Is there any job more worthless than literature professor?

Is there any job more worthless than literature professor?

>worthless

Kant would like to ram his Prussian cock up our end-in-itself.

I would kill a midget for this job

theater professor

All public-sector jobs are equally worthless.

barista

Please formulate an adequate notion of worth.

Oh wait, you can't. Because you're just another millennial who's got it all figured out. You ironically distance yourself from a real commitment to the literature and smirk at people who really give themselves to a project. You go and work your reasonably challenging job, feeling so smug and secure that you didn't go into a worthless profession. You have the superficial awareness of literature and thought to feel like you're better than most of your friends, but you're fundamentally a coward. You know that you aren't that intelligent. You know that you don't have that many interesting things to say. So you make fun of others you actually try to engage.

Kill yourself, scum :)

From what I understand it takes years of practice and training with monks in high tibetan mountains to make those cute little hearts in my latte.

I met a patrician once. He was an English teacher.

He was a fat, balding, Italian man who taught English to private high schoolers and had enough de facto tenure that he could kick anybody he didn't like out of his class and just teach the rest of them off the top of his head because he'd been doing it for so long. After school he would chill at a café all day long and get free coffee for editing the undergrad barista's papers, go to the movies to see the new releases, and presumably finish off every day with a big Italian dinner. As far as I could tell, that guy had it made.

Bloggers

only naturalists/foresters/etc have any value

Literature professors are inferior to STEM masters.
They are superior to psychology, sociology and other pseudosciences tho.

It's not that bad. I have a friend who teaches high-school literature. She has 4 lessons a day + paperwork and revision. Sometimes she goes to work at 10am and goes home at 2pm. No work during schoolbreaks. Her summers are off. She reads a lot, goes to cafés, parties on the weekend, sometimes on weekdays. She has to work as a journalist on the side to make ends meet, but since teachers' wages increase every 5 years, she can stop that soon if she wants to.

My own HS teacher was the same but with a lower wage. My professors at uni were cool. Didn't make as much as a STEMfag, but whatever. They lived a "literary" life, sometimes more interesting than the students'. Drinking, reading, writing, being seemingly careless et al.

I'll major in lit and language, and we can choose a "complementary faculty" free of charge, so I also take journalism. If I can't get published (hint: I won't be published) I'll just say fuck it and teach HS, maybe write for some tabloid. And that's just because I can't afford to study until 28 to be a prof.

Lit teacher life is lit.

Veeky Forums poster on lit.

Yeah, you can say this now while you don't have to face the consequences of your choices. When you are 45 too poor to do anything, come talk to me, bro.

At least that pays better than teaching literature

t. millennial

>a fucking professor of literature
>too poor to do anything
Lol

define job
define worthless
define professor
define ?
define the verb is
define more
define and/or talk about any
what did you mean by this?

Paparazzo.

Because everyone knows you're going to ascend and became one of the greats by writing yet another Space, Gender and Language in Faulkner : An intersectional analysis.

Literary analysis has been gobbled up by critical theory and is now mostly trash. Autodidactism is the way of the future.

>I can't afford to study until 28 to be a prof
do you mean a university professor?
(I'm not english neither american)

he does

why until 28? what path do you have to follow to become a university professor?

Usually, you have to get a graduate degree, a degree you get after college/university.

ur such a spaz lmao

Doesn't it last for 5 years? In European countries you can become a university teacher at the age of 23 if you're good

graduate student in literature
do you guys even get stipends?