What books would you read if you had to spend a couple months in county jail?

What books would you read if you had to spend a couple months in county jail?

Gulag Archipelago, for different reasons.

>Gulag Archipelago
Reading about other people in confinement, even if worse off, probably isn't the best idea.

Personally I think I'd benefit from hearing how much worse it could be, especially if it's just a county jail. And I don't think I'd get through the unabridged version if I'm not literally locked up for months.

How to Not Get Raped in Jail for Dummies

Didn't see that coming

You mean write? I'd finally get separated from the Internet. Each and every time that has happened, I've been more productive than ever before.

The alchemist

I'm not much of a writer, can't imagine myself writing fiction and despite my life experience I don't consider it insightful enough to waste anyone else's time on. I've been around the world but as a tourist and not as some deep intellectual solving poverty in the Caucuses or some shit.

SOLZHENITSYN

ok. ok. wow. just... ok. what kind of fucking stupid question is this? clearly you don't know much about literature so the way i see it you have 2 options:

one:
- read the complete works of Homer
- the complete works of Shakespeare
- James Joyce complete works.
you'll actually learn great literature, this almost makes the rest of the literary world irrelevant as anything worth while is just a spinoff of these works somehow. you can literally never read fiction again and be just as well off as if you read the entire rest of the western canon, in fact better off, since you didn't waste your time with fiction. put that effort into non-fiction, writing, health, relationships, living your life.

option two:
this, In Search of Lost Time. this will immediately let everyone on the cell block know that you're a gigantic fucking bitch and that you'll submit to them with minimal hassle, you'll save time and energy trying to cover up the fact that you're a fucking bitch and instead just accept the fact that you are a giant bitch. maybe start practicing dildoing your ass and deepthroating cucumbers from now because that's exactly what you're gonna be doing in prison, might as well hit the ground running and be so good at it that you're viewed with somewhat of value to the cell mates and the biggest baddest motherfucker will protect you.

Wow, you are truly fucking retarded

>this
wouldn't last a couple months, but it would be a good start

48 laws of power

Get out of here Jordan

no one gets raped regularly in fucking county jails rofl

The only appropriate time to recommend this book. Congratulations.

It's a well known phenomenon that a caged American will turn to rape within 2 weeks.

Now *that* will make one look weak.

No. Brutes respect intelligence. It is very easy to verbally submit someone stupid to your will. The trick is to have them believe you respect them.

Marcus Aurelius' Meditations
Spanish for Dummies
Men Without Women
The Count of Monte Christo

i would bring a copy of the new testament

My diary desu.

Infinite Jest, so I can carve it out with no regrets to hide my shank in it