and I'd like a serious response to my question. Who would you contact?

I'd go get an advanced degree in philosophy so people took me seriously. Then I'd make my idea my thesis.

>Can't say ;)
>But this is still a serious thread, and I'd like a serious response to my question. Who would you contact?

user if you're not willing to share your idea, then we're not going to be willing to share our secrets for getting published and recognised by the academic establishment.

But that would take many years, and my idea could be explained in 5 minutes. It's a philosophical idea that acts as somewhat of an extension on an existing idea, while adding something that I've never heard or read anywhere. I really believe this idea could do some good, and I'd like to get paid for it.

I don't want anyone to steal it, but it's an idea I've had for about a year, and I haven't been able to poke any holes in it. All I'll say is that it's an argument for atheism that doesn't exist yet. I argue that it could bring America's theist percentage down by at least 15% within a few years. Not trolling.

>I'd go get an advanced degree in philosophy so people took me seriously. Then I'd make my idea my thesis.

If you had a mathematical proof for an as of yet unsolved problem, would you go get your degree in math before submitting it?

>All I'll say is that it's an argument for atheism that doesn't exist yet
lol are u a fedoring???? :)

here we're catholic and proud! dont be a librel

Who do you think is going to pay you? Who are you selling to?

It would actually help religious people as well, that's all I'll say.

A university/thinktank.

>All I'll say is that it's an argument for atheism that doesn't exist yet
>it's fucking nothing
Come back when you have the inverse frequency for the universe.

Math is different because it can be proven or disproven and therefore can be confirmed. Also there are competitions for most unsolved problems in math so it would be easy to go about finding who to show.

1 write a book
2 shill it on all the fedora hang out sites
3 send copies to the popular fedoras and ask them to review it
4 appear as a guest on fedora shit
5. Start speaking publicly for a fee

Post it.

>I don't want anyone to steal it, but it's an idea I've had for about a year, and I haven't been able to poke any holes in it. All I'll say is that it's an argument for atheism that doesn't exist yet. I argue that it could bring America's theist percentage down by at least 15% within a few years. Not trolling.

We're not going to steal it, user, we're going to help you find those holes in it for you. I guarantee they will be there, and you're better off learning about them on an anonymous Palauan Rai-trading message board than getting a stern look of disapproval from an academic publisher before being asked courteously but firmly to leave their establishment.

>yfw this is the Norwegian cabin/pizza box manuscript master troll

Nyet

I'm not, but can you post this? Sounds funny.

>woah guys I have this super secret super well-thought out philosophical proof
>I can't share it because you're going to steal it
You're either shitposting for attention (most likely), mentally ill (see former), or a charlatan.

Fuck off.

>1. get rejected for grad school cause you don't understand philosophy or argumentation
>2. decide it's actually cause you're so smart they can't see it
>3. start a cult and talk about muh statism
>4. once you've got them roped in and they've abandoned their families release your idea in book form
>5. rake in money
>6. give book to undergrad philosophy student
>7. get your asshole blown out by undergrad philosophy student
>8. - 67. ad hominems
>68. go insane
>69. start shilling trump
>70. forget about philosophy and ancap, trump supporters are free money

>my idea could be explained in 5 minutes. It's a philosophical idea that acts as somewhat of an extension on an existing idea, while adding something that I've never heard or read anywhere. I really believe this idea could do some good
>it's an idea I've had for about a year, and I haven't been able to poke any holes in it. All I'll say is that it's an argument for atheism that doesn't exist yet. I argue that it could bring America's theist percentage down by at least 15% within a few years. Not trolling.

Wow this really activates my almonds.

Alright, let's say I'm full of shit. Where would YOU go to have an idea published? No shitposting please.

Please no shitposting.

Getting a philosophical treatise published academically as a nobody won't happen.

Especially one that doesn't exist or can be defeated in 5 minutes of rhetoric.

>Please no shitposting.

Really? It's never happened?

I'm not American, and this is serious business.

Just tell us the idea and we'll see if it's even worth it. You sound like the Dunning-Kruger posterboy otherwise. Nobody wants to steal your ideas, shitlips.

Right, but hypothetically speaking, let's say my idea wasn't shit, and I my name wasn't shitlips. Assuming all of that, someone would probably steal my idea.

>serious business
You're mentally ill. Post your "proof" or fuck off.

Spoiler: you won't because you're shitposting.

I'll speak to you rationally, then: Nobody is going to give you serious advice here unless you tell them this golden idea

If you JUST answered my question, you would get my theory sooner. Either someone likes it, and I give Veeky Forums credit publicly, OR (like many of you think) my idea is dumb as shit, and I post it on here for free.
But first, I must try to get it out there.

I know it sounds crazy, but let's say my idea is remotely interesting. What's to stop you or anyone here from taking it?

I prefer the smell of the semi-colon

>my idea
P: you don't have one
P: even if you did, it's not original
P: you are a nobody with no academic relation or network
P: even if you did have an original idea, and were connected, you're too scared of discourse on fucking Veeky Forums
C: you need to leave

P V P V P V P = C
therefore C

>hypothetically speaking, let's say my idea wasn't shit

I know Veeky Forums is, on 4chen at least, a centre of escapism and creativity, but I don't think even if we combined all of our staggering IQs we would be able to fully picture this scenario.

It's clear you're just shitposting at this point. Get the fuck out of my thread.

This is my first time on Veeky Forums in over a year, so I'm exempt from your limitations.

Not an argument.

Listen buddy, this is an important thread. This idea could help lots of people, you're just being negative.

There is literally no way to publish a philosophical treatise without a name or a degree or anything, and have it taken seriously. Even with the Unabomber and Elliot Rodger, their manifestos were of note only AFTER they'd done the things they're known for. Just email your idea to Richard Dawkins or something. If your idea is as golden as you say, such a well-known and published atheist as he would put it in the spotlight for you with his name.

Oh noes someone might "steal" your idea.

Spoiler alert: original ideas independent of previous thought do not exist.

Do you in all honesty believe that people in academia actually browse Veeky Forums? kys desu onii-senpai

>It's clear you're just shitposting at this point. Get the fuck out of my thread.

Lets play a game.

If you can guess which posts so far are mine I'll give you the answer you seek and/or leave you in peace.

Not an argument.

Thanks for answering my question. Lets assume hypothetically that Dawkins loved the idea, how much would it benefit me?

This isn't /pol/ kid, your dumb memes have no power here.

>your dumb memes have no power here

If you're in for money you don't deserve getting published.

Not just for the money, but let's be honest, if you had a good idea and it made money, you'd want a percentage of that money.

>Lets assume hypothetically that Dawkins loved the idea, how much would it benefit me?

He'd steal it, just like every user in this thread wants to. The difference is that he will actually be able to publish it and make money from it, while we will just turn it into a forced Veeky Forums meme and/or copypasta.

You could request that Dawkins credit you, or get in touch about publishing a book or something. He's famous, but I doubt he's an unprofessional asshole who'll steal your idea for profit. If he likes it enough to do anything with it, your idea would be able to make the impact that you believe it can, and you might even be able to make the money which he would have gotten if he'd published it as though he'd come up with it.

Still literally no evidence of any brilliant ideas or arguments.

If my idea is so great, you'll hear of it eventually, don't worry.

nobody wants to steal the idea. I don't know about you, but I just want to know what all this ado was about.

>a) Making the most money from revealing it

If your idea is "positive" to all people, as you say, it wouldn't be about making money. Money is the problem. You'd merely be a bigger problem in the world, depending on how many resources you "took" from other people to indulge yourself with frivolity and shiny things (that you won't fairly share with others).

My idea was to use a VCR with a read head and a write head. A computer could display the start-up screen in less than a second. The heads would be arranged so that the tape ran first over the read head and then the write head so it could update the image. Interspersed repeatedly between video frames would be images of prompts and menus, so it would always take less than a second to display them. All images would be easy to read/write, as opposed the resource-intensive binary sampling. Lots of images can fit on VCR tapes and they're cheaper than dirt.

You're on Veeky Forums asking for tips to get published.

You're never getting published in your life.

Please, please, PLEASE get a trip so we know its you, then send your idea to Dawkins and post the reply.

I will pay you cash money to do this.

I didn't come here to get a lecture from Karl Marx Jr.

>muh sekret club

Alright

Just write a science fiction novel with your idea as the central theme, then submit it to one of the publishers with low standards and unagented submissions. So long as everything else is golden, because some sci-fi publishers have incredibly low standards, moreso than others, you'll be published

Guys, I have the polar inverse frequency for the physical universe, and I'mma ask Veeky Forums later about hashing out how to test it to make sure I'm right but still be around to say it, but first, I figured it's only professional to ask you Veeky Forumsizens if it's moral to wipe out the universe if it's just for, say, 3 seconds (tops!), or am I gonna be right and a mass murderer? I'd really like to know how you think the aliens will probably take it. Appeals to Cantor welcome. Thanx in advance you guys =)

This is the thread that just keeps on giving.

do a youtube explanation of it, that way u have ur face attached to de idea

This is more fantasy than anything. Don't wanna write a story about God talking to himself desu.

Don't wipe it out until you can get clearance from Bush.

How do you trip?

Just post it on a blog first and copyright it. Then you can go about trying to get it out there without fear of nobody believing you said it first.

Too embarrassed.

See

You can make it any type of story so long as you're creative. If the idea is good, then there's no reason why it can't be the philosophical backbone to a good novel of any type. This might just be the easiest path, even if writing a novel is no easy feat

>Don't wipe it out until you can get clearance from Bush.
Done. Wasn't very hard. What now?

Now wipe the universe like your mama wipes her pussy after a good pounding.

I thought about this, and there's not much to say really. The only thing would be to have God having a conversation with himself, and saying things he has never said before. Don't want God speaking to the people, as that would be too pretentious.

Get clearance from Bannon.

>God speaking to himself is not pretentious
Listen, man. If your idea can be expressed in that form, it's probably not as good as you think it is. Still, see and fucking BLOG AND COPYRIGHT SO YOU CAN BE LESS WORRIED ABOUT THEFT.

How fucking hard is it? The fact you haven't responded to this point means I know you're baiting with no actual idea. You could write it down, publish a blog, and be back before the thread dies.

guys my arm hurts

>But that would take many years, and my idea could be explained in 5 minutes. It's a philosophical idea that acts as somewhat of an extension on an existing idea, while adding something that I've never heard or read anywhere. I really believe this idea could do some good, and I'd like to get paid for it.
It's probably shit famalam

By your posts, I can tell that you have little to no education. Your so-called "idea" must have no value, especially philosophical, whatsoever.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking that anyone wants to steal your idea, and that if they did, they could do anything with it. Just fuck off and stop begging for attention. Go role play somewhere else.

I'm more educated than you, kiddo.

>I've never heard or read it before
>that means it doesn't exist
user, if you posted your idea here I guarantee that someone will tell you the name of someone who wrote it down 500 years ago.

What degrees do you have that prompt you to state that you have nothing to do with academia?

That doesn't sound very moral, user.
>Get clearance from Bannon.
Is there a particular approach I should take? What's his favourite book on the matter?

>that doesn't sound very moral, user
What are you talking about? She loves it.

Yeah, but if I wipe out the universe she'll have to stop doing it by stopping entirely. Maybe I should ask her how she feels about this. She normally doesn't check on my projects even when I ask.

>yfw after much tip-toeing op agress to posting his idea, after securing his intellectual property through a blog post
>all humans are connected and affect each other, this is the lesson of quantum physics, the minds of all humans coming together form a self-conscious AI which is God

No, she'll be poised in that moment of pounding for all eternity, just as if I pounded her across the event horizon of a black hole (which is sort of ironic, because she doesn't bleach).

I've read a lot about religion, and its arguments, and I've yet to hear or read this idea. I also googled keywords for this idea, and once again, found nothing.

Me on the right.

Click, Clack, Moo by Cronin

Kek, bait thread confirmed.

Shit, guys. We've been making fun of an innovator the whole time and we didn't even know it...

>No, she'll be poised in that moment of pounding for all eternity, just as if I pounded her across the event horizon of a black hole (which is sort of ironic, because she doesn't bleach).
I don't think you understand how wave formations work, user. It's okay, I'm asking Veeky Forums about the relevant parts to that later.
>Click, Clack, Moo by Cronin
Oh I thought you meant the important Bannon. Which guy are you talking about, and how is he a moral example of the universe? If you have his email, too, that would be great.

>it's a shitskin

>I'm asking /Sci about the relevant parts later
Cool, cool. Don't forget to include the part about your mama. I'd be interested to hear their take on the issue.

Not bait, but if you keep shitposting, how else am I supposed to respond?

Never claimed to be an innovator, just that I had a fucking idea. Apparently that's IMPOSSIBLE.

>Racism

Respond to this

>implying the illustrious Renaissance Charter High School for Innovation can produce anything but Innovators

I'm working on that. Just want to keep things as private as possible. What would you recommend? Blogger?

They had interesting ideas when I asked about my project on her weight, even better than Veeky Forums or /s/, but I think that's just because they were the only board that read the notes I attached. I'm really more interested in Veeky Forums's view of the moral aspect of the question because I know you don't like reading about wave formations, since Newton translated science into English and you guys hate translations and stuff.

I don't give a shit what site. Just want to see you get it in the public sphere with a copyright so you can move past the paranoia phase and let us know the idea.

The only waves I enjoy are the waves of flab washing over your mamas fat butt during her aforementioned pounding.

Right, and I will, but for that to happen, I need to find a good blogging platform. If the mods don't delete this thread, I'll post my idea as soon as it's published. But I need to find something that isn't linked to my email, so...

Were you in the /s/ thread?

Make a new email then. You can do that in 5 seconds. Create a blog. Copy and paste idea into blog from your notes. Write COPYRIGHT [NAME HERE] 2017.

We'll see about that. Just you wait.

blogger

You want credit for putting the idea up there, but you don't want a method of personal identification to be attached to it?

No, it's just that there are a lot of us in the world into this topic.