ITT Cooking

Post a picture of something you have cooked.

Nice and simple 10/10.

Hachis parmentier with leftover purée. Just came out of the oven 2bh

Plate it up nigga, wanna see how thick, solid, tight that shit is!

You've cooked children?

It's bretty good, my first try cooking it.
Lacks a bit of salt though.

I'm off eating it

excuse the shit plating but here's a rack of lamb with a jus made from the bones, pasta with pesto made from freshly picked cinnamon basil, and asparagus with a little puree made from the stalks

You trying to get laid?

Ha no I was actually just cooking for my family

you make the bun?

About to throw this baby in the oven, brined, simply seasoned, and sitting on a bed of fingerling potatoes so the potatoes cook in the chicken drippings. Making a simple salad on the side with spinach, carrots, and tomatoes with a simple dressing of balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Just something I make pretty regularly, the leftover chicken is good for sandwiches too.

Very nice. What temp do you like to cook the chicken at? Do you use a thermometer?

Tempura udon from last night

Just pulled this out of the oven.

Looks pretty god-tier for shrimp-n-grits, especially paired with that nice beer... mmm

Gross. Don't ever post again

Seems a little harsh on him m8, although I'm not sure what the point of adding battered, fried food to liquid would be

Senpai what's in that broth

Just made some baked mac & cheese.

Breakfast

Gonna make a dry aged rib eye soon

made the bread myself last night

Just broke in my new smoker and did a test run with thighs and drums using mustard bbq sauce, way too much hickory but I learned a lot of lessons. Prepping for pulled pork and ribs on the 4th.

scrambled eggs and summer truffles

sablefish and black lentil dal

Don't do bread crumbs on the top, shred some cheddar and broil it so you get a nice bubble and brown on top. Bread crumbs never bring anything to a bake.

Made some steak for a special night

Fried chanterelles on toast.
Breakfast of champions.

my falafel burger. made the tahini sauce but did not make the bun

nice work, good proofing basket
beautiful arrangement
this is what i've been eating a lot of too. great work, looks nice
i'm vegetarian but i would eat this
gorgeous
i made this it was tasty

This was 11/10. I dont need you faggots to rate it.

why did you sprinkle shredded tobacco on your pasta user

Looks really nice, I want it

>implying

That's purple basil. Its sprinkled on because its delicious.

You cooked those girls you bastard?

Lamb with mint yogurt sauce

How about in the process of making?
>tfw tiny apartment with no counter space

That's quite a photo user

wats dat

The home of a fucking animal.

i want to know what the pizza meat fruit roll up is. the home i understand, it's tough to not make a lot of money and the housing market fucks people over. i feel bad for user but i'm glad he's making the most of his spacae

It's just a pastry with raspberry reduction, pecans, chocolate, and cinnamon sugar.

Quite delicious but I forgot the name
Don't be jealous

cool. it's pretty!
thank you

My first time making dumplings

Also my apartment is actually pretty nice, just all the counter space is being taken up but other parts of the meal I'm prepping/cooking.

looks absolutely repulsive, but did they taste any good?

That's really comfy. Whereabouts do you live?

San Francisco, CA. Fun but very expensive, the gf and I share a 1 bedroom

drumpf am i rite! XD

No one likes you. All your friends pretend to but really they just tolerate you.

Only thing I have a picture of on hand.
Did some home canning for the first time yesterday. I think it turned out alright. Lids are popped down and all.

Made this last night.

Pan seared pork chop on a bed of sauteed greens, shallot, and mushrooms.

God damn both of these look fucking delicious

I like to cook at 400 at an hour and see where that gets me first. This one I cooked about an hour and 10 minutes for doneness. I use a thermometer, but I eyeball it first and only use the thermometer to confirm doneness. It makes me cry when I put the thermometer in and then watch all the juices pour out when I remove it. Wish there was a better way to make sure.

I would post a picture of it being done but I was starving when this came out so I fucked up and forgot.

fucking amazing

The question still stands.

Haha dude incest lmao

How did you make the puree? Just asparagus stalks, or is there more to it?

Excellent plating and dubs 4/10

Bison burger. It was greasy but I lived, bitch

Looks decadent as fuck I want it

Where the sear tho?

so yea, trying to get laid

Feels like there's a ten second window between perfectly crispy, and the mozarella desperately trying to escape its shell.

In this case, I just did the ol' "break the tough ends off the stalks" and boiled them slightly longer than I did the tips, which is to say not long at all, then instead of shocking them in an ice bath, I just went straight into the food processor with a small amount of butter (probably not necessary) and seasoned to taste. I didn't even bother passing it through any sort of strainer to make it fancier. Honestly, delicious puree. Definitely baby-food esque but better than waste. Could probably be used creatively.

My friend devised a fool-proof method to keep this from happening which I've never seen anyone else post online, but I cannot for the life of me remember it. Will ask him and post a thread tomorrow if this one isn't still up.

Sure, why not?

I mean I did cook it some time ago.

Might as well post it here.

Got something like that.

Made this the other day. Mac and 5 cheese with diced jalapenos. Don't know why I haven't put jalapenos in mac and cheese before, but it worked really well.

Beans on rice

Basil chicken

Cajun chicken salad