>Have to stop at every sentence and study it to understand it
>5 Volumes
>Over 3000 pages
Yeah, fuck that.

His infinite wisdom and glory

>Truth is easy

Lol baka

indisputable proof of god

Why would I bother reading someone who has been thoroughly refuted?

youtube.com/watch?v=U3yKxvW9yNA

Confessions are great, City of God is fine, everything else is trash.

that's the door, the only way in

small and extremely uncomfortable

Where do I start?

When I first saw this I was so disappointed in humanity.

Thomas Aquinas: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions) Paperback – 30 Nov 2009
by Fergus Kerr

wtf?!?!? I hate Thomas Aquinas now

has the vatican seen this?

Aquinas: A Beginner's Guide by Feser.

>supporting "opinions" with a youtube video
fucking kek
Confessions is a work by Augustine, not Thomas

Sounds good, I'm not a strongly dogmatic Christian, I see Christianity as the core of Western thought and its teachings as our collective purpose as Western people, but I don't follow any of the teachings such as abstinence, or anything else.

>Augustine, not Thomas
>implying there's a difference

I've read summa... it's notable for his frequent referencing Aristotle, Avveroes and others. I got he's trying to square faith and reason but his five proofs of god left me underwhelmed. Also he was a fatty.

I preferred Augustine and Boethius and jumping to Decartes.

>Christian
>don't follow any of the teachings
top meme my mange

You don't have to follow the cristian teachings. Thomas is a great reading especially if you're interested in improving our knowledge of Logic and Epistemology

(not) nice meme

*your

Ones a Platonist and the other an Aristotelean...quite a divide philosophically speaking despite ones influence over the other.

Well Christianity has a dogmatic and a spiritual side, and while dogmatism is important to keep the spiritual in check and to make sure that the ideas of Christianity and fundamentally the ideas that are at the core of Western civilization survive, I don't think it's necessary to be strongly dogmatic person myself necessarily if it's limiting me in what I consider a journey in life towards truth and knowledge.
Thanks, defenitely giving it a go.

>le spiritual but not religious
Then you shouldn't call yourself a Christian, famalam.

I believe in the concept of heaven, but God is not human to me, heaven is not something I can physically walk through, and almost all of the stories in the bible are pre-Christian collectivized stories of heroic virtues turned into deities and serve as a grip to make life bearable. I fully support science and believe in revolution, not sure what that makes me.

>I don't think it's necessary to be strongly dogmatic person myself necessarily if it's limiting me in what I consider a journey in life towards truth and knowledge
right, that's the spirit

god NOT Real lol lamo meme desu . . .

Kek, thanks pally.

>amazing atheist
that remind me of something
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwEfBUE2EsM

I went to an expensive Christian school and listened to very smart and articulate teachers explain the Thomasian proofs of god. It smelt like bullshit then and, having recently studied medieval philosophy, it's bullshit now.

But it's still an incredibly interesting read if you're into theology. It's neat to see where Heidegger took influence.

I'm literally writing my bachelor's thesis on tommy boy

>half

more like 95%

That's not a religion. What you are describing is just an epicurean dillusion to help you cope with the fact you don't want to give up your material life.

This is how I approached him
Copleston, History of Philosophy vol 1
Plato, Republic, Meno, Phaedo, Laws, Apology
Aristotle, Politics, Ethics, Categories, Metaphysics
Copleston, History of Philosophy, vol 2
Edward Feser, Aquinas
Alasdari MacIntyre, God, Philosophy, Universities, Whose Justice? Which Rationality?

Summa Contra Gentiles and Summa Theologia

Haven't finished all of what I planned from Aquinas, went back for Church Fathers and some mystical theology since the whole Amoris Latitia is very problematic.