Tofu

What do you do with your tofu, and how do you prepare it? Here's my tofu journey, having previously used it more or less incorrectly:

>go vegetarian for a month to break dependence on meat
>get cravings for something hearty
>cut tofu into strips and marinate in soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, red chili flakes,ginger, brown sugar, garlic, sesame seeds
>bake that shit until outside is crispy
>craving vanquished

Yes we all know about the estrogen shit "hurr durr you'll sprout tits" there I got that over with.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewoksoflife.com/2014/03/ma-po-tofu-real-deal/
youtube.com/watch?v=BSfoaXYle3k&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only time I consume tofu is at the Japanese restaurant I like that puts it in their miso soup. It's the only part of miso soup i dislike.

The way it was meant to be eaten

I had some pretty good tofu in a mental hospital they did it with zucchini onions and tomatoes in olive oil I think.

What do you do with your tofu, and how do you prepare it?
>When sober the next day after purchase, I would throw it out and swear off drunk grocery shopping for life...

Mapo Tofu is the nutz if you like hot and spicy.

thewoksoflife.com/2014/03/ma-po-tofu-real-deal/

My favorite way to make tofu is to get extra or super firm tofu and coat it in a mix of soy sauce, rice vinegar, pepper, and garlic, and bake or just microwave it. Absolutely delicious, savory tofu you can use for pretty much any purpose - tacos, burritos (freshly cooked tortillas preferred), with rice and veggies, etc. So good.

The estrogen stuff isn't actually about growing boobs. It's about emasculating yourself - hormonally, mentally, etc (if you eat too much, potentially).

If you liked the tofu that way though no harm in having it sometimes.

Also, stir fry, miso soup, smoothies, "ice cream", fried...

I don't eat tofu because it's junk food. Tempeh, natto, and edameme, being whole foods, are better preparations of soy.

Soy doesn't do much in reasonable quantities.

youtube.com/watch?v=BSfoaXYle3k&feature=youtu.be

But there's usually something better than soy you could be eating.

There's much greater effect from estrogen in the (mostly-female) animal matter you eat, and your own excess that gets recycled instead of shat out if you're not full of fiber to absorb and carry it away.

>natto

You are more man than I, those booger beans gross me the fuck out

cut into cubes / blocks, not quite bite size (unless you want a big ass bite) but like the size of 2 bites. coated in a little soy sauce, then pan seared

inch cubes, dry, roll in potato starch, fry, in a bowl with mentsuyu and scallions.

Cut into thin sheets, really get the extra moisture out of it, then cut again into squares or rectangles. Then broil them until starting to brown, and glaze them with a mix of soy, sake, and miso. Broil them until tge glaze begins to bubble a little bit. Sprinkle with sesame or shichimi, and eat.

I've found that both the flavor of the glaze and the drier texture are good for people that dislike tofu for either the lack of flavor or the softness.

I like it in pad thai, fucking derishus

Spicy with almost any veggies, or with onions and soy sauce

Nobody cares.

What makes it junk food? It's just a fairly low-cal meat substitute that absorbs flavor.
How do you keep it from crumbling in the pan?
Yum yum. Do you bake it first?
This sounds fantastic, will have to try it.

>How do you keep it from crumbling in the pan?
idk, never really had that problem. My biggest problem was when it would stick to the pan.

I use plenty of oil and a cast iron skillet now, and I don't have any problem

It's junk because most of the fiber and many nutrients are removed.

Soy is literally the worst option for vegan food.

Don't eat soy.

My wife usually throws it into different types of Japanese stews. That's pretty much it.

Extra firm, sliced thin, and fried until browned in coconut oil. Usually to make some chinese, thai, or indian style dish.

I make it for my vegetarian wife all the time and I eat it as well. She didn't even like tofu until I showed her how to cook it. For me.

I make spicy coconut tofu soup. It smells amazing while cooking and people seem to really like it.

Mapo tofu with mince pork and peppers

Fried tofu stir fried with vegetables on top of fried rice.

I wouldn´t recommend tofu for men as it has a natural estrogen. But besides that, tofu is also good to put on your twisted ankle to ease the pain.

you my nigga
ɐƃƃiu ʎɯ ʇuiɐ noʎ

the ankle thing sounds so retarded i might actually try it just because i fucked my ankle

sounds ritzy.

It has phytoestrogen you stupid fuck. And it has no effect on male hormones as has been proven time and again.

I usually marinate it in peppers, vinegar and soya, dredge it in cornstarch, and deep fry it.

I wouldn't recommend meat or milk for anyone because they have *actual* estrogen which is carcinogenic. Also, fiber deficient diets result in reabsorption of excess estrogen that's supposed to be shit out right away.

Fried bean curd.
Order it at your local chinese restaurant.

This guy gets it

Seitan tastes weirdly similar so you could try that too

Nice meme faggot

I like to press then rub with spices and fry until crispy, then cut into cubes and toss into soup to simmer. It's a pretty interesting texture, and I like having different textures in my soup. IT basically just tastes like soup and the spices you rubbed on it.

Is this why Asians are so feminine?
Their diet consist of soy beans