How can you distinguish pure honey from honey-syrup blends marketed as "honey"?

How can you distinguish pure honey from honey-syrup blends marketed as "honey"?

Other urls found in this thread:

hudsonvalleywinefest.com/vendors/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

by opening your eyes and reading the label

You can't 100%, and it doesn't matter, because all extracted sugars are almost equally detrimental. Buy whole plant ingredients and you can't get tricked as much. Dates are better than honey. Not good for putting in tea, but you shouldn't be sweetening tea. Good tea doesn't need it and it's bad for your teeth to sugar rinse them all day.

I just started buying honey from some friends I know who have an apiary on their farm.

Buy local honey from hippies. Just be careful though one of them was a weird old man who kept trying to get me to go to his house so he could suck me off.

Buy it from me, I'm a hippie. Then come into my house.

use aspartame and sucralose, ditch honey and all sugar.

Will I get the succ?

incorrect response. honey has some health benefits to offset the sugar especially if you have a sore throat.

OP buy from farmers market or do a google search for reputable products that you can purchase. i buy manuka honey which is fucking expensive but it's the best quality honey in the world

That's pretty much the only way. Even the Sioux beekeeping association, which produces "Sue Bee" (get it? Sioux Bee?) honey, now buys a bunch of shit from China and just rebottles it.

You pretty much can't because honey is just a mixture of sugars. The idea that being real makes it better or "healthy" is rather silly

>. honey has some health benefits to offset the sugar
Such as? Its basically just HFCS

Every farm around me keeps bees and produces honey. Never had a problem buying it before, cheap too. Can't wait the good/wine fest in a few months. Always score whole comb honey SUPER cheap.

hudsonvalleywinefest.com/vendors/

>Industrially refined HFCS from GMO corn = honey

Kys. There are a number of minerals present in honey not remaining in your favorite sweetened chemical soup.

>GMO bogeyman
opinion instantly discarded

why cant you read the label?

Honey is not quite the exact same thing as HFCS, it has a small amount of a few additional sugars, but its still just sugar syrup
Also, what the fuck does GMOs have to do with anything? Do you seriously think sugar derived from GM plants is any different than the exact same chemical derived from other plants?

>honey has some health benefits
Every food has 'health benefits' because every food producer association has paid scientists to find health benefits with questionable scientific studies.
Put on your thinking cap. Honey is just sugar syrup. Do not eat it.

You just have to try some shit honey to know what real is, I guess. I've had some that what was mixed with sorghum, and one that was mixed with cane syrup. The cane tasted way fruity, and the sorghum was bitter, the first time I thought I actually had bad honey. So, the main problem I had was diluted, or "cut" honey, presumably to maximize profits. I eat a lot of honey, it's great.

What the fuck are you on about?

>because every food producer association has paid scientists to find health benefits
Its not some fucking science conspiracy, its that the media is really fucking bad at reporting on scientific research, and that the people marketing health food have a really dumb audience and can convince them almost anything has magical health powers. It has nothing at all to do with corrupt scientists

Don't talk to that one, she's obviously ill.

Honey doesn't drip, it will run into a fine thread before stopping

>Do not eat it
How many eating disorders are you suffering from?

Stealing honey from bees kills the environment, without bees we have no flowers.
Stop murdering bees.

That's why we don't extract honey during the winter.

>without bees we have no flowers
Nice try, Billy. Did you really think your job would be safe from automation?

>Flowers get sex robots before we do.
WHAT BULLSHIT US THIS!?

Put it on water, real honey shouldn't lose its consistency or dilute.

Why would honey have different dissolution properties than other sugar syrups? Sugar is very soluble in water

nigga we already have sex robots, they just aren't that great because our dicks are smart enough to tell the difference.

Because it's not the same kind of sugar, it reacts different, there are some ways to know if you look in YouTube.
Also, real honey forms crystals at the bottom, that's a good sign.

>Because it's not the same kind of sugar
Its a mixture of several kinds of sugar, almost exactly the same ratio as HFCS. You cannot tell honey from HFCS through simple physical properties.

i think buying single blossom honey helps you avoid the chinese bullshit,