If electrons are negatively charged and attracted to positively charged matter...

If electrons are negatively charged and attracted to positively charged matter, and electrons are the medium for eletrical current, then why does academia still teach that electrical current travels from positive to negative instead of the other way around? What kind of travesty in modern physics is this? How do (((they))) benefit from this incorrect physics model? Why hadn't it changed yet?

It's convention. Too many electronics are based on it to go back now.

But that's fucking retarded, we're going to teach pseudo-science as a society because to many idiots use it as convention now?

Electrons are not the only ones that carry charge. Sometimes its ions, sometimes its electron vacancies in lattice. So better stick to this old convention and dont stir the shit

Think of conventional current as the "holes" electrons leave.

Like the lights in a an old school cinema's movie board

I'm familiar with the pseudo-scientific concept of electron holes. It is the gap between electrons flowing in the electrical current.

>Electrons moving
why havent they still shut down EE faculties

I'm not sure you know what pseudo-science is. Changing the convention wouldn't have any affect on current understanding.

>pseudo-scientific concept of electron holes
Veeky Forums is 18+ m8.
This is like solid state page 1.

>Why hadn't it changed yet?

Well for starters, (((They))) should know by now that electrons DO NOT EXIST as a particle. They have never been observed and the notion that they have a "positive" and "negative" charge in the first place is absurd because it's really CHARGE and DISCHARGE. It is based on "attraction" aka dielectric induction (counter-space).

Electrons don't exist, prove me wrong.

Because it make absolutely no difference for anyone designing or using circuits

^This, only math-autists care about being literally correct about everything, the rest of us live in a world of what works.

"Positive" and "negative" charges, or the "direction" of the current are just conventions.

>If electrons are negatively charged
What do you mean by "if", Retard?

He means "if" as in "given that" you retard.

Because it's the suction of the positive charge that creates the electron force, not the other way round. You can have ground all over the place but the positive suction is what creates the force, and you can have an antenna that's just auxilliary to a current passing somewhere else, but it will create signals because electrons will be sucked with force and sometimes pulled back in.

This. You might as well ask why quarks are only red. green. and blue, and never purple or orange.

(((they))) want to confuse the white man. (((they))) actually don't use this incorrect model when talking to other jews, just to whites.

>suction

It's convention for one, but actually it's useful sometimes.

t. Molecular biologist

(Nerves send electrical signals through the influx of positive ions across cell membranes).

As you correctly stated, electric current is transport of charge, not particles. As electrons carry negative charge, their particle current is opposite in sign to the electric current. It is just a matter of convention and is a perfectly valid physical model.

Not a pseudo-science since the model is still functional. I understand it can be little confusing but it's nothing world ending.
You could find similiar problems in many fields. for example atom which gains electron is said to be reduced, which by our current understanding doesn't make much sense, but it's based on archaic understanding and stayed in the nomenclature, because it was, and still is widely used.,
Overall it doesn't matter, we use language to pass on information and words have different meaning in different context.

[spoiler]Tho, it can be frustrating when normie brainlets argue about oxidizing agents being reactants that produce oxygen or that they are oxygen, while using the similliarity between those words as basis for their reasoning.[/spoiler]

Came here to post this.

If you wanted to shoot electrons through a vacuum and steer them with timed magnet pulses, you better know which direction the particles are actually going, otherwise the timing of the pulses would be in reverse.

Lmao are you being serious? You might be retarded if a fucking sign convention is enough to make you forget which direction the particles are moving out of a fucking particle accelerator.

I was just pointing out an example where it is incorrect to think of current as positive "holes" moving in the direction of the current.

EE's use j instead of i for complex numbers; I guess getting the current backwards is only natural.

We'll encounter aliens one day and they will think we are dumb as fuck for getting it backwards and sticking with it.

You might be retarded if switching conventions now would fuck your circuits up.

Conventional vs. electrons flow. I found this quite embarrassing when I learnt it. Even thought, you need to remember that negative electrons aren't negative in itself. What I mean is that we put the word negative to the electrons, but it was a matter of historical fact, there is nothing negative about the electrons. We could have say that electrons were positive at first and protons are negative, but it's just a way to separate these two different polarity.

Yeah but even in that example it's totally arbitrary and depends on what particles you are firing. Maybe it doesn't make a lot of sense if you are only using electrons, but last I heard the particle accelerators we use to study baryonic matter uses protons. Suddenly the current seems to be flowing in a direction that makes sense, doesn't it? The point it that it doesn't matter because you will always end up with a convention where some particles will flow in a direction opposite the current. It just so happens that all of our electronics is based on particle flow that is opposite to the direction we decided currents should flow. Maybe if we knew what our infrastructure would look like at the time of setting it up we would have picked differently, but nobody is retarded for not wanting to change. It's second nature at this point and it's fundamentally arbitrary. Why change?

We could change the convention or stick with what we have and either way no one is going to mess up any circuits because of this. It's literally a non issue.

You are missing electrochemistry here user, which somehow is established before solid state physics.