Putting Spice on Rice

has anyone ever put spices in rice before it boils?

how did it turn out.

i want rice for my burritos i'm gonna make and was thinking i could stir in taco seasoning before i boil the rice

No, but I always salt plain rice. Nothing more.

Why not just make tomato rice or something? if I was trying to make spicy rice I'd do that while adding in some puree from a can of chipotle peppers

no tomato sauce was just thinking of experimenting with it.

Just some garlic salt for me is all it takes. Sounds weird but its very good

I tried furikake on rice pre cooked and it just tasted soggy and bland
Aromatics are good for cooking with rice (star anise, allspice, fennel seed, nutmeg etc.) but don't use dried and powdered spices. Use whole fresh spices for cooking with rice.

I put crushed red peppers in sometimes, it's good

Yes. it's called a khichdi

That sounds nice. Maybe feed it to your mice?

>taco seasoning
Perhaps come up with your own mix? It could be fun. Why buy a packet of spice, friend?

change half the water for kimchi juice

sometimes i'm lazy or drunk.

but thats how i do my sgetti sauce

this

turned out decent. fyi

I made 3 cups of brown rice the other day entirely with pickle juice. Turned out pretty tasty.

1 cup of rice
2 cups of veg or chicken stock (this is more or less the overlooked secret here)
Dash of worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
A pinch (like a few threads) of good quality saffron

Rice cooker (for perfect, consistant results)

I usually chop jalapeƱos and throw them in there with the seeds to make the rice spicy.

cook it with a mix of tomato sauce, chicken stock, and tapatio hot sauce.

I have put in those chicken packets you get from ramen into my rice water. It turns out damn good.

1 cup of rice
1 tbsp of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin

the flavor isn't strong but it smells really good

dill rice

Most Middle Eastern and Central Asian nations have a variant of pilaf, so yes. Someone probably put spices in it before it boils

Add some turmeric or saffron to the rice and it will taste quite nice.

Great advice. Rice cooked in veg stock with cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, saffron threads, and cardamom pods.

>khichdi
This looks delicious, would you recommend the recipe that was posted with that picture?

I boil my rice in chicken stock.

It's really good.