Is this actually good or is it just a meme?

is this actually good or is it just a meme?

it's okay

I like a dried belgian waffle crumb crust on my chicken with a terragon dashi gravy to top it but that's the closest I get to chicken and waffles to be honest

It's actually pretty good. I found a place that served the fried chicken with cornbread jalapeno waffles and it was really good.

Bretty good

do they actually go together? i really don't see it, though ive never had it. i dont want to make and every time its at a restaurant im at it costs like 15 bucks at least

It used to be a poor but easy to procure food that is now a wide spread meme. It's not awful, but it is one of the worst applications of all of it's ingredients. Think of it as the lean of the culinary world.

tendies are good but shit with bones are awful with waffles

It's okay, you should try it once

But it's mostly meme. White people live to try soul food and pretend it's the best thing ever

Soul food is pretty good sometimes
If prepared by a nice, fat, black grandma who'd whip you with a switch for misbehaving it's just a step below a michelin star experience

You're not wrong, but chicken and waffles? Eh

My nan would never make chicken and waffles my man. Like an user above said, it's like the lean of the culinary world.
None of the black side of my family actually likes it. It's more of a hipster white people thing that you'd get at a food truck for 20$.
I'm talking classic heart clogging, cholesterol raising soul food. Nan's salisbury steak, fried chops, fried chicken wings, chitterlings, deep fried offal and gravy etc.

You sound like you know what's up user.

It's like when you have pancakes and sausage and you get that little bit of sweet on the sausage from the syrup. I was skeptical, but it's actually pretty good.

Tried it once on this black street in toronto where every second restaurant advertized their "chicken n waffles". It was meh. Syrup on fried chicken was actually kinda decent but as a whole the dish didnt work that great

Isn't that what that black kid said in "this is England" right before he got stomped

meme. the two are incompatible. fried chicken is good. waffles are good. putting them together does literally nothing. I've been to Roscoes, shit was ok

Nigger meme.

It's not "soul food", it's southern food.

Northern niggers just don't know any better, and neither do the white yankee scum.

It works way better then I ever expected. It's not the best for ever, but it's popular because it is good.

Meme

It's alright.
Nothing special however, doesn't really do anything.

>redneck tries to appropriate black culture
Shit, are you related to Elvis Presley?

"soul food" fucking niggers lmfao

>black
>"culture"

Choose one, Ameriboo...

exactly what i came here to say. maybe i'm just a spoiled firstworlder tho

Elvis didn't wear a loin cloth and engage in tribal warfare, infant rape or cannibalism

unf

its good but who the fuck thought putting a piece of bone-in meat on a waffle that you eat with a fork+knife was a good idea. tendies and waffles would be so much more practical and satisfying to eat.

t. exclusively eats bone-in chicken

good my nigga

Nah. fuck belgian waffles with chicken. I like ones with smaller squares with fried chicken.

>are sweet and savory things good together!?!?!?
Fucking idiots.

Damn, you guys couldn't just live with winning the civil war and destroying our homes and way of life, you gotta destroy our very identity too.

It's good.

I fuck with it heavy when going to Ihop. Reason being I live in central KY and chicken and waffles isn't that big here. The irony of a fried chicken dish not being huge here is not lost on me.

Fuck off back to /pol/

Motherfucker it's northern as hell. Clubs sold it to use leftover chicken and the waffles were fresh because people left the places so late they were beginning breakfast.

>fails to comprehend the meaning and subject of the post it spergs out over

Idiot.

>hey guys, I was just pretending to be retarded.

>still doesn't understand

Went out to AYCE small plates brunch yesterday. One of the plates we ordered was """"""""""""""""Cuban"""""""""""""""" chicken and waffles. It's like normal chicken and waffles, but fucking horrible and with mango preserves. I like normal C&W, but this tasted like broken promises.

tl;dr, when Amerigroids make it, it's good. When Cubans make it, it's criminally bad.

it's OK, but overrated. not that great of a combo

Fried whole chicken parts and waffles are ehh.

Chicken tenders and cheap waffles are honestly better. Dip the chicken in the syrup and the waffles in honey mustard.

Damn him and his facts.

whenever I try it the waffles are always mediocre, like something from a complimentary breakfast buffet at a hotel
I think tenders would go well with funnel cake though, I'll combine them next time I go to a fair

I had it a couple of times just to make sure I had given it a fair shot. It's become sort of a fashionable thing for trendy restaurants catering to what I suppose might be called "yuppies".

I appreciate the effort they put into it, sourcing artisanal single-origin maple syrups and using only upstate NY grains, but at the end of the day it's just not very good. I am not racist against the blacks or anything, but their food is just as bad as the whites and it seems somewhat condescending and disrespectful to serve their terrible concoctions and pretend it's automatically interesting just because it is provocatively unpleasant to eat. greasy, heavy, and vulgar.

Just imagine how white flyovers would feel if some enterprising young chef served up tater tot pizza on the grounds that the ignorant gastronomically blighted peoples of far flyover invented it and therefore it's exotic and cool. cultural appropriation, and not the good kind like Andy Ricker or Rick Bayless giving credit where credit is due, but the bad kind like David Chang ruining ramen while pretending to have invented it.

moist, dense waffles and fried chicken with maple syrup is pretty god damned good, but it just begs to be messed with - spicing up the waffles, putting hot sauce and gravy on top, or curry.