/b/eer

Beer generals used to be a thing. They were fun. Let's do more of those.

Other urls found in this thread:

stltoday.com/lifestyles/fashion-and-style/debra-bass/a-b-inbev-s-brewers-blunt-with-disdain-of-new/article_6ea145f0-7ca3-5e25-9574-3ff1a97963e1.html
eventbrite.com/e/thai-speedway-stout-and-barrel-aged-private-stock-ale-bottle-release-tickets-34158355561
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got around to trying this recently. It was great. Probably my new go to ipa. Shouts out to mankato

INB5 IPA fags

Never mind, fags got here first

Asked in another thread but didn't get a response...One of my favorite beers is Nugget Nectar but it's only available for 3 months in the Spring. Are there any year-round beers that taste very much like Nugget Nectar? I haven't found any

Boss tweed, doom and double ringer are all fantastic beers. Perhaps it is you who are in fact the fag?

>I mean, bruh.... look at it

Just bought the highest ABV beers in the "make your own 6 pack" section. Thoughts?

How do IPA fags stand IPAs? Shit taste like overly bitter grapefruit juice

Enjoying a resin, shit's delicious.

It is basically an acquired taste so yeah. Once you get used to the bitterness the other stuff elements of the beer start to pop more when you taste it.

>once you get used to the bitterness

I avoid it altogether. Stouts and porters only for this guy.

Funnily enough I hate both though I'm working on acquiring a taste for them, so I guess we're basically opposites.

Stouts and porters can be fairly bitter as well.

>Started working out
>Counted calories in how much beer I was drinking
>Some DIPAs have over 250 calories per
>Would drink a sixer in a night
>Bought a case of this

It's surprisingly good for a piss water light beer. I like it/

i thought it said on the can, but it's only 100 calories per. so i can pound these down without feeling too bad

Can be, but it's not a rule. Scotch milk stouts are my preferred, and those are the furthest thing from bitter.

So you just don't like anything bitter?

Hoegaarden reporting in.

At a 4th of July party with my gf at her parents house. Her mom got me a bunch of IPA. 8.2 and it's not bad. Anyone have any suggestions for flavorful high gravity beer?

That Golden Monkey will fuck you up.

As a rule, no, at least not when it's overpowering, as is the case with IPAs.

Depends on the ipa desu. You can find some really well balanced ones with practically no bitterness to them. The Midwest is pretty famous for them.

Speaking of Elysian, what do you guys think of this?

stltoday.com/lifestyles/fashion-and-style/debra-bass/a-b-inbev-s-brewers-blunt-with-disdain-of-new/article_6ea145f0-7ca3-5e25-9574-3ff1a97963e1.html

>Drank a six pack in a night once
>Wake up super hung over
>Take a shit
>It literally smells like golden monkey
>Throw up

I can never drink it again

I've made the same mistake of drinking too many in an evening. It really does have a distinctive nose.

I don't get the point of it

founders dirty bastard brew is pretty good

Looks like a good hot day beer, light.

so uh, anyone drink beer other than ipas?

How long should it take a healthy person to get a buzz from Yuengling?

by not drinking shitty west coast IPA

quite a while, Yuengling is just a shitty near light macro beer

>tfw love beer
>tfw live in a country with expensive as fuck beer

Paying 8 euros for a regular beer in a bar is painful.

What are you all drinking this summer? Any saisons or farmhouse ales you guys are enjoying?

Excellent summer drink

I like that taste. I've always liked bitter drinks

All the time. Drinking a Deschutes Black Butte Porter right now. I also really enjoy vienna lagers, Pilseners, and various ales.

I enjoy an IPA every now and then too. I really like all types of beer.

Recently bought the Sierra Nevada seasonal pack that has 12 different styles of beer in it. That was really good.

So, if I have 4, and feel no buzz at all, does that mean my tolerance is too high? or is that normal

pretty normal for someone who drinks somewhat regularly

If you live in range of Yazoo, I tried the Gose a few weeks ago and it was amazing.

I wish I could have this in my state

I've had 6 beers and one glass of wine...should i not drive, or is this just "average drinking" for most people

That's a function of a lot of things, but in all likelihood no unless you started drinking at least 5 hours ago and are at least average on the weight end.

The average adult will not consume a single alcoholic beverage this week.

I also included a Zima in the 6 pack. Cause I was curious about it.

How much is a pitcher of beer? Like you go to a bar and order a pitcher...how many cans is that, generally?

what is thai speedway stout? i love the regular speedway stout. never heard of the thai

Jesus Christ southerners are fucking weird, why wouldn't you drink at all?

If you aren't in the 8th or 9th decile, what the fuck are you doing with your life?

my mom doesn't drink. neither did her parents. neither did my grandparents on my dad's side.

but i have a shitty boring soulless family.

Most of them get tossed every night and just lie about it. Former liquor store employee.

1. how do i know when i am too drunk to keep drinking
2. is it healthier to drink a lot of beer, or a little rum?
3. is there a point where i can tell if i am damaging my health permanently throug drinking
4.. is it healthier to drink 8 yuenlings or some shots of rum

Pleb

1. Room starts spinning
2. Little rum
3. never go beyond the 9th decile
4. you repeated question #2 faggot

Posting the goat summer beer

Define healthy.

Calorie wise, drink hard liquor. Dunno about effects on liver

the problem comes from drinking on an empty stomach, lots of kids today fast before they drink so they'll get drunk quicker but they just end up getting plastered after a few shots. eat a big spaghetti dinner 3-4 hours prior to drinking and you can kill a bottle of liquor on your own.

as for when to quit, quit when you start spilling alcohol. as for bodily harm, it's alcoholism that does damage. not casual, 1-2 beers daily drinking or the occasional binge session, but actual alcohol addiction.

>eat a big spaghetti dinner 3-4 hours prior to drinking and you can kill a bottle of liquor on your own
Why would you want to do this?
Getting drunk on less alcohol means you save money and calories

12 pack of natural ice is $6 at my local Walmart. Sometimes I get fancy and buy the PBR.

i am so sorry. i mean, when i'm drunk, it's the only time when i feel alive, and able to communicate as myself. tomorrow when i wake up, my boring sober self, it won't be the same. i just want to feel good. it sucks, but i have to drink, in order to feel that way. and i just want to drink safely. in order to feel good, and feel conntected with others, i have to drink. so i am often obsessed with knowing the best way to do that - it doesn't help I have OCD + hypochondria. but if I can feel alive, if I can feel buzzed, and good, for just one night, then it is worth it. and if i can do it safely, and repeatably, than all the better. i am so lonely, all the time

Try kratom

i dont mind hoegaarden at all but there are so many other belgians with higher ABV and better taste

eventbrite.com/e/thai-speedway-stout-and-barrel-aged-private-stock-ale-bottle-release-tickets-34158355561

you might want to talk to someone. it could be just a phase, like im in currently, but you can usually tell if its a phase. if you think its a legit issue then id talk to someone. that said, a glass of scotch or a beer every day after work is normal. believe me i thought i had an issue until i realized literally everyone else around me was doing the exact same thing.

best of luck man, its not easy

the idea is to consume as much alcohol as you can without getting sick, and retain your buzz as long as possible. the way to do this is to prepare you body for mass quantities of alcohol.

It's a bit more of a waste to drink a little and throw it all up than it is to drink a bottle of whiskey and keep it all down. if you have a belly full of gentle foods that won't negatively react with you booze (curry + 5+ shots of hi-test whiskey = death) you can drink all night and actually enjoy yourself instead of getting the spins and passing out.

also
>money
lol
>calories
lol
Really man it's like you don't have a substance abuse problem

here

I understand your pain man, there was a point due to a trauma I suffered that I drank deeply, and often. It was the only think that took my mind away from it, it was the only escape I had.

I kept deteriorating, and eventually a family friend (he's a combat veteran) sat down with me and we talked about what had happened and why I couldn't move one. He too had suffered from alcoholism until he met a nice girl and settled down.

No dice for me, but I understood I was just drinking as an escape and distraction, and with the help of said friend I was able to channel by distress and frustration into more constructive things.

That's the key. The impulse that drives one to drink can be redirected into something less destructive. Instead of drinking to get away from your sorrow, you can use the same drive that leads you to drink to fight that sorrow without it.

New Belgium Dayblazer and a Founders Breakfast Stout earlier

fuck off to al/ck/

Seriously guys take this shit to the alcoholics thread.

>generals

Having my first glass of latest homebrew batch. Not made anything for 8 months prior to this batch so it was fun again. Turned out very decent as well!

How much is the cost of start-up and creation for homebrewing? Any major taste benefits, or is it just the DIY factor?

Bare bones kits should fairly cheap, but honestly if getting wasted on the stuff beer brewing is not the right way to go, it is alot about the DIY factor and getting somewhere the major beer makers dont go.

I still can not make a proper lager but my ales are getting where i want them. This one was hopped with Nelson sauvin hops mostly and i got what i wanted! White grapes on the nose and taste!

drinking right now, will confirm that its great

about 4-5 plastic cups full

Tonight I am having Dark Horse Sapient Trip Ale. A Belgian Style Trippel 9.5% abv

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Hoegaarden. it's one of the best easily available beers there is and possibly the best thing you can get for that money.
That said, if you can have any other white beer over it, you should.

Yeah, don't know if I'm committed enough to beer to get into homebrewery. Still exploring commercial availability and developing my tastes.

I spent 1200 bucks. I make 45-60 gallons a month for around $250 in sugar and $75 in grain.

It is cheaper than what I was spending on six and 12 packs.

but how long did it take you to make something good or have you ever made anything good?

Barely, and it takes a while to even make anything decent. Also all the time and effort that go into sanitation and whatnot you pretty much break even. The difference being a couple bucks here and there.
Home brewing is cool, but don't get into it just to save money. It's a hobby, not some economical savior

About 2 recipe tries. Now I know exactly how to make what I want. I have mastered an 11 day IPA. I can do any kind of stout, make a milk stout, coffe, chocolate, whatever.

Barely if you do full grain brewing. I'll more than break even, I've already saved far more than if I'd been buying beer. By the time I'd be brewing for a year I will have saved 5-6 grand vs having to buy beer. So, in short, you're wrong.

In short, you have a drinking problem if you spend that much money on beer

If you're on Veeky Forums and you're criticizing people's alcohol consumption you have a dick sucking problem

Not criticising, simply stating a fact m8. Seek help.

I apologize in advance. I had a few beers today and I wanted to share them with random strangers who will most likely call me a faggot. Too lazy to take off my tripcode, so sue me.

This was tasty. Pretty heavy on the peanut butter, dark chocolate, and the spices used definitely reminds me of a champurrado. Bretty gud dessert beer. 8/10, would buy again. Excuse the game, I'm breeding for a shiny right now.

Second was this thing. I like their other core brand beers, so I figured "Hey, they possibly couldn't fuck up a barrel aged beer." Turns out, I was right. I have no idea how long this was aged in bourbon barrels but the bourbon is moderate, so it couldn't of been more than a few months. The bourbon really intensified the vanilla and marshmallow characteristics of this beer. Milk chocolate and roasted malts are pretty apparent too. It was pretty tasty. Paired it with kielbasa, tri-tip, and rice pilaf. Again, 8/10 would buy again.

Finally, it was this beer. I went out to Houston a few weeks ago and visited this little brewery. I had been there before when visiting family so I knew their beer was stuff that I liked. I took beer from the brewery I work at to give to the guys there and they reciprocated with beer of their own. One of which was this beer. Pretty intense whiskey, dark chocolate, and roasted malt flavors. Finishes with a really pleasant mocha sweetness. A little subdued for the Russian Imperial style but really tasty regardless. Sort of reminded me of those dark chocolate bonbons I would get from relatives whenever they traveled abroad. Regardless, this shit was tasty. 9/10, would trade for again.

Who /hangover/ here?

>Had regional drumming & shooting match yesterday
>Won drumming, shooting match continues next week because it was getting dark
>Had glorious pic related on tap
>My wallet is missing 30 euros, that certainly explains the headache

I only like IPAs when they're not too cloying

Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner is a great summer beer, and all around beer for that matter

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA is amazing.

not him but I don't usually feel drunk until the 5th or 6th beer (assuming 5%ish ABV)

Who are you quoting

Anyone ever have Maumee Bay Total Eclipse Breakfast Stout

Elysian space dust IPA.

I was surprised at how good it was desu. It's something I could, and have, drink all day

I've had two recently, both very different in character. Tucher Helles Hefeweizen, and Old Crafty Hen ale by Morland Brewery.

I like IPAs but they give me such terrible headaches and hangovers. I think I might be allergic.

i always hated em until i tried a few. now i consider them sort of ... refreshing?
like i was a stout or ale guy, then i was at a small local event and had a few IPAs and really enjoyed the company and the atmosphere and maybe it's just a fuckin association.
they're tasty to me now and i drink them slower and enjoy them longer. that elysian is not bad, but i love the new belgium ones. they don't do well with my style of cooking, but i dont drink during dinner, only before. plus my state has some well made beers, considering my location especially.