Itt publishers whose books you'll buy on sight

>itt publishers whose books you'll buy on sight.

only Dalkey for me. NYRB puts out some trash.

Delkey is based. The only trash NYRB puts out is social justice shit

they publish some great time-killer books

who?

These and Pushkin Press. I've never been disappointed with either so far.

phaidon

Nórdica Libros

>Dalkey
this

>Taschen
>bought on sight
>broke and in debt
>tfw

La Pléiade, Suhrkamp-Insel, S.Fischer, Cлoвo/Slovo

>Allowing corporations to curate your taste in literature

wew lad this is some late stage capitalism shit senpai

wordsworth. bought ulysses and w&p on the spot. in my country they are WAY too cheap, cheaper than you could ever find even in second-hand bookstores. plus some of the translations are good and they are all in english, some titles are pretty hard to find 'not translated' around here, for instance, couldn't find ulysses in english

Copper Canyon. Wave Books. Sometimes Graywolf but not always.

Some Dalkey books are fairly boring, like most of their Korean series.

Is there a chance pic related will go out of print like JR did?

it's just consistent quality in selection of underrated books, jeez. if they started releasing a bunch of shit i'd get more skeptical. it's not like i'm buying them to show off to the four people a year who visit my tiny room in my parents' house

New Directions and Dalkey will at the very least get me to look at them, not instabuy tho

also Pushkin Press desu

Ah, consumerism. Literature goes well with thee.

If only I could live in an empty square and be content like you, Diogenes.

Wakefield Press and Twisted Spoon Press are the only ones I'd really buy on sight. I'm still critical with my NYRB Classics purchases.

If I am in a used bookstore and a Modern Library from the mid century pops up, I will usually buy.

penguin

T B H

That's stunning, I hate being European.

>reeeee corporations
back to r/latestagecapitalism you pinko cuck

You're all plebs tbqh

Those brazilian writers... Proud of you.

Oxford. Alma classics

It's a guilty pleasure isn't it?

What social justice shit has NYRB classics put out?

Lazy Fascist

Those only make sense if you want the most literal translation possible, or if you can understand Greek/Latin. If you just want to read the classics as literature you would be better off with almost anything else.

tl;dr: stop sucking Loebs dick. That goes for the rest of you as well, why would you fork over money without even thinking? You must all be rich.

Same with wordsworth anywhere dood

Who are these?

what is this?

They're both publishers of experimental and surrealist works. Wakefield is more Western European works, TSP is more Eastern European.

modern library or everyman's, oxford is usually pretty good too and penguin isn't as bad as people make it out to be

Only Loeb prints the niche books—Loeb is how you complete your library.

Sounds cool. Any specific recommendations? I love surrealism

Grove is my shit.

Bloomsbury Academic.

(Not him)
It's not the classics, but they are pushing contemporary social sciences hard from like Princeton and Stanford press.

Well, if you love surrealism, make sure you don't miss the chart~

From Wakefield, don't miss The Book of Monelle, The Leg of Lamb, Disagreeable Tales or all the delicious Pierre Louys. For TSP, Tales of Galicia, Primeval and Other Times, Blaugast, The Sufferings of Prince Sternenhoch and Miruna. But I wasn't lying when I said I'd pick up any of their books unquestioned--I've yet to be disappointed, and I have a lot from both.

Because, like said, a huge chunk of ancient writing is available literally nowhere else. I have over 70 loebs which are all of writing otherwise impossible to get. Some writers are chopped up by cheaper publishers; some aren't available at all. I buy loebs judiciously, but there's a hard line past which you have no alternatives.