(((Bernard)))
Leibniz
Hegel
Wittgenstein
Katz

Cortázar

this desu

Julius Evolva and Henry David Thoreau. They shaped me as a man

do his stories get better after La Otra Orilla? I'm enjoying it so far but I thought it would be better.

Help me appreciate Woolf. I find her novels really boring, which is unusual for me, but I really want to like her.

>my father groan'd, my mother wept
>into the dangerous world I lept
God tier

Kundera

Nietzsche has written the best books that will ever be written, period. I know you think that the idea of there being "best books" is ridiculous, but that's only because you are retards. And there are no best foods either, or best cars, or best climates, or cultures, or species, and everything is equal to everything else in existence: this is your philosophy, we know — but only when it suits you (because when it doesn't suit you there miraculously appear plenty of things that are superior to other things); and we know this too — we have figured it out all too well by now, so well that there are animals today that are more interesting to us than you.

F L A U B E R T
L
A
U
B
E
R
T

What is essential in art remains its perfection of existence, its production of perfection and plenitude; art is essentially affirmation, blessing, deification of existence -- What does a pessimistic art signify? Is it not a contradictio? -- Yes. -- Schopenhauer is wrong when he says that certain works of art serve pessimism. Tragedy does not teach "resignation" -- To represent terrible and questionable things is in itself an instinct for power and magnificence in an artist: he does not fear them -- There is no such thing as pessimistic art -- Art affirms. Job affirms. -- But Zola? But the Goncourts? Flaubert? -- The things they display are ugly: but that they display them comes from their pleasure in the ugly -- It's no good! If you think otherwise, you're deceiving yourselves.

Dostoevsky or Rowling

Harold Bloom

*whom

wut

>Rowling

>on ne peut penser et ecrire qu'assis [One cannot think and write except when seated] (G. Flaubert).
There I have caught you, nihilist! The sedentary life is the very sin against the Holy Spirit. Only thoughts reached by walking have value.

Kant

Say what you want but I always loved the way Tony Robbins thought and wrote.

Nabokov

I don't have one
Is that normal?

That's not the point of this thread, you dog fucking pedant. Just talk about someone(s) you like a lot.

Please, no bully

James Joyce

Thom Yorke
Neil Gaiman

Seriously?

Murakami, because Hard-Boiled Wonderland & the End of the World

and Bruce Springsteen

My boy Henry David Thoreau

*your

Bolaño.

this desu

he's so respected that people even go out of their way to type the 'ñ' properly

I have a spic keyboard.

reeeee

Schmidt or Dante

I can't compare

Salinger.

Charles Bukowski his works got me through highschool and early college

DFW and I'm being sincere about it

Not the same user, and I'll admit I haven't read as much Cortàzar as I'd like, but his "Bestiario" is one of my favorite stories of all time.

His poetry is wonderful too. Nothing life-changing but definitely worth digging around for.

You make us look bad

wrong answer friendo

Hans Blumenberg. Anyone here knows him?

Bob Dylan

You're such a faggot

Hemingway

Leo Tolstoy.

this

Damn, dude had elven ears.

>Mishima

Thanks Veeky Forums

Hesse desu bb

Bought the glass bead game and haven't started it yet.

Demian and Siddhartha are both infinite to me.

It's spelled with two em.

leave this board and go back to pol

Hamsun desu

Also good contenders

shit taste

Murakami

I don't see anything /pol/ about that list at all.

T. S. Eliot

Bump

The brackets are a /pol/ meme

Go back to

Melville. In all seriousness he is by far the greatest American author and up there with the greatest authors of all time. I honestly believe this.

That's Arthur Conan Doyle, bro.

He spoke in more voices and more earnestly than Dostoevsky.

Mishima, Hamsun, and Bely are my favorites at the moment