In the year 1831, Schopenhauer fell in love with a girl named Flora Weiss...

In the year 1831, Schopenhauer fell in love with a girl named Flora Weiss. At a boat party in Germany he made his advance by offering her a bunch of grapes. Flora’s diary records this event as follows “I didn’t want the grapes because old Schopenhauer had touched them, so I let them slide, quite gently into the water.” Apparently, she was underwhelmed.

Other urls found in this thread:

gemini-magazine.com/bernhardtschop.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ultimately I feel bad for women. No matter how much you laugh at the Schopenhauers of history, at least there were "Schopenhauers of history."

What are women remembered for? For getting offered grapes by someone who is actually remembered. Or for there being so many male versions of some vocation that any woman also doing that vocation is inherently exceptional.

He should've flaunted his wealth instead.

DELETE THIS

My man, you can just say she was a bitch without attaching the attribute "bitchiness" to all women. Individuals are responsible for their own failings, and theirs alone.
"Bitch. She was a stupid bitch."
Yes she was, and we are required by the justice of history to smear her name.

>implying any female would want old schopie's sour grapes

>Individuals are responsible for their own failings, and theirs alone.

Imagine being this basic

>muh atomistic ontology
>groups don't exist
>generalizations are impossible

lmao

goddamn...look at those eyes. imagine his pity for mankind. talking to women must have been as difficult for him as talking to educated men, considering his thorough understanding of human motives/drives/emotions.

Schopenhauer was like 40 in 1830's. "fell in love" is probably exaggerating. i doubt the affair affected him much, as he remained superhumanly productive and engaged in the following decades until his last days

If they had sub machine guns in 1830, Schopenhauer would have gunned down the whole boat in rage. He was a pathetic lecherous old man and a supreme gentleman.

i mean the guy wrote WWR vol 1 in 1818. he was convinced he'd solved philosophy's problem. nobody gave one shit about it. did he give up? no, actually he wrote a second volume (longer than the first) three essay collections. if rejection of his lifework didn't discourage him, i seriously doubt a woman really caused him much grief

>we are required by the justice of history to smear her name

Cringe.

you can't stick your cock in your life's work

lol true, but he greatly valued seclusion, renunciation, and asceticism as a means to navigate life (and "beyond")

>fell in love

What a dirty old man haha xD

>by offering her a bunch of grapes
Reminds me of the eggs copypasta

kek

This is true, man was a machine, very few like him.

Imagine such a phenomenal mind standing in front of you without you realizing.

This is exactly why I try my best to be nice to any stranger I meet and to give my full attention to them

Joke's on you, I'm a baker

what if you're that phenomenal mind

No one here has to worry about that.

calling her a bitch goes against what schopenhauer was all about. so what, one girl ignored your attempts to be flirtatious doesnt make her a bitch just means she was for someone else

Supposing that were true, what would I lose by treating strangers nicely? Moreover, by definition a stranger is someone whom you know nothing about - you never know what they could be capable of, whether for good or for bad. It's for this reason that traditionalist societies place such importance on treating guests well. As Homer said, all strangers come from Zeus.

YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL THE EGGS

one of us

but what if the stranger was actually superhitler and he was about to kill himself but ur kindness made him want to struggle on and finally kill billions??

That's neither funny or clever.

Nice kindness faggotron.

just a slob like one of us.

women are worse than bitches
bitches at least know their place

Schopenhauer looks exactly like the Gnome I used to play in WoW

>tfw no gf

she had just turned 17 and schopenhauer was in his 40s

>Only a bitch wouldn't want Schopenhauer's grapes

I'm on Flora's side for this one m8

He had written his ideas on asceticism like 20 years earlier. Why was he going to boat parties to try and pick up girls?

holy shit dude

i think those might be fake so i deleted them

gemini-magazine.com/bernhardtschop.html

Hypocrisy is the norm not the exception

>women are worse than bitches
>bitches at least know their place

And do you know your place?

This is great, though I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

Does anyone know where the story about children calling Schopenhauer's dog "Mrs. Schopenhauer" comes from? I need to cite it in a paper.

*tips*

What did he mean by this?

You can but you'd get one YUGE paper cut Schoppy.

Post it please?

I'm also curious.

So what is the eggs copy pasta?

/ourguy/

>Homer
you mean 'the poet'

>tfw I read philosophy ultimately to impress women
>tfw even the greatest philosophers were all bitter virgins

"Fell in love with" is a bit strong, more likely "wanted to fuck a."

Being as he was the perpetual Hochmeister of Randyness, he decided to portray himself as Dionysus which never goes over well

Wow it's like you've literally just discovered sexism

>if rejection of his lifework didn't discourage him, i seriously doubt a woman really caused him much grief
on the contrary, a man understands pretty soon that other men will not acknowledges him, but still hopes that a woman will make him alive again.

women being incapable of achievement isn't sexism, it's just the way the world is

I've never met you, but I can guarantee just from your post that I can name a thousand women who have achieved more than you ever will.

"""""""grapes""""""

truth

that's just about all of them in the entire span of human history, and for every one of those there are three million far more exceptional guys within every respective field of achievement

this isn't about me vs. women, this is about women vs. men, and men win haha

Show me ONE (1) thing that Hitler did, which was bad

Dat anxious projection and damage control

>"It's not about me!"
Sure thing buddy

sure, i'm anxious, i'm projecting, and i'm doing damage control, i also wet the bed and every day i get beaten up by my own sister and she holds me down and fingers my asshole until i bleed

say whatever you want about me, some anonymous person. it won't change the fact that women's accomplishments have been negligible and derivative throughout history, and that women's lib actually made this worse lmao

i'm a mama's boy too. i wear out-of-style clothes and never had a girlfriend. women still inferior ahahaha enjoy knowing that forever

It only gets funnier.

When your sister fingers you, do you like the bloody asshole or is that just from your feeble attempts at resistance?

Incidentally, here is a woman who accomplished something, for your potential edification

I noticed in the picture she's looking upward but the guy's text bubble is pointing below.

how about this, with each post, we:

1 add a new, unverifiable reason that how i'm a gay shitty loser

2 agree on some, verifiable and common sense fact about how women have been systematically inferior to men throughout all of human history

i'll start:
1 i cry when i see girls because extreme virgin

2 there has never been a single female intellect in the entire history of recorded civilization on par with the scientific mind of einstein, the philosophical mind of kant, the musical mind of beethoven, the literary mind of shakespeare, etc. not a single female supergenius in anything.

all truly acclaimed directors and actors are men. all truly famous mathematicians are men despite women showing high aptitude for math. women have been playing music at the "mediocre virtuoso" level for centuries, often moreso than men, and yet have produced not a single legendary composer, while there are dozens of male examples.

when surveyed, women overwhelmingly say they prefer a partner who is smarter, more ambitious, more successful than them. they literally enjoy being inferiors.

i've decided to withdraw my posts because there's a really nice self-hating lesbian who browses Veeky Forums and i don't want to collateral damage her while upping the ante just to troll some guy

sorry lesbian

Do you really cri everyteim you see a woman? You must have immense tear ducts, given that's a full half of the human race (more in most places).

Again,
Einstein = Franklin
Kant = Arendt
Beethoven = the notorious H. o. B.
Shakespeare wasn't even that good, so I guess Behn

Do you have any more professions you would like to vacuously break down on the basis of gender?

>damage-controlling this hard

Sleep well tonight knowing you have amused me

Well. It's true. It's you who made it personal.

Shopenhauer was known to be a serial womanizer. I'm pretty sure he didn't fell in love with the bitch he just wanted to give her the grapes if you catch my drift.

Way to obstruct the point, you asshat.

>groups don't exist
Has nothing to do with anything except your apparent preoccupation with the subject.

>generalizations are impossible
They are not in general. But generalizing from 'a bitchy woman declined Schopenhauer's gift to her 300 years ago' to 'All women are materialistic bitches with no regard to intelligence' is simply retarded and says more about you and the other sorry bitter loners on here than anything else.

Sorry if you don't have a wife that loves you and values you. Maybe you simply don't have as much to offer as you think.

>inb4 "Woman!"
No. Self employed man and happily married.

>and happily married.
uh oh.

someone's internet time is up, almost time to go back to the cuckshed

If you need to be told, you're beyond help.

redditors get the fuck out

Or he is the one who needs to help you.