You lied to me Veeky Forums, you said this book sucked, it's a masterpiece

You lied to me Veeky Forums, you said this book sucked, it's a masterpiece.

>listening to anything anyone on this entire website has to say
good on you for finding out for yourself

Some of his books are better than his others but none are bad.

They said prince of thorns was good

>He thinks the Orchard Keeper is anything other than trash

Maybe I repress bad memories.

>Man everything's cold
>My son's so skinny boo hoo
>I ran out of beans today oh no
>Oh I found a shelter with food to last years
>Nah better leave it
>It's so cold
>Gee whiz i hope nobody spots us
>Oh no I'm dying
>The end

Explain yourself

>what are spiritual and existential undertones
I bet you also thought waiting for Godot was boring

If you have father issues, I guess it's OK/better. That said, it's incredibly overrated, largely because most critics don't have actual experience with the dregs of post-apocalyptic genre fiction. If they did, they would realize that this is nothing new, and it doesn't really do much that hasn't already been done.

McCarthy has written some fine novels in his time. The Road is not one of them.

>Things have to be new to be good

Let me extrapolate for you then:

"The Road" is genre fiction, and it's not even particularly well written or innovative genre fiction at that.

Much of The Road consists of the tedious, repetitive description of landscape that made up much of Blood Meridian but without any of the interesting, memorable scenes that broke it up in the latter book. The Road has like three or four things you could even call "events", the rest is like watching a let's play of a survival game with no commentary.

>"The Road" is genre fiction
Whew.

The fug
That's like calling BM cowboy fiction

It is.

Of course it is. It's part of the point.

Orchard Keeper is his best work.

That's what they are: genre books that try really, really hard to overcome their condition. You can almost hear old man McCarthy huffing and puffing, trying to wring just one more drop of cosmic solitude out of his desert evening redness in the west--nice turn of words for "sunset" by the way, it's like calling a river "the gurgling wetness down the gully".

>not even particularly well written
Incorrect

Yeah, I loved it. I think Veeky Forums views it as babby's first McCarthy, hence the excessive criticism.

Pls stop

McCarthy fans displaying their argumentative prowess, gentlemen.

Emotionally unconvincing characters in a book that revolves entirely around the emotional interactions of two characters

Please regale us with tales of all the books you've read that have given you such a godly perspective.

He read the wikipedia articles, which explains his simple minded worldview. The retard even misuses the word 'extrapolate' in his misguided attempt to look smart.

>Oh I found a shelter with food to last years
>Nah better leave it

hahahahahaha

Glad you enjoyed it, OP. I loved it too. Not my personal favourite from McCarthy but it's certainly a very good novel. A lot of people like to shit on it here because it was endorsed by Oprah Winfrey's book club, he was interviewed by Oprah which helped it become his biggest selling book.

Ignoring its popularity, the books is a genuine treat, albeit a devastating one.

>lmao fuck prose amirite
>imagery is for dumb teenage poetry
>i only read real authors like john grisham
you rn

The Road was good but Godot was stupid