Horseradish General

What determines the hotness of horseradish? Is "extra hot" the hottest horseradish can be? Also I love horseradish it is good.

>1g of protein for zero calories
literally better than whey protein

The concentration of isothiocyanate determines the "hotness," but that won't be determined by the ingredients. The hottest would be pure isothiocyanate.

holy shit get this to Veeky Forums ASAP

Is this the chicken nugget killer theyve been looking for??

I see, thank you user

Did you really need to make a fucking general?

Yes and it will live on forever. This is a deep topic.

Is it true most wasabi outside of Japan is horseradish?

Yes

But why, baby?

Laziness?

I love horseradish but I have no idea what to put it on. I feel like a fat burger just eating it alone, give me some horseradish centric recipes

real Wasabi cannot be processed and stored and extremely perishable. Also it's incredibly hard to grow.

This is why they've replaced it with horseradish because it's easier to make it last long and easy to grow.

Which is the one that tasts like rubber? I had some wasabi at todai. My senpai loved it but I had to spit it out on a napkin.

Economics, you know, the reason anyone does anything.

>But why, baby?
Read this in Phil Hartman's voice

If you yearn to burn to just put some on a snack cracker.

The Yearn To Burn™ is a trademark of The Zesty Dill™

Yep, this.

It would be affected by the growing conditions of the plant, the genetics of said plant, how fresh it is, whether or not it's been cooked, and whether or not there are other ingredients in the "horseradish" that might dilute it.

If you have access to fresh horseradish root that will nearly always be much stronger than a product in a jar since the stuff in the jar will have been cooked as part of the canning process.

kek, I can totally see those retards gobbling down spoonfulls of this shit

In Poland we eat it with sausage

Big fat slab of bacon cooked in oven with salt pepper on bread butter and a spoonful of homemade horseradish

I would kill for sandwich like that rn

Anyone else just eat spoons of this shit?

I can't get enough. I fucking love it.

Generally true apart from the UK.

I could probably eat mouthfuls of it. That's savage though. Too savage.

I think it's really good in fried rice
that or a cold sandwich

28 grams in each jar, eat a jar daily. Fucking idiot